unsung heroes

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

unsung heroes

Post by steven_crayn » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 am

Stanley "The Baron" Behrens not credited on the Muscle of Love album but played the memorable harmonica on Working Up A Sweat

http://worldofharmonica.blogspot.co.uk/ ... s.html?m=1
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Re: unsung heroes

Post by tuneylune » Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 am

Interesting...and here I always thought it was Coop puffing away...
"I need everything the world owes me..."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat May 10, 2014 11:47 pm

me too! how about rick derringer on "under my wheels"?

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun May 11, 2014 2:05 am

Cool find, Steve. I, too, always thought it was Alice. Wonder if it was Alice on Generation Landslide or an uncredited player.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 am

>Stanley "The Baron" Behrens not credited on the Muscle of Love album but played the memorable harmonica on Working Up A Sweat

It doesn't say how they know that. What is their source? It says they have "little or no information" on this.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 am

Stanley himself has a post about it on his FB page. he said the first 12 bars was him,and that he was just reminded that he played on it. he posted a video featuring the song as well. straight from the harmonica players lips!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 11, 2014 2:54 pm

>Stanley himself has a post about it on his FB page.

Thanks. Interestingly, there's a drummer (who is quite well - known) who claimed that he had played on this album as well.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I suppose not surprisingly the facebook youtube link is a gonner...surprised if it wasnt Alice playing harmonica...what next.. will Des O Connor claim he is the singer on Schools Out and not Alice? lol
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sun May 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Well, I heard that Mrs Mills tickled the ivories on 'Crazy Little Child', Reginald Dixon phoned in his 'Hard Hearted Alice' organ direct from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom PLUS Sherlock Holmes himself dug out that old Stradivarius for 'Big Apple Dreamin'. And you thought it was only 'Teenage Lament' that got 'busy'!

Tongue out of cheek for a moment - it actually states on the Sick Things album discography for 'MOL', that Stanley Behrens played harmonica on 'WUAS'!!

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 pm

concolz wrote:Well, I heard that Mrs Mills tickled the ivories on 'Crazy Little Child', Reginald Dixon phoned in his 'Hard Hearted Alice' organ direct from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom PLUS Sherlock Holmes himself dug out that old Stradivarius for 'Big Apple Dreamin'. And you thought it was only 'Teenage Lament' that got 'busy'!

Tongue out of cheek for a moment - it actually states on the Sick Things album discography for 'MOL', that Stanley Behrens played harmonica on 'WUAS'!!
''Hard Hearted Alice'', one of my favorite song.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 pm

concolz wrote:Well, I heard that Mrs Mills tickled the ivories on 'Crazy Little Child', Reginald Dixon phoned in his 'Hard Hearted Alice' organ direct from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom PLUS Sherlock Holmes himself dug out that old Stradivarius for 'Big Apple Dreamin'. And you thought it was only 'Teenage Lament' that got 'busy'!

I added that AFTER Steven posted this topic ;)

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon May 12, 2014 7:25 am

Andy,to divulge the alleged famous drummer,would that be something I'd need to PM you about,or would you state that here? or neither? I know you don't do rumors so I respect however you fall on this.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 am

>Andy,to divulge the alleged famous drummer,would that be something I'd need to PM you about,or would you state that here? or neither? I know you don't do rumors so I respect however you fall on this.

I left out his name because I genuinely forgot it. I think someone had claimed that he had interviewed Jack Richardson and that Richardson told him another drummer was used. I don't think I believe it.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am

From IMDb:

Woody Allen's Sleeper - Woody Allen and rock star Alice Cooper, mutual fans, happened to meet while staying in the same hotel while Allen was filming and Cooper was on tour. Allen immediately offered a cameo to Cooper, who plays an uncredited hitchhiker.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Mon May 12, 2014 11:09 pm

I talked with Jack Richardson last summer, and while he didn't give a break down of every track, he did talk about working with Neal, Dennis, Mike, and Alice (of course)during the making of the lp as well as the difficulties with Glen at the time.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 13, 2014 9:13 am

>I talked with Jack Richardson last summer,

He died in 2011 so that must have been an interesting conversation.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 pm

scotty wrote:Andy,to divulge the alleged famous drummer,would that be something I'd need to PM you about,or would you state that here? or neither? I know you don't do rumors so I respect however you fall on this.

The drummers name is Alan Schwatrzberg if I remember correctly. He claimed Neal wasn't cutting it and that his tracks were wiped and replaced and that Neal had no idea. I did start a thread on this and pmd Neal who responded. I don't have time to re look for the thread but it was definitely discussed here.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok I found Neal's response:

Hey Andy,

My only comment is that there are still people that think the world is flat and that the moon is made out of cheese. Alice once said that he was Eddie Haskell, and people believed him, come on give me a **** break!! It was not true, but people believed him anyway. This studio musician guy who I’ve never heard of before by the way, did play on some of Alice’s solo recordings and can say anything he wants. Just like Alice having fun with the Eddie Haskell thing. But at the end of the day it’s the legendary band Alice Cooper members; Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce, Alice Cooper, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith who’s walls are covered with Gold and Platinum albums and are nominees to the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame class of 2011, not the studio musicians that may or may not have played on our records.

Cheers and be sure to VOTE!!!!!

Neal Smith

The Platinum God

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 pm

">I talked with Jack Richardson last summer,

Sorry, I meant Jack Douglas

"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:">I talked with Jack Richardson last summer,

Sorry, I meant Jack Douglas

"
Do tell. Could you please say when & where and also enlighten us about said recording?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...