Killer

Re: His voice is too ugly to sing "Poison"

Post by Maaki » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:37 pm

If it walks like a troll :devil:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Maaki wrote:If it walks like a troll :devil:
I find nothing wrong with someone being a troll as long as they are good at it. I'm a firm believer in that every forum,chat room etc needs at least one troll.

However, Rocknroll is humiliating himself/herself in public. If ever there is a fail it's his attempt at trolling.

His postings remind me of another dipshit/half wit that used to show off his sheer stupidity to the general public on a daily basis. I think his name was Jim Buttplug or something to that effect.

At any rate--at least rockndull added some excitement to the forum.

Rocknroll
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocknroll » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:27 pm

mr.barlow wrote:Okay then--who would you like to hear sing the above songs? Give us examples of who you think are great singers.
I already did.

mr.barlow wrote:Again--give us your thoughts on albums and songs off of School's Out, Lace & Whiskey, Dada and The Last Temptation.

I don't like 70's music. And Alice Cooper is Alice Cooper, he sounds just as bad on those albums as he did on Trash and Hey Stoopid.
mr.barlow wrote:Also, why lets here some of your thoughts on comparing different albums and their production values.
Trash has the best production of any Alice album. However the CD cover art was very lackluster.

With Trash, Alice went from a "School's Out"-singing trans lady to an elderly, lonely lady. This old lady lives in a small town, and on dark evenings she sings of how her bed is made of nails and how much her heart is talkin'

In the years before, the same lady was singing upbeat songs about age and school, about having a good time....
It's all serious and gritty now, a sad lady who use witchcraft and spend rainy nights starving at a feast, and all this wine I've never tasted,
I can't take another night...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Dada and The Last Temptation are not from the 1970s, so I'm sure you could comment on their production and sound.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Rockntroll is trying to step up the troll game, but it all falls flat. A good troll can get under your skin but still be clever and witty, because they have substantial amount of knowledge on the subject. This is just meaningless banter that sticks to a tired routine. No clever b.s.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:56 pm

You're right--a song like House Of Fire is one of the darkest, most profound gritty songs Alice has ever written. The lyrics can be pondered over for hours in the quest for finding it's true meaning.

The same can be said for "Spark In The Dark". That song is so deep that I gasp every time I hear it. It's so deep--I can't see the bottom. The whole Trash album seems like a torturous bottomless pit. A sonic experience that leaves the listener in a agonizing free fall that truly never reaches the bottom, just forever suspended over the flaming fires of Hell!

And who can forget "This Maniacs In Love With You". The title alone is so cryptic, dark and very gritty.

Then the closer "I'm Your Gun". Now there's a song with some very dark undercurrents. Lyrics like "Pull my trigger, I get bigger" have me making comparisons to Bob Dylan. I think it's lyrics like that that made Dylan very complimentary of Alice's lyrics.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:00 pm

guttertrash--the post under yours is aimed at rocknhole. Your's came up before mine when posting. I should have quoted the post I was responding to. I just wanted to clarify it for you and everyone.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:10 pm

mr.barlow wrote:You're right--a song like House Of Fire is one of the darkest, most profound gritty songs Alice has ever written. The lyrics can be pondered over for hours in the quest for finding it's true meaning.

The same can be said for "Spark In The Dark". That song is so deep that I gasp every time I hear it. It's so deep--I can't see the bottom. The whole Trash album seems like a torturous bottomless pit. A sonic experience that leaves the listener in a agonizing free fall that truly never reaches the bottom, just forever suspended over the flaming fires of Hell!

And who can forget "This Maniacs In Love With You". The title alone is so cryptic, dark and very gritty.

Then the closer "I'm Your Gun". Now there's a song with some very dark undercurrents. Lyrics like "Pull my trigger, I get bigger" have me making comparisons to Bob Dylan. I think it's lyrics like that that made Dylan very complimentary of Alice's lyrics.
Somebody on this board should take some serious lessons from this brilliant post here before trying to continue with their pathetic trolling. That being said, I was just listening to Cold Ethyl, and I forgot how "dark, serious, and less cheesy" it is compared to all the non-shock rock in the world.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:32 am

Shades of GNDM anyone???? :devil:
*spider* :devil: :alice: *brick* *spider*
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:00 am

Why anyone is bothering to respond to this nonsense is beyond me.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:11 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Shades of GNDM anyone???? :devil:
*spider* :devil: :alice: *brick* *spider*
This is a fine post, i also suspect Rocknroll is a former member, come back to stir it up.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 am

Rocknroll wrote:I really don't understand why "Poison" is among his most popular hits, his voice basically kills the song for me. His voice is far too ugly to sing a beautiful song like "Poison".

I think Trash is a good album, and I know his voice isn't supposed to sound attractive, yet Poison is a total miss and fail. I do think the melody itself is probably something of the best ever written -you know the song is beautiful.

Alice's best songs in my opinion are "Hell Is Living Without You" and "Hey Stoopid". Him singing about love don't do it for me. It's ironic because he's by far the best song writer out there.
This post doesn't work on so many levels......it's a joke, it has to be. Hell is living without you is a ballad when Poison isn't and I won't even touch the rest LOL!
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:39 pm

This has to be a joke. He only mentions songs from 2 albums for the most part (Trash and Hey Stoopid) and never mentions Wind Up Toy as a horror/dark song?

Any reason for that, Rocknroll?

Rocknroll
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocknroll » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Alice Cooper is a character. A lady. That's why Alice has long hair, make up and sounds like a lady.

I find it flat out embarrassing the only Alice Cooper forum on the internet is in denial about Vincent playing a lady.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:27 pm

This just gets better and better :rotfl:

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Si wrote:This just gets better and better :rotfl:
I know. God gave Rocknroll to us.....

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Rocknroll wrote:Alice Cooper is a character. A lady. That's why Alice has long hair, make up and sounds like a lady.

I find it flat out embarrassing the only Alice Cooper forum on the internet is in denial about Vincent playing a lady.
Who's Vincent?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Rocknroll wrote:Alice Cooper is a character. A lady. That's why Alice has long hair, make up and sounds like a lady.

I've dated women who chain smoked cigarettes, others who drank Jack Daniels by the gallon, and some who did both, and still not one of them had a voice that sounded like Alice.

Do the ladies you hang out with have such deep voices?

Rocknroll
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocknroll » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 pm

mr.barlow wrote:

Who's Vincent?
Hey Stoopid, who do you think you are?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Again---who's Vincent?