A Connection...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: A Connection...

Post by darkmenace » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:53 am

This topic has moved in many different directions but I just want to mention as relates to the first post that my son (he's 24) listened to Dada with me on a long cross country ride and then later listened to When Hell Comes Home and said that Alice has done several songs about an abusive father. He was thinking Only Women Bleed, Enough's Enough, When Hell Comes Home. (Only Women Bleed isn't about an abusive father but still an abusive husband or boyfriend)

I'm not jumping to conclusions but to a outsider observer that's what he came away with and I told him I couldn't confirm nor deny the nature of Alice's relationship with his father.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 am

>I couldn't confirm nor deny the nature of Alice's relationship with his father.

It reall is a non - issue and besides, Alice has written songs about necrophilia as well but that doesn't mean he's a necrophiliac though.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:09 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I couldn't confirm nor deny the nature of Alice's relationship with his father.

It reall is a non - issue and besides, Alice has written songs about necrophilia as well but that doesn't mean he's a necrophiliac though.
I agree with UK, I think people perceive Coop as this person who was totally abused and crazed from his family life. From what I have seen in documentaries, his personality and lyrics really came from his imagination and not a reflection of a crazy family life.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......