GB. Last alice show

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

GB. Last alice show

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn? Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: GB. Last alice show

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 am

From Keith1980:
"Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?"

They met in 1997 after a show.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Keith1980 wrote:Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know there's only been reunions of up to 4 of them, i.e. Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal.

Ted

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
Keith1980 wrote:Was their ever a time when the whole band was together after the break up? Either playing or just seeing each other?
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know there's only been reunions of up to 4 of them, i.e. Alice, Michael, Dennis and Neal.

Ted
October 1997 Houston, Texas was GB, MB and NS.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:18 am

Keith1980 wrote:Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn? Did he ever reunite with alice in the 90s before he passed?
Channeling Bob D it's Glen not glenn.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Keith1980 wrote:Does anyone know what was the last show to have glenn?

From here....

April 6th `74 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Maracanacinho [18,988 capacity sold out]- The last ever show by the original band.

Oct `74 Circus reports the band at rest.
`After the last Brazil show, Glen disappears into the jungle for six weeks before returning to Conn. via New York, where he`s playing with video equipment (he then watched as an electrical fault caused $300,000 of damage to the mansion during a fire). Dennis is also in Conn. relaxing with Cindy. Mike has sold his Connecticut house and has moved to Lake Tahoe where he has built his own studio and is working there with Mike Mashbir. Neal is in Conn. putting finishing touches on `Platinum God`. Alice is also beginning to plan his own Solo album. He`s also spotted in Hawaii playing golf at James MacArthur's (Hawaii 5-0) Hawaiian Adventure Celebrity Golf and Tennis Tournament.`
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm

^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Oct.'75 After finishing his tour in support of the Nightmare album, Alice reconvenes with the Original Group to begin work on the follow up to Muscle of Love. Despite the sales figures for the Nightmare album, Alice announces he has no plans to record another solo album due to his honest admission that the music on his own album cannot begin to compare in quality to that of the Original Group. The Group plans a major tour following completion of their album in early 1976.

Disclaimer: Okay, I must readily admit that I'm sure Alice doesn't really feel that way about the musical quality of WTMN, but who know's what might have happened if he did...?

Ted

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:^^ I've seen/read those entries before. It's such a shame there couldn't have been a subsequent entry, say 1 year after the Oct.'74 one as follows:

Ted
I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:04 am

Ted
Shame that never happened.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:24 am

cooperrocks wrote:I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.
I've loved every era, except 86-92 (but I can't resist a little Thrill My Gorilla when lifting weights). The two albums which have consistently been my favorites are PFY and ZCS (I just pretend Tag, You're It does not exist). I recently bought the four 'blackout' albums (in shrink wrap) at a record store for almost nothing. SF is a radio promo copy.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:02 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:I respectfully disagree. The original band made good music and those years were great, but I prefer the solo years and while many will disagree with me, some others enjoy the solo years as well. I like the various aspects of his career. For example, those early 80's albums have become some of my favorites ever.
I've loved every era, except 86-92 (but I can't resist a little Thrill My Gorilla when lifting weights). The two albums which have consistently been my favorites are PFY and ZCS (I just pretend Tag, You're It does not exist). I recently bought the four 'blackout' albums (in shrink wrap) at a record store for almost nothing. SF is a radio promo copy.
I can honestly say I like every Alice era. The stuff with the original band was definitely good stuff and Glen Buxton is missed, but it wasn't my favorite era. From the Inside was my favorite of the 70's albums. In lines with your post, I loved the 86-92 era as I am a fan of the 80's hard sound. Constrictor was good but I thought the second half of Raise Your Fist and Yell was amazing. Trash had its moments, but I think Hey Stoopid is one of the best albums Alice ever did. Just my two cents.