Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Swindon - last minute decision

Post by Si » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:37 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:From wind_up_toy:
"The atmosphere definitely died down during the covers section but that has been covered on here before"

One of the moderators here and his companion enjoyed "Cold Turkey"!
It's not to say that the covers weren't still enjoyed, they were. It's just notable that they weren't enjoyed as much (at least where I was).
Right. I thought 'Cold Turkey' sounded great, and in isolation would have been a great inclusion in the show.
The issue is, and always has been, that it's an Alice Cooper show and we want to hear Alice Cooper songs. We, as AC fans, almost by definition, think that AC has better songs then the songs he covers by other artists! It's that simple.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:54 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:From wind_up_toy:
"The atmosphere definitely died down during the covers section but that has been covered on here before"

One of the moderators here and his companion enjoyed "Cold Turkey"!
It's not to say that the covers weren't still enjoyed, they were. It's just notable that they weren't enjoyed as much (at least where I was).
Right. I thought 'Cold Turkey' sounded great, and in isolation would have been a great inclusion in the show.
The issue is, and always has been, that it's an Alice Cooper show and we want to hear Alice Cooper songs. We, as AC fans, almost by definition, think that AC has better songs then the songs he covers by other artists! It's that simple.
Except for Sun Arise and Hello Hurray.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:23 am

pitkin88 wrote: Except for Sun Arise and Hello Hurray.
Yes, but I'm talking generally. Those two songs are exceptions in that they are now more Alice Cooper songs then covers in a way. They were reworked significantly from the originals.

Also as I said one cover on it's own in the set can be cool. Doing Fire or My Generation during the encore was always fun. The difference this time being the theme of the show is based around the covers, which take up space that could be used for original songs.

Also the whole idea came partially from the success of the 100 Club/Whiskey shows which featured an out of character Alice just playing what he wanted in a relaxed fun atmosphere. That was awesome, but extending it to proper Alice Cooper show simple doesn`t work as well.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:40 am

... especially when he puts those shades on. It's just a massive no no for me, sorry.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 am

Four days on from the Glasgow journey and I can report that I'm still delighted that I made the effort. Great crowd, great support and great show overall! I'm not a covers fan either but thought they worked ok this time round.

What I really liked was the chat with the fans before and after the show. Everybody seemed to be a long time fan and they all had a story to tell about how it all started for them. With absolutely no exceptions they all wanted a couple of more obscure tracks included in the future. Interesting choices as well ...Shoe Salesman, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Sideshow, Novocaine, Man of the Year, Runaway Train and a few more. Put all of them in a set and you would have a completely different show!

Anyway, glad I made the trip and that I have fully reconnected to Alice again. Beasto Blanco in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 am

there was some pretty unexpected Coop tracks used on the prelim tape at the show, whilst the stage was getting readied.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:07 pm

killer wolf wrote:there was some pretty unexpected Coop tracks used on the prelim tape at the show, whilst the stage was getting readied.
tell us more

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:44 am

From The Inside, It's Me and (if i recall correctly) Sunset Babies.

seemed a little outside the usual to me.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:56 pm

del wrote:Four days on from the Glasgow journey and I can report that I'm still delighted that I made the effort. Great crowd, great support and great show overall! I'm not a covers fan either but thought they worked ok this time round.

What I really liked was the chat with the fans before and after the show. Everybody seemed to be a long time fan and they all had a story to tell about how it all started for them. With absolutely no exceptions they all wanted a couple of more obscure tracks included in the future. Interesting choices as well ...Shoe Salesman, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Sideshow, Novocaine, Man of the Year, Runaway Train and a few more. Put all of them in a set and you would have a completely different show!

Anyway, glad I made the trip and that I have fully reconnected to Alice again. Beasto Blanco in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Amazing not running into the casual fans that flock to these shows.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:38 pm

killer wolf wrote:From The Inside, It's Me and (if i recall correctly) Sunset Babies.

Some Folks, What Baby Wants, I Am Made Of You, Man with Golden Gun, From The Inside, Generation Landslide and It's Me were the one's I could recall.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:42 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
killer wolf wrote:From The Inside, It's Me and (if i recall correctly) Sunset Babies.

Some Folks, What Baby Wants, I Am Made Of You, Man with Golden Gun, From The Inside, Generation Landslide and It's Me were the one's I could recall.

The casual fans will never return. I wonder if they even knew those songs were Alice.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:34 pm

From pitkin88:
"Amazing not running into the casual fans that flock to these shows."

What would have been "Amazing" would be if del had spoken to every one of the three thousand or so people that were at that show.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Maybe Alice could commission Andy to do a casual fans poll. They are very easy to spot just stand by the bogs when Yeah Yeah Yeah gets played.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:21 pm

From pitkin88:
"Maybe Alice could commission Andy to do a casual fans poll. They are very easy to spot just stand by the bogs when Yeah Yeah Yeah gets played."

"Maybe" you can actually go to a show one of these days and see for yourself what goes on instead of basing your opinions on no actual experience.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Maybe Alice could commission Andy to do a casual fans poll. They are very easy to spot just stand by the bogs when Yeah Yeah Yeah gets played."

"Maybe" you can actually go to a show one of these days and see for yourself what goes on instead of basing your opinions on no actual experience.

Send me a one of your freebies and I'll go to Viejas to watch the support act.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:45 pm

From pitkin88:
Send me a one of your freebies and I'll go to Viejas to watch the support act."

Unfortunately for you, I don't think you'd be welcomed, given comments made about you (and a couple of other gentlemen) during the tour.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:32 am

Wow they talk about me on the tour. I must be very powerful and have a lot of sway. What If I go in disguise as a casual fan? It could be our little secret.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:26 pm

From pitkin88:
"I must be very powerful"

No, you just appear to be nasty and cynical.

> What If I go in disguise as a casual fan? It could be our little secret.

Your cynicism would give you away though.

No, just nasty and cynical.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:08 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"I must be very powerful"

No, you just appear to be nasty and cynical.

> What If I go in disguise as a casual fan? It could be our little secret.

Your cynicism would give you away though.

No, just nasty and cynical.

I think Alice has been desribed as nasty in the past so I'm in good company. Thinking of having my BDB's book signed when he plays support at Viejas if I can get past the special forces guards. Should it read best wished casual fan or adoring Pitkin?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Scratch that I'm going for Hard Hearted Pitkin.