I LOVE AMERICA. THE LAST WARNER BROTHERS 45!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: I LOVE AMERICA. THE LAST WARNER BROTHERS 45!

Post by patrick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 am

about Prakash John
problably not the interview Si was referring to, but nevertheless with some interesting remarks concerning Alice.
How Dick Wagner could sing all the parts if Alice couldn't make it, etc..
eg : Wagner's writing was the cornerstone of Alice's success with Welcome to My Nightmare. What a beautiful song, "Only Women Bleed." What a fantastic song. I know he had to share the writing credits with Bob Ezrin and Alice, but that's business.

http://www.troianomusic.com/prakash.html
you really wouldn't understand..

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I have the 12 inch single and also saw a copy at a recent record fayre for a tenner. What an album. That solo in pass the gun... Is sublime. Personally I think dyslexia is the only weak track but its all about taste and preference.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:21 am
The one question I wish Wagner spoke about in the book or that incredible podcast episode was the inclusion of Prakash John on "Fresh Blood". I believe Prakash is Canadian and lives in Toronto (or it's suburbs) but somewhere I think Prakash stated that he doesn't remember playing at those sessions.

I could understand this is he were uncredited, but the album jacket goes out of it's way to make sure to credit him on that

Someone on here (If I remember right) stated that "Fresh Blood" could have been a leftover track from "Goes To Hell" and they kept Prakash's bass parts and just reworked the rest of the song. They did need filler which also accounts for the unnecessary length of the song.
Regarding Prakash John’s bass part and his lack of memory of It there’s always the possibility that they simply used a fairlight sample of some of his previously recorded playing rather than the bed track being an outtake from an earlier Lp.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:21 am

Babysquid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 am
mr.barlow wrote:
The one question I wish Wagner spoke about in the book or that incredible podcast episode was the inclusion of Prakash John on "Fresh Blood". I believe Prakash is Canadian and lives in Toronto (or it's suburbs) but somewhere I think Prakash stated that he doesn't remember playing at those sessions.

I could understand this is he were uncredited, but the album jacket goes out of it's way to make sure to credit him on that

Someone on here (If I remember right) stated that "Fresh Blood" could have been a leftover track from "Goes To Hell" and they kept Prakash's bass parts and just reworked the rest of the song. They did need filler which also accounts for the unnecessary length of the song.
Regarding Prakash John’s bass part and his lack of memory of It there’s always the possibility that they simply used a fairlight sample of some of his previously recorded playing rather than the bed track being an outtake from an earlier Lp.
As long as PJ gets a check - he doesn't have to remember, just cash it! At least they thought of him enough to give him credit!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 am

I heard he got $1.25 from sales of Da Da.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 am
All the profits????

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
I hate to have to correct you on this but your figure is wrong.

The total they ALL got for the sales of DaDa was $1.25.

Seen it as Prakash only played on one song I think his take was $0.02USD.
It's possible that at the sessions he was given free pizza and beer which would not be counted in his payout.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:30 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
I hate to have to correct you on this but your figure is wrong.

The total they ALL got for the sales of DaDa was $1.25.

Seen it as Prakash only played on one song I think his take was $0.02USD.
It's possible that at the sessions he was given free pizza and beer which would not be counted in his payout.
I would guess that means that P.J. "did have 2 pennies to rub together"! :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:09 pm

well---after Canadian taxes he was likely left with 1/4 of 1 cent.

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:39 pm

About "Dada""Pass the Gun Around"...

To mr.barlow
>I think it is the most important track on the album as it establishes the theme and helps the listener make sense
>of what's to follow.

Yes.I think "Dada" is also nice black joke. Main character's son has girls name, in his nightmare he confuse he has a daughter -nowadays LGBT- but they are "a boy"...

I think Sonny did Russian roulette in "Pass the Gun Around", and "there's a stranger in his bed"(dead body)...
"he wishes he was dead", but forsaken by luck.

On Official Youtube, somebody commented,
"Mick Marrs copied this solo on Home Sweet Home. Theres no way he wasn't aware of Alice's work. The phrasing and delay are just too similar. This album was just released when they were writing Theatre of Pain"

I've not heard "Home Sweet Home" until now, but his comment is right.
It's pleasure to see "Home Sweet Home guitar cover" on Youtube.
Dick Wagner lives!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm

I always read it as "the stranger in his bed" was himself as he didn't know who he was anymore. It fits with the identity crisis theme.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:52 pm

The "gun" he was referring to was a bottle of vodka. Wagner states as such in his comments on the song. "Give everyone a shot" was a play on words.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:52 pm
The "gun" he was referring to was a bottle of vodka. Wagner states as such in his comments on the song. "Give everyone a shot" was a play on words.
Ha! You know I hadn’t cottoned on to that one. You learn something new every day!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:31 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
I believe Prakash is Canadian and lives in Toronto (or it's suburbs) but somewhere I think Prakash stated that he doesn't remember playing at those sessions.

I could understand this is he were uncredited, but the album jacket goes out of it's way to make sure to credit him on that song.
I saw Prakash perform near Toronto in 2007. Had an opportunity to talk with him at the end of the night, mostly about Alice stuff and his contributions. Had the Dada album with me, so he perused the cover and sleeve, basically saying he remembers the album but nothing significant about playing on it. He said good things about Alice, Dick Wagner and Bob Ezrin, from years prior to Dada, but reserved his ultimate praise for Pentti Glan.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...