Alice Alcohol v Cocaine

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Alcohol v Cocaine

Post by recoop » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 pm

The only debate from people I knew was whether Alice was using Coke or Speed around Special Forces time- very speeded up and grandiose at times but either could bring about that- both might speed up, perhaps Coke might be better for the grandiose statement- so Coke it was and as you say Mr Barlow many fans had guessed right
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:26 pm

From mr.barlow:
"The Nightmare Returns tour was a pivitol event in the career of Alice and they treated it as such. ."

I would add "Constrictor" to that as well given it was his first album after his most recent rehabilitation. In fact, this is partly why Kane Roberts was recommended as a collaborator given that he was a fitness fanatic and was considered someone who would be a good influence.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From mr.barlow:
"The Nightmare Returns tour was a pivitol event in the career of Alice and they treated it as such. ."

I would add "Constrictor" to that as well given it was his first album after his most recent rehabilitation. In fact, this is partly why Kane Roberts was recommended as a collaborator given that he was a fitness fanatic and was considered someone who would be a good influence.

Cough ahem steroids.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm

From pitkin88:
"Cough ahem steroids."

Good try but not relevant in this context.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Can be every bit as dangerous with mood swings and rage. Knowing Alice's addictive personality he could have easilly bulked up to 220 and have been very threatening live.

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:15 pm

I clearly remember one thing that a record dealer told me, back in the nineties.

That guy was in the crowd at the gig of February the 9th, 1982, in Metz - Special Forces Tour.

Apparently, the concert began with a one hour delay or so, because..... Alice didn't want to go on stage before he could be given some cocaine !! They had to find and rush some cocaine to him, and this cocaine dose was supposedly brought to him by plane ! (!!!!) I don't know how the last statement here could have been true, but that's what this record delaer told me. He also said laughingly that Alice taking cocaine was not a secret back then.

As I said, I knew that for about twenty years now, but as it seemed it wasn't well received to talk about the subject here, you'll understand why I kept it to myself. :x
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 pm

From pitkin88:
"Can be every bit as dangerous with mood swings and rage. Knowing Alice's addictive personality he could have easilly bulked up to 220 and have been very threatening live."

Nice attempt at humour.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Steven Lee Cooper wrote:I clearly remember one thing that a record dealer told me, back in the nineties.

That guy was in the crowd at the gig of February the 9th, 1982, in Metz - Special Forces Tour.

Apparently, the concert began with a one hour delay or so, because..... Alice didn't want to go on stage before he could be given some cocaine !! They had to find and rush some cocaine to him, and this cocaine dose was supposedly brought to him by plane ! (!!!!) I don't know how the last statement here could have been true, but that's what this record delaer told me. He also said laughingly that Alice taking cocaine was not a secret back then.

As I said, I knew that for about twenty years now, but as it seemed it wasn't well received to talk about the subject here, you'll understand why I kept it to myself. :x

Probably Captain's Tyler and Perry flying the plane.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Can be every bit as dangerous with mood swings and rage. Knowing Alice's addictive personality he could have easilly bulked up to 220 and have been very threatening live."

Nice attempt at humour.

Too nice's from Amuk :clap: Must be a blue moon.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

A 220lb Alice would be a stretch in Spandex - might bring the crowds in though
You are an individual, just like everybody else.