SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:01 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:36 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:58 am
From Toronto Bob:
"You're bored likely because I don't post here as much - so it's nice that you miss me"

Posting one interesting post out of hundreds doesn't make you interesting.
Oh Oh which one? I'll make sure not to repeat it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:47 am

From Toronto Bob:
"Oh Oh which one? I'll make sure not to repeat it."

You won't need reminding to ensure that.

User avatar
Cold Room
Killer
Killer
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Cold Room » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Amuk,
Your opinion....do you think Alice will ever radically alter his stage shows? (I'm not advocating that he should) And if not...do you see a possible link up, by him, to one of the traveling "Oldies" shows with other performers?
You're not a dope...so I think you could even see Alice and Co even forming one of the "caravans" on his own. There are some advantages in these shows...especially for a guy who might want to start to cut back on the number of shows per year...but still have his name out there.
Open to your thoughts.
What you want and what you get are two different things

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 pm

From Cold Room:
"Your opinion....do you think Alice will ever radically alter his stage shows?"

No (and by the way, you might consider having a separate thread for this).

> (I'm not advocating that he should) And if not...do you see a possible link up, by him, to one of the traveling "Oldies" shows with other performers?

That has happened many times already. I don't see the connection you're making though.

>You're not a dope...

That is debateable.

>so I think you could even see Alice and Co even forming one of the "caravans" on his own.

I don't think I understand what you mean. Normally, the promoters and booking agents are the ones who put those packages together.

>There are some advantages in these shows...

Almost everything he does is advantageous.

>especially for a guy who might want to start to cut back on the number of shows per year...

I don't know for sure that he has that intention.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am

perhaps the "Billions Dollar Babies" can reunite and join up with one of those oldies caravans. Bring the Battle Axe stage show out of mothballs.

User avatar
Cold Room
Killer
Killer
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Cold Room » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:34 pm
From Cold Room:
"Your opinion....do you think Alice will ever radically alter his stage shows?"

No (and by the way, you might consider having a separate thread for this).

> (I'm not advocating that he should) And if not...do you see a possible link up, by him, to one of the traveling "Oldies" shows with other performers?

That has happened many times already. I don't see the connection you're making though.

>You're not a dope...

That is debateable.

>so I think you could even see Alice and Co even forming one of the "caravans" on his own.

I don't think I understand what you mean. Normally, the promoters and booking agents are the ones who put those packages together.

>There are some advantages in these shows...

Almost everything he does is advantageous.

>especially for a guy who might want to start to cut back on the number of shows per year...

I don't know for sure that he has that intention.
I suppose my post WAS off topic and a bit obscure. I guess I just have trouble grasping Alice's desire to continue his massive touring at his age...using the same formula over and over. Thus my question on creating or joining an "Oldies" tour. I know, I know....everyone says he just enjoys the months and months of touring (and golf adventures?). But I can't help but wonder if there is more to it????? Maybe I'm just over-thinking. (Or looking for those old conspiracy theories, huh?). :nono:
What you want and what you get are two different things

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 pm

From Cold Room:
"I guess I just have trouble grasping Alice's desire to continue his massive touring at his age...using the same formula over and over."

You don't have to. He does what he wants, which is a fortunate position to be in.

> Maybe I'm just over-thinking. (Or looking for those old conspiracy theories, huh?).

Very possibly.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 pm

I think he continues to tour just to piss you off. It's part of the plan to continue to push GB out the door.

mr.barlow
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Better yet, the next time you are at a party with the original band members why don't you ask them?

They have contact with Alice and perhaps they could ask the question for you.

Then again, I bet they would rather have spoiled hors d'oeuvres served at the party then to have you in attendance.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am
perhaps the "Billions Dollar Babies" can reunite and join up with one of those oldies caravans. Bring the Battle Axe stage show out of mothballs.
I'd certainly love to see that, and I'm pretty sure a no. of others would. Of course at this point the odds of a BDB Group reunion are likely slim to none and that 70's stage show they had is long gone.

Ted

User avatar
Cold Room
Killer
Killer
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Cold Room » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 pm
mr.barlow wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am
perhaps the "Billions Dollar Babies" can reunite and join up with one of those oldies caravans. Bring the Battle Axe stage show out of mothballs.
I'd certainly love to see that, and I'm pretty sure a no. of others would. Of course at this point the odds of a BDB Group reunion are likely slim to none and that 70's stage show they had is long gone.

Ted
Yeah a one and off show by 'Billion Dollar Babies' would be fun.Sadly, no stage...long gone. But Dennis has a Battle Axe guitar, and knowing Dennis, probably some other stuff. Round up Dolin and Marconi and put on an east coast show somewhere. Flint, Mi would be a great spot too. LOL
What you want and what you get are two different things

User avatar
Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2077
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: 340 Sanitarium

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 pm
I think he continues to tour just to piss you off. It's part of the plan to continue to push GB out the door.
And who do we see in the Official AC Twitter photo for Fathers Day?
GB with AC & the rest of the boys w/baby!
The ACG's BDB's album is one of the best & most complex sleeves in my collection!
I have other unique bands LP's with one bound in leather & another that came in a burlap bag!!
https://twitter.com/alicecooper/status/ ... k.co.uk%2F
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4347
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 am

Sadly Glen and the baby are gone!

Babysquid
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 am

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Babysquid » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 am
Sadly Glen and the baby are gone!
The baby’s gone too???
Edit: Ok I just read about it in the discography
Last edited by Babysquid on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cold Room
Killer
Killer
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: SCHOOLS OUT TOTP QUESTION

Post by Cold Room » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 am

.
What you want and what you get are two different things

Post Reply