Live stream for the show tonight

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Live stream for the show tonight

Post by Si » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:02 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:By the way, the fireworks on the Dime version go on like that for at least 10 minutes
Yes, the fireworks started with Bohemian Rhapsody and include what I think is the 'Rock In Rio' theme song. I think they just happened to be before the HV and not specifically part of the HV show. Sure looked good though!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 am

pitkin88 wrote: You and him are taking it too literal. The bog thing was something Amuk alluded to years ago. My point is if the show is good the fans will like anyway. They wont leave if they dont know the odd song or two. The reaction to all the songs here was great. If Alice has the spectacle he doesn't need to keep playing the same stale old stuff. He can certainly throw away the crutch, live a lttle more dangerously and mix it up a bit more.
Again I agree with you, and I knew what you were refering to, but this show and the position in the set of the new song doesn`t support the argument either way.

But as Andy says how many are we talking? I completely agree that adding a couple of rarer songs will make no difference, and he has done that in the past, but too many could have a snowball effect on the following tour, just as NOT changing the show has the same effect (for example fans not bothering to see RTD for the third year running). He has to get a happy medium. Sometimes I think he succeeds and sometimes maybe he doesn't.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Fireworks were used between every show. Nice touch, really.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:48 pm

From pitkin88:
"They wont leave if they dont know the odd song or two."

That is strange because previously, your complaint seemed to be that not enough songs were played from the last album (and what's even more strange is that it's an album you don't like) and that too many of the songs were too mainstream but having been asked two or three times how many is "some", now you're saying that "some" means "the odd song or two", in which case, if you look at the set - lists since 2000, there is usually "the odd song or two" thrown in which were considered to be unexpected such as "You Drive Me Nervous", "Caught In A Dream", "It's Hot Tonight", "Nurse Rozetta", "From The Inside", "Trash", "Hello Hooray", "Long Way To Go", "Public Animal No. 9", "Who Do You Think We Are?", "Gutter Cat", "The Awakening", "Steven", "Wish I Were Born In Beverly Hills", "I Never Cry", "Raped And Freezin"', "Muscle Of Love", "Devil's Food", "Killer", "Hey Stoopid" (after twenty years) stuff from "Brutal Planet" (after about ten years), "Clones (We're All)", "Halo Of Flies", "House Of Fire" and that's before you include any new songs from which ever new album had just been released.

>If Alice has the spectacle he doesn't need to keep playing the same stale old stuff.

Which tour are you basing that on? We have discussed this before - there are plenty of songs I would like to see brought in and others I want to see rested but the show isn't designed around my or your needs.

>He can certainly throw away the crutch,

That seems to be quite a minor complaint. He may as well stop wearing the make - up or using the snake. No, wait - he's done that before and so he may well do so again.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Thanks, downloaded it to my PS3 hard drive via ps3youtube.com.
Neil Harrison.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: You and him are taking it too literal. The bog thing was something Amuk alluded to years ago. My point is if the show is good the fans will like anyway. They wont leave if they dont know the odd song or two. The reaction to all the songs here was great. If Alice has the spectacle he doesn't need to keep playing the same stale old stuff. He can certainly throw away the crutch, live a lttle more dangerously and mix it up a bit more.
Again I agree with you, and I knew what you were refering to, but this show and the position in the set of the new song doesn`t support the argument either way.

But as Andy says how many are we talking? I completely agree that adding a couple of rarer songs will make no difference, and he has done that in the past, but too many could have a snowball effect on the following tour, just as NOT changing the show has the same effect (for example fans not bothering to see RTD for the third year running). He has to get a happy medium. Sometimes I think he succeeds and sometimes maybe he doesn't.

How about we get rid of the stale 6 that seem to have been around forever?

1) Feed My Frankenstein
2) Welcome To My Nightmare
3) I’m 18
4) Cold Ethyl
5) Only Women Bleed
6) Billion Dollar Babies

I doubt any casual fan would die and the machine would come to an end if these were left out for a bit.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:45 pm

pitkin88 wrote: How about we get rid of the stale 6 that seem to have been around forever?

1) Feed My Frankenstein
3) I’m 18
4) Cold Ethyl
5) Only Women Bleed
6) Billion Dollar Babies

I doubt any casual fan would die and the machine would come to an end if these were left out for a bit.
Cold Ethyl isn`t in the current show and hasn`t been since 2012.
Eighteen will NEVER be dropped.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: How about we get rid of the stale 6 that seem to have been around forever?

1) Feed My Frankenstein
3) I’m 18
4) Cold Ethyl
5) Only Women Bleed
6) Billion Dollar Babies

I did this relatively quickly. No time to scour the set lists in depth. Could we live, could he live without some of these creaking relics Si? Anything you would add to the list?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:01 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Cold Ethyl isn`t in the current show and hasn`t been since 2012.
I did this relatively quickly. No time to scour the set lists in depth. Could we live, could he live without some of these creaking relics Si? Anything you would add to the list?[/quote]

Oh I don`t disagree with you in principle at all.

If it was my choice I wouldn`t miss FMF, LIA, BML/Body, 18, B$B, Poison and more.

If it was my choice the setlist for the last album off the top of my head it would have been 6 or 7 songs from W2MN, My Stars (as the mid show break/band showcase), Steven, Black Juju, Something from Dada (maybe Enough's Enough asI think that could work live), Poison/SO/Elected for encores and a smattering of other classics to break up the new stuff. Have a screen showing footage to match the songs, and maybe switch it to a magic screen at the end of the show. No Guillotine!

But it isn`t and shouldn`t be my choice, as that wouldn`t please the vast majority of people one bit!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:

1) Feed My Frankenstein
3) I’m 18
4) Cold Ethyl
5) Only Women Bleed
6) Billion Dollar Babies

I did this relatively quickly. No time to scour the set lists in depth. Could we live, could he live without some of these creaking relics Si? Anything you would add to the list?
Not entirely sure I can count the number of casual fans that have said their fave song is FMF. It always gets a giant response at shows I'm at. Welcome to My Nightmare as well.

To be 100% honest, School's Out and Feed My Frankenstein were the only two Coop songs I knew before I went to my first show. Because of that, I was very excited to hear them that night.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:49 am

>>>Eighteen will NEVER be dropped.

While I completely agree, one can never be 100% sure where Alice is concerned. Several years ago we had a thread that made mention to what would NEVER happen at an Alice concert. One of the popular mentions was Alice would never start a show w/ SO. We know what happened on that front.