James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Re: New album cover

Post by James Livewire » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:45 am

That pun defo wasnt intended. lol
Lazarus wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm
No one has mentioned the pun inherent in the cover art: the album is called "Detroit STORIES" and we're looking up at a group of Detroit's multi-story buildings.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Agreed.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:56 am

Not sure if anyone else ordered it, but I’ve had the blue vinyl cancelled by JPC. I can only assume it’s been withdrawn for some reason?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:04 am

Update on the JPC vinyl. They’ve now got back to me and advised the following...

“As we all know, the EU member Great Britain will become a third country from 2021.

For us in the service department, this means that we unfortunately have to cancel the current order in order to be able to carry out the changeover in our system without any problems.

End customers from the UK will only be able to buy from usagain in the new year and order the cancelled items again via our shop page.”

Seems like an odd thing to do, but then what do I know! The refund came just in time to buy the new Good Records version instead!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:37 am

Tried to identify through the different suggestions on here which vinyl to get. (I only buy one)
Am I right in thinking that black, purple and red aren't limited edition? They seem to be available through most links and stores and that other colours seem to be really difficult to get hold of from places such as Nuclear Blast due to (I'm presuming) Brexit.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:29 am

You should go for the splatter version from Good records.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 am

I am going to humbly apologise for complaining about the Blu Ray release...It has always came accross as a bit of a cash grab in the sence you HAVE to buy the box set to get it. BUT the T Shirt in the box set is a pleasant suprise, I was expecting the album cover printed on it which would have been a terrible T shirt. The design released though looks not too bad and actually that T-Shirt will serve me well at a future concert. So despite the fact I have not owned a CD player in 10 years the Blu Ray/ T Shirt combo is not too bad value (and even better value for anyone with a CD player of course)...Pre order placed.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:19 pm

rgallie wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 am
I am going to humbly apologise for complaining about the Blu Ray release...It has always came accross as a bit of a cash grab in the sence you HAVE to buy the box set to get it. BUT the T Shirt in the box set is a pleasant suprise, I was expecting the album cover printed on it which would have been a terrible T shirt. The design released though looks not too bad and actually that T-Shirt will serve me well at a future concert. So despite the fact I have not owned a CD player in 10 years the Blu Ray/ T Shirt combo is not too bad value (and even better value for anyone with a CD player of course)...Pre order placed.
Boom boxes are still (relatively) cheap, around $50 & they've added a aux feature that allows you to plug in your device.
I keep it in the garage for when I'm working on the car.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:38 pm

mestreech wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:29 am
You should go for the splatter version from Good records.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm from the UK so has cost me a small fortune to have it sent over but also gone for Live from the Astroturf release which for some reason I never ordered, so win win.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Just pre-ordered the purple vinyl/poster. So have done everything I said I would refuse to do and ordered the box set for the blu ray only as no CD player and ordered a seperate vinyl. No will power here.

EDIT and also just seen the above comment on Astroturf after posting this so bought that as well :rotfl:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 pm

rgallie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm
Just pre-ordered the purple vinyl/poster. So have done everything I said I would refuse to do and ordered the box set for the blu ray only as no CD player and ordered a seperate vinyl. No will power here.
A blu-ray player will play CDs too, ya know?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:17 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 pm
rgallie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm
A blu-ray player will play CDs too, ya know?
Yeah but my setup for music is my record player via Sonos or prime muaic via sonos. My soundbar setup is good enough for blu ray concerts and syncs properly but I'm not messing about with wiring to hook up my ps4 to my Sonos whenever i want to play 1 CD. Prime music sounds compressed compared to vinyl. I also like buying vinyl, i an ideal world there would have been a blu ray/vinyl release but never mind. Thanks to holding out until now I have also got a copy of Astroturf so its all good

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:47 pm

Did anyone get a delay notice on their vinyl via the official UK store

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:32 pm

rgallie wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:47 pm
Yup, got one too.

For those interested, the blue JPC vinyl exclusive has come back in stock and can be ordered on a 1 per customer basis...

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... m/10359456

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm

rgallie wrote:
I know some US people got delay emails about the box set, and just had a friend saying that Townsend Music is saying it's delayed until after March 1st...

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 pm

I pre-ordered a few things through Earmusic, but due living in the U.S., everything came usually a week or two later. A couple of those things were delayed, so I didn’t receive them until over a month after the release date. It is irritating.

Amazon on the other hand has always gotten my pre-order to me on the day of release. Amazon sent a shipping update yesterday that the record was shipped and at the facility in my city, so it will be here tomorrow.

Earmusic is also not the only label that I have had issues getting pre-orders on time from. I always tried to support the label directly, but it’s become to much of a nuisance in my opinion.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:29 pm

My box set from Amazon US shipped today and arrives Saturday.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm

SickThings wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:29 pm
My box set from Amazon US shipped today and arrives Saturday.
I hope my Astroturf record ships as fast :laugh:

I have quite the order due...Astroturf from Good Records shop, Detroit Stories Box set, DS Vinyl/poster and wacken bluray vinyl box set

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Absolutley buzzing

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:40 am

Si wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm
rgallie wrote:
I know some US people got delay emails about the box set, and just had a friend saying that Townsend Music is saying it's delayed until after March 1st...
And.. I woke up this morning to emails saying all my orders have been delayed until at least March 1st...
As Townsend Music are the official retailer for the album as per the official site and links this is pretty poor service.
On top of that it will hurt any chart positions etc as a LOT of people will have ordered via the official site/links.