Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

another 3 new color vinyl reissues

Post by mestreech » Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 am

Hi,

RHINO will release 3 exclusive vinyls from Alice Cooper on color wax.

The titles are part of the : "Back to the 80's" campaign.

Titles are : DADA / Flush the fashion / Zipper catches skin.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: another 3 new color vinyl reissues

Post by Si » Mon May 21, 2018 6:32 am

This is getting silly!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 21, 2018 6:35 am

This is getting phenomenal!!!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 21, 2018 6:36 am

They must be making money off them!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 am

dadascot wrote:They must be making money off them!!
Of course. Dangle a limited edition in front of a small but dedicated fan base and they'll be snapped up every time.
It just seems like every time I turn around there are more! The Gold LT isn't even out yet is it? and already there's more.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 21, 2018 7:13 am

My 'Zipper' went missing (ooh err missus) in one of my many moves so I'm really happy! And any Dada release is good news!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm

There was no need for the gold Last Temptation, but these are really welcomed!

I'm hoping it Constrictor and RYFAY next!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

I also hope for RYFAY en Constrictor and every other album but those are different record companies.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 pm

One would hope that the apparent success of the other re-issues will result in a release at some stage. Some of the other albums have been re-issued multiple times now on various different colours!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:There was no need for the gold Last Temptation, but these are really welcomed!

I'm hoping it Constrictor and RYFAY next!
I have pre-ordered GOT seven of wait. It is the Alice vinyl I wanted most from those i don't have.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

So many special and limited editions that nothing seems special or limited anymore.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue May 22, 2018 4:08 am

padre_sliprat wrote:So many special and limited editions that nothing seems special or limited anymore.
The most special thing that could happen is to press some black vinyl considering that it holds up better and has less chance of having issues in general than colored vinyl. I'm worn out with this vinyl explosion and it's gimmicks especially multi-colored vinyls, because on top of colors being less stable than black vinyl that has carbon added to help harden the pvc so that the grooves don't deteriorate as quickly, different colors all have a different durability which leads to multi-colored vinyl wearing quicker in some spots over others which creates uneven sound quality.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 22, 2018 7:34 am

padre_sliprat wrote:So many special and limited editions that nothing seems special or limited anymore.
I agree. That was kinda my point in my first comment. These things were special, but now they seem to be putting less and less effort into the packaging making them less and less interesting.

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Paulimo » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 am

Dirty Diamonds, please.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 am

Si wrote:
I agree. That was kinda my point in my first comment. These things were special, but now they seem to be putting less and less effort into the packaging making them less and less interesting.
Try buying a new Gibson SG. I got $1,200 worth of disappointment for my money. It sits in it's case, sucking.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 22, 2018 11:33 am

guttertrash wrote:
The most special thing that could happen is to press some black vinyl considering that it holds up better and has less chance of having issues in general than colored vinyl. I'm worn out with this vinyl explosion and it's gimmicks especially multi-colored vinyls, because on top of colors being less stable than black vinyl that has carbon added to help harden the pvc so that the grooves don't deteriorate as quickly, different colors all have a different durability which leads to multi-colored vinyl wearing quicker in some spots over others which creates uneven sound quality.
You do have to question how many of these vinyl's actually get played though. I'm as big a culprit as anyone, already have black copies but still buy them as they are something different. It's a vicious circle, the more you buy the more they release!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 am

Paulimo wrote:Dirty Diamonds, please.
That's already been issued on vinyl twice.

Fairly limited production numbers though and the Night Of The Vinyl Dead edition was really nicely done (only 500 made though).

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 pm

How about a plain stock cover, black vinyl and incredible music?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
guttertrash wrote:
You do have to question how many of these vinyl's actually get played though. I'm as big a culprit as anyone, already have black copies but still buy them as they are something different. It's a vicious circle, the more you buy the more they release!
You are correct that there are probably quiet a few who never listen to them, but why not just press some color and some black, because there will be those who do listen to them or who want a newer, cleaner copy than the one that has been around for 30 years. Also colored vinyl is more expensive to press, so it makes it even more odd to me that these labels don't maximize their profits by pressing at least half black vinyl and then end up selling an inferior product which also lessens their profit margin.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed May 23, 2018 7:03 am

Dear god! some people on here are the voice of doom!!! Lots of Alice albums being re-released with a bit of fan fare and the group of people who should be happy about it are doing the usual griping!!! I've bought LTD, WTMN, and SF. My black vinyl copies had scratches and jumps! I've never had TLT on vinyl so I'm over the moon. But what I have found is i don't play them to death the way I did when I was 15/16!! I still play downloaded versions in different rooms and the car. But bring it on. The more the merrier! Also the price is reasonable. TLT cost me £20 with no delivery charge. STOP BLOODY MOANING.If you don't want them then just don't buy them! Easy!