Hollywood Vampires - Milwaukee

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Hollywood Vampires - Milwaukee

Post by damiennalice » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:28 am

I just experienced my strangest Alice Cooper live on stage performance.

It is strange to see Alice Cooper:

1) Not wear make up of any kind during a live performance.
2) Play harmonica during a live performance.
3) Perform "I'm Eighteen" w/o using a crutch as a prop.
4) See him sing a song I've only heard him sing on the album Special Forces.
5) Introduce other members playing in the band and have them get greater applause than himself.

That aside, I enjoyed the show and the crowd surely had a great time as well.

Sev
Trash
Trash

Re: Hollywood Vampires - Milwaukee

Post by Sev » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:15 am

Sounds awesome,not really a HV fan and its wired as hell when Alice has no make-up on :p and why is he using a crutch as prop for I'm eighteen :rotfl:

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Hollywood Vampires album has a surprisingly high rating on amazon.com 4.6 stars. Actually it has the highest rating of any Alice Cooper related studio release since Brutal Planet and I personally don't understand why. Not many here are crazy about it either. Personally I think it is the worst album Alice Cooper has been involved since Special Forces and in some ways it is even worse. I have listened to it through only twice.

I am glad some people enjoy it. And if it makes Alice Cooper happy to perform cover songs for change and playing with different musicians, so be it. But I certainly found it to be a very wise move to not release this album under the Alice Cooper banner. I just hope Alice feels creatively re-energized and refreshed after this transition phase (for a lack of better word) and comes up with both a very good new solo album and a very good new Hollywood Vampires record. I am at least pleased to know that current plan is to make the next Hollywood Vampires album of mostly original material.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:42 pm

From damiennalice:
"Not wear make up of any kind during a live performance."

The photographs from that concert show that he did.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:15 pm

I'm pretty sure Alice went without make-up for the majority of the live show during the "Trashes The World" tour.

I think he also went without make-up in ALL of the videos made for that album, along with all of the promotional materials for that album.

I think most of the press stuff for Hey Stoopid was also done without the make-up.

I think the make-up reappeared with The Last Temptation when Alice once again became Alice and thankfully drove a stake through the heart of his hair metal incarnation.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm

The OnMilwaukee review w/ pics had not been published as of my posting. From my vantage point (far back in the venue)and occasionally viewing a video screen I could see no make up being worn.I could see from the vid screen,however, the "bite marks" on his neck (along w/ a "blood mark" on his shirt on his lower right side). I stand corrected.