Urban Myths

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Urban Myths

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:37 pm

I once knew a woman who was nicknamed "The Heinous Annie Anus". You can guess what her specialty was. When you paid her a visit she always insisted you use the backdoor. It was her vice.....literally.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:34 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I once knew a woman who was nicknamed "The Heinous Annie Anus". You can guess what her specialty was. When you paid her a visit she always insisted you use the backdoor. It was her vice.....literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaAjOMoQPY
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I once knew a woman who was nicknamed "The Heinous Annie Anus". You can guess what her specialty was. When you paid her a visit she always insisted you use the backdoor. It was her vice.....literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaAjOMoQPY
I demand MORE COWBELL!!! :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:41 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:I demand MORE COWBELL!!! :rotfl:
Don't we all...
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 am

I’m pretty sure Wagner said it was always buck and buck
I thought wagner said it was buck, **** to make a buck. which is a much better line. I think when he blatantly avoids using a "swear" word it normally comes off as embarrassing like the above mentioned oinks and buck,buck buck nonsense.

If he gives us anger and aggression without the need for swearing or silly subs its usually great.

never do get why swearing is so bad if you are religious.....but that's another issue! hahaha

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 pm

I am pleased Alice doesn't use foul language, but on the other hand, if you watch the Good To See You Again show and the things Alice does on stage ..
Would people at that time give comments like:it's all fine to us, as long as he doesn't swear on stage ? Remarkable..
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed May 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
I’m pretty sure Wagner said it was always buck and buck
I thought wagner said it was buck, **** to make a buck. which is a much better line. I think when he blatantly avoids using a "swear" word it normally comes off as embarrassing like the above mentioned oinks and buck,buck buck nonsense.

If he gives us anger and aggression without the need for swearing or silly subs its usually great.

never do get why swearing is so bad if you are religious.....but that's another issue! hahaha
I just came across this quote, and remembered this thread:

"I always treated Alice as a dignified criminal, like Hannibal Lecter. Lecter would never lower himself to use bad language. Alice was always too much of an elegant gentleman; He wouldn't swear, but he'd slit your throat."

And yes, I know Lecter swears in the movie, but I thought the quote explained things amusingly. :)

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu May 03, 2018 2:21 am

Don't forget the infamous Trouser Press article and interview where Alice says the f-word over and over many times.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu May 03, 2018 2:28 am

"I always treated Alice as a dignified criminal, like Hannibal Lecter. Lecter would never lower himself to use bad language. Alice was always too much of an elegant gentleman; He wouldn't swear, but he'd slit your throat."
That's a good quote, not sure if i have read that before. I have no issue with swearing or not, but sometimes it feels like he paints himself into a corner lyrically that then just comes off as silly.

just trying to remember the brutal planet clunker, "pissed-off-istic". :nono: very poor.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu May 03, 2018 3:22 am

darkmenace wrote:Don't forget the infamous Trouser Press article and interview where Alice says the f-word over and over many times.
That one has already been discussed as being embellished by the author....

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu May 03, 2018 4:43 am

SickThings wrote:
darkmenace wrote:Don't forget the infamous Trouser Press article and interview where Alice says the f-word over and over many times.
I missed that. Is that a definite fact that the author admitted or was Alice just in a weird mood that day?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 03, 2018 6:41 am

darkmenace wrote:
SickThings wrote:
I missed that. Is that a definite fact that the author admitted or was Alice just in a weird mood that day?
It's an obvious fact. Why would that one interview be so uncharacteristic?
True it isn't the only example of this happening, but it is so out of character to be unbelievable.
As I said earlier I think, there was at least one interview relatively recently where someone else was present during the interview and confirmed a journalist had added the swearing.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Finally got around to watching this. Wasn't a big fan.

Noel Fielding does a reasonable job and the recreation of the press conference is quite enjoyable.

Other than that it strikes me that the two guys who wrote it were more interested in Dali than Alice and his characterisation suffered accordingly.

My favourite episode of Urban Myths is the one with Eddie Marsan as Bob Dylan. Marsan is surprisingly effective as eighties Bob and it's very funny, to me anyway.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri May 11, 2018 6:35 am

I really liked it. I thought all the actors did a really good job, fielding was very good although his accent was a bit new York in places! I liked the surrealism scenes. Dali's relationship with his partner was actually quite true. I enjoyed the live aid episode but hated Frank Skinners Johnny Cash! I've not seen the others but am looking forward to seeing them!