Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The phenomenal encore

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 am

AliceFan wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:I appreciate people who do these paid meet and greets but doesn't interest me in the slightest. Add to that how the tickets have been handled on this UK tour is frankly dreadful (i have crap seats because i cannot afford to go to the scalpers websites as there is no standing)
I'm really excited for his new album and i'm excited to see him live but i am really angry that as a long time die hard fan i couldn't get good tickets when i logged on at the same time the tickets went live - but the scalpers had loads of front row etc.
It's great the ACG are playing and i am glad he has seemingly found a way to keep both camps happy (people who want solo and band stuff) so well played alice, good work, just wish the ticket situation was handled better, So disappointed.
::((:
Personally my opinion folks don't crap all over me for it, I think that the new album at least I think at the UK shows Alice will play at least 5 new songs, 3 off main album, the 2 new songs with the original ACG, it makes perfect sense since they'll already be at the shows and you know once it gets closer to those shows fans are going to want to hear them live. Boy what a show that would be. An its not like Alice hasn't played 5 or more songs off a new album before. He did this last on "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" and Brutal Planet tours so anythings possible.

Are you giving odds AliceFan? My guess would be 100-1.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Pitkin, why do you think you're right when it comes to everything tour dates /song wise when it comes to Alice Cooper? ? Don't you know that you're not going to be right about everything? An the more successful a new album is pitkin, the more songs are going to get played live from it. Was the case with brutal planet and teoac albums. An I bet this new album will be as successful as the 2 I mentioned, Alice is on a much bigger label now. An don't challenge me on this issue again cause I know my tour statistics much better than you do. Well maybe Alice won't play 5 new songs probably 4 new songs is more realistic I would say.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Well maybe Alice won't play 5 new songs probably 4 new songs is more realistic I would say.
Sadly i think 4 is more in keeping with his history. If the album rocks i would hope to see a good 6-8 but i think that is wishful thinking :(

I think with the ACG in tow he could work the set very cleverly. we shall see.
on a side note I was a bit shocked to see the alice touring band only found out about it after the press release came out, not from advance notice from the band. A bit odd.

Still fingers crossed alice pulls out the a great show/setlist.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:32 pm

AliceFan wrote:Pitkin, why do you think you're right when it comes to everything tour dates /song wise when it comes to Alice Cooper? ? Don't you know that you're not going to be right about everything? An the more successful a new album is pitkin, the more songs are going to get played live from it. Was the case with brutal planet and teoac albums. An I bet this new album will be as successful as the 2 I mentioned, Alice is on a much bigger label now. An don't challenge me on this issue again cause I know my tour statistics much better than you do. Well maybe Alice won't play 5 new songs probably 4 new songs is more realistic I would say.
17 and 15 years ago is old news, AliceFan. You call Pitkin out on tour history, but you fail to mention that his two most recent albums (W2MN and ACAS) have both outsold TEOAC, and Brutal Planet/Dragontown was such a vastly different style as well as was a major conceptual piece that he based tours on their surrounding theme. He has already said this album is not a concept album, so you have no conceptual theme to hold it together, and he ended up not even creating a show around W2MN which was his biggest selling album in over 20 years. That being said, he did take the Motley Crue opening slot which more than likely put a damper on things. You can look back at years of history, but nonetheless in recent tour history (going back over a decade), we have seen three new songs put into the set, and one of them dropped pretty quickly while the other two stay in the set for the whole of the tour. These are the facts of the situation. We are not saying it won't happen, but the current history of the situation tells us otherwise.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:51 pm

guttertrash wrote:
AliceFan wrote:Pitkin, why do you think you're right when it comes to everything tour dates /song wise when it comes to Alice Cooper? ? Don't you know that you're not going to be right about everything? An the more successful a new album is pitkin, the more songs are going to get played live from it. Was the case with brutal planet and teoac albums. An I bet this new album will be as successful as the 2 I mentioned, Alice is on a much bigger label now. An don't challenge me on this issue again cause I know my tour statistics much better than you do. Well maybe Alice won't play 5 new songs probably 4 new songs is more realistic I would say.
17 and 15 years ago is old news, AliceFan. You call Pitkin out on tour history, but you fail to mention that his two most recent albums (W2MN and ACAS) have both outsold TEOAC, and Brutal Planet/Dragontown was such a vastly different style as well as was a major conceptual piece that he based tours on their surrounding theme. He has already said this album is not a concept album, so you have no conceptual theme to hold it together, and he ended up not even creating a show around W2MN which was his biggest selling album in over 20 years. That being said, he did take the Motley Crue opening slot which more than likely put a damper on things. You can look back at years of history, but nonetheless in recent tour history (going back over a decade), we have seen three new songs put into the set, and one of them dropped pretty quickly while the other two stay in the set for the whole of the tour. These are the facts of the situation. We are not saying it won't happen, but the current history of the situation tells us otherwise.
What are the 3 songs?

Vengeance Is Mine, Caffeine and I'll Bite Your Face Off?

I think he's also played In Touch With Your Feminine Side and The Congregation.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Three song per album:
DD = Dirty Diamonds, Woman Of Mass Distraction, Sunset Babies (Added mid-tour and dropped after two legs), Steal That Car (Dropped after two or three shows)
ACAS = Vengeance, Feminine Side (Dropped after one leg)
W2MN = The Congregation (Dropped shortly into tour), I'll Bite You Face Off, Caffiene

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:38 am

The Sound Of A nAliceFan I bow to your knowledge of tour statistics an promise no more challenges. An now I know wear you are coming from it is all starting to make sense.Bigger label means Alice is proud of himself again an tells the crowd to buy the album. He will want to please DD MB and NS too and maybe he will extend the mini set to play the two new songs making five. Yes!!

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 am

AliceFan wrote:Alice is on a much bigger label now.
Is he? Wasn't W2MN on Universal?