Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Oh yeah--terminate the covers--NOW

Post by Si » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Get rid of 2 more covers and get Ubangi Stomp and Thrill My Gorilla in the setlist.
Si would be very happy with the first song you mentioned.
Its an odd choice anyway, you want to replace a cover with a cover....

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 pm

I like the covers. It was fun to hear "Suffragette City" in Milwaukee. I understand them wanting to mix up the set list to keep things interesting. I also completely agree with the inarguable fact that Alice has an entire career of great songs to draw from. The concert experience is a limited one for the crowd. The band lives it, but the attendee experiences it maybe only once. I have to agree with killing the covers. It is time to go deep into the catalog, and play some rarities instead.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Maaki wrote:
del wrote:Just watched the clip. Excellent!
Totally agree :)
Me too, very good.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:11 am

Let the Vampires do the covers - Alice doesnt need to do covers in both his shows and then again with the HV

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 pm

nurserozetta wrote:Let the Vampires do the covers - Alice doesnt need to do covers in both his shows and then again with the HV
I couldn't agree more. The covers segment has been done for quite a while now when Alice is headlining. The time for those four songs could be used for more obscure material. For instance, many fans have been wanting to hear something off of Raise Your Fist and Yell for years (how awesome was it when Alice started playing The World Needs Guts off of Constrictor later on in last year's tour). I will support Alice no matter what and his shows are still amazing, but I think most of us would be far more excited to hear some seldom heard live tunes as compared to the covers, leave that to the Hollywood Vampires stuff or do a cover for one of the encores at the end of the show.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:08 am

many fans have been wanting to hear something off of Raise Your Fist and Yell for years (how awesome was it when Alice started playing The World Needs Guts off of Constrictor later on in last year's tour)
i second, third and fourth that!!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 am

Alice obviously loves doing the covers. It is a short window where he can step away from the character and just be himself, a great singer, belting out classic songs. I'm sure he is tired of singing SO and NMMNG but knows he has to please the casual fan. This way he gets to play the songs of his youth and keep the casual fans happy too as they know this material. Remember, without them he would not be able to put on these great shows year after year. Does the casual fan really go to a show to hear Step On You or Jason's song? If we still want Alice live going forward we should embrace the covers not complain about them.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am

pitkin88 wrote:Alice obviously loves doing the covers. It is a short window where he can step away from the character and just be himself, a great singer, belting out classic songs. I'm sure he is tired of singing SO and NMMNG but knows he has to please the casual fan. This way he gets to play the songs of his youth and keep the casual fans happy too as they know this material. Remember, without them he would not be able to put on these great shows year after year. Does the casual fan really go to a show to hear Step On You or Jason's song? If we still want Alice live going forward we should embrace the covers not complain about them.
Can't really disagree with any of this. If he is doing covers perhaps he could dig a bit deeper. My main problem with HV, which I enjoyed, was that the majority of the songs were too obvious. But then I suppose if he refuses to play some of his more obscure songs why play someone else's obscure song? Still think he should drop this section in favour of an obscure section though!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Covers. No covers. All good.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...