Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:13 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Yeah I had an experience with Crayne on Facebook recently. I asked an innocent question regarding the legalities of his 'Steven Crayne Archive' and he went bat shit crazy and banned me. Still not quite sure why he got so touchy.

RemarkablyInsincere..... I think the best thing to do is simply ignore these people. They're only here to annoy us. I think they get some kind of kick out of it. Kinda sweet really.
Yea, I've heard of others being banned for similar. He was quite abusive in my case so I think people deserve to know what type of person he is.

But, you're probably right that it serves little purpose in the long run to give these people much attention.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:11 pm

The vinyl is a 2 lp and has the same tracks as the normal cd.
Already ordered one.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:16 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Yea, I've heard of others being banned for similar. He was quite abusive in my case so I think people deserve to know what type of person he is.

But, you're probably right that it serves little purpose in the long run to give these people much attention.
He called me a few names. Shame really cos I got on quite well with him when we had a beer at the 100 club show. I guess he has been tainted by the GNDM's of this world.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:41 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Crayne deserves everything he gets. He runs his Facebook page like a fascist banning people off it with no warning for daring to have an opinion that isn't exactly the same as his. Right out of the Shiny Dime playbook. It's funny, all of these same people are the first to cry out when something "isn't fair!" yet they can't conduct themselves in a proper manner.
Yeah I had an experience with Crayne on Facebook recently. I asked an innocent question regarding the legalities of his 'Steven Crayne Archive' and he went bat shit crazy and banned me. Still not quite sure why he got so touchy.

RemarkablyInsincere..... I think the best thing to do is simply ignore these people. They're only here to annoy us. I think they get some kind of kick out of it. Kinda sweet really.

One of the reasons I hardly post on here anymore, too many negative/bitter people with a sense of entitlement who feel like Alice should do exactly what they want and ridicule/insult you if your opinion is different to theirs. It's refreshing to see there are still a few out there like you guys who seem to be fans of the music and can still have a respectful and positive discussion. As always I'll keep my opinion of the Album to after I've actually heard it but loving what I've heard so far.
Boomshanka

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Facebook pages are not the subject of this thread. Please stick to the topic.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:40 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Crayne deserves everything he gets. He runs his Facebook page like a fascist banning people off it with no warning for daring to have an opinion that isn't exactly the same as his. Right out of the Shiny Dime playbook. It's funny, all of these same people are the first to cry out when something "isn't fair!" yet they can't conduct themselves in a proper manner.

These people. Too funny.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:52 pm

James1981 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:

One of the reasons I hardly post on here anymore, too many negative/bitter people with a sense of entitlement who feel like Alice should do exactly what they want and ridicule/insult you if your opinion is different to theirs. It's refreshing to see there are still a few out there like you guys who seem to be fans of the music and can still have a respectful and positive discussion. As always I'll keep my opinion of the Album to after I've actually heard it but loving what I've heard so far.

I don't think anyone here has been disrespectful apart from RS. If favourable opinions are all you are looking for where on earth would you find that? The opinions made here have been based on the people hearing the songs. I dont think the reaction has been particularly negative. Most seem to like I Got A Line and Dead Drunk. School's Out is probably the least favourite out of the three due mainly to the shrill geordie vocalist.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:54 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"No mystery there he is tired of Alice's bullshit and wont play ball."

Do give us your evidence for this.

Reading between lines as requested.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Also commenting on people who are unable to respond here is also a little unfair.
PLEASE stick to topic.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm

From pitkin88:
"Reading between lines as requested."

Which "lines"?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:19 pm

"Reading between lines as requested."

Which "lines"?

Well if you have to ask.....he was Lost In America.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm

I listened to the 3 tracks available on Spotify and enjoyed all three.

Dead Drunk Friends is a GREAT song and one that grows on you. It could end up being an AC classic song.

I Got A Line on you is also great. The cover from the 1980's sounded like a cookie-cutter remake that was put together by a producer and Alice simply showed up and sang on the track. This one has energy, passion and a great feel to it.

Schools Out--well....it sounded like they were having a good time making it but overall it's really pointless. I like Brian Johnson and AC/DC (although I prefer Bon Scott) but it all falls flat--at least to me. In all honesty I think they could have worked "Daydream Believer" into "School's Out". I'd have liked that much better.

At any rate--I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:27 pm

In this article Marilyn Manson is mentioned as one of the names being on the album. Mistake? Or bonus track maybe? I hope so I've always wanted to hear Alice and Manson record a song together.

http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/aut ... rfive.html
Boomshanka

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:50 pm

From pitkin88:
"Well if you have to ask.....he was Lost In America."

A poor deflection.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:15 pm

"Well if you have to ask.....he was Lost In America."

A poor deflection.
poor response.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Besides the PledgeMusicCare page where you can preorder the cd and vinyl, will the vinyl be available through Amazon etc?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:56 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Besides the PledgeMusicCare page where you can preorder the cd and vinyl, will the vinyl be available through Amazon etc?
I bought my vinyl at www.jpc.de

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:04 am

So the Japanese version has one bonustrack. The vinyl has no bonustrack.
Will there be a super-de-luxe editon?? My guess is not but I hope they prove me wrong. I expected more from the pledgemusic project. Some behind the scenes is that all??

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:22 am

Was just listening to "I Got A Line On You" and noticed the opening sounds similar to Cheap Trick's "Surrender."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:36 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Besides the PledgeMusicCare page where you can preorder the cd and vinyl, will the vinyl be available through Amazon etc?
I pre-ordered the Vinyl on Amazon UK last night.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order