Your favorite HIGHLIGHT of Alice's career...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Your favorite HIGHLIGHT of Alice's career...

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

here is the full list of lyric changes on that Top Of The Pops performance compared to the record

First verse
"yeah we can't salute you" instead of "well we can't salute you"

"yeah yeah" after first chorus

2nd verse
"we ain't got no innocence" instead of "and we got no innocence"

last 2 lines "School's Out completely, my School's been blown to pieces" instead of "School's Out with fever, School's Out completely"

even on the lines he sings the same the phrasing is sometimes different some great improvisation going on

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jphs_I98c ... 3Dyoutu.be
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:31 pm

following on from that School's Out performance it would have to be when the song reached #1.

Back in those days the singles chart was compiled on a Monday taking into account sales up to the previous Saturday and announced on the Johnnie Walker show on Tuesday afternoon.

So although officially School's Out was #1 on Saturday August 12th the public didn't know about it until Tuesday August 15th.

The pre digital age was so much more exciting and the biggest selling single in Warner Bros history
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Crazy Little Child
Killer
Killer

Post by Crazy Little Child » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm

steven_crayn wrote: The pre digital age was so much more exciting and the biggest selling single in Warner Bros history
Although i will say there is something interesting in the return of "the hit single" with iTunes/youtube etc. My kids don't rarely listen to whole albums, which is an interesting parallel of their grandparents' youth.

"The Most Downloaded Song" or "Most Viewed" is the new "#1 Single", but is likely much more accurately counted.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Crazy Little Child wrote - My kids don't rarely listen to whole albums, which is an interesting parallel of their grandparents' youth.

Possibly because we had a 12x12 piece of art work to view sometimes more, with gatefolds and inner sleeves with liner notes etc to also take in and study over and over by the time by the time this was done the album was almost over. happy Day's.