Big Apple Dreamin'

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Big Apple Dreamin'

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 am

Oh, I forgot to add my original intention of responding to this great song. Neal's excellent intro sets up a great riff with good lyrics and typical fab vocals. I love the MOL album.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 am

Muscle Of Love was my 1st AC Group Lp, I already had the Teenage Lament '74 single (W/HHA as the B-Side), played it every chance I got. Unfortunately scratched Big Apple Dreaming badly-so much that I traded it to the Record Co-Op for 50 cents(the cover was still in decent shape). Replaced it later with an Lp in much better condition for $5. I still have the unused book cover too!
I Love Big Apple Dreaming - My 1st intro into my 1st ACG Lp! Oh yeah, I WAS a teenager when TL '74 was released. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Fri May 24, 2013 5:53 pm

I love Muscle of Love, wrote a short review on Amazon some time back, much underrated IMO.

I remember when I had saved my paper-round money back then to buy this and asked my mother (I have told this storey before) to get it for me, when I was reprimanded and told by her that it was Music of Love and not Muscle of Love. On return my mother said she has never been so embarrassed when being corrected by the girl in the shop. At the time I didn’t understand or pay attention to her concerns and embarrassment, all I knew was the album rocked. :rock:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 pm

My Grandmother purchased mine for a birthday present. She had some reservations. However, I assured her it was Ok. :grin:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat May 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Gunner wrote:I doubt it is one of the ones off MOL that Cooper doesn't like...but it may be. I LOVE the first three cuts on MOL...
I also love the 1st 3 MOL songs; my 3 favourite MOL songs are BAD, HHA and MWTGG.

VinceRaven wrote: I'm sure he (Alice) likes Man With The Golden Gun

I believe Alice said on the Old School DVD that MWTGG is his favourite MOL song.

Ted

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat May 25, 2013 3:07 pm

I never understood that they didn't released NEVER BEEN SOLD BEFORE as the first single. I love it. :rock: :rock:

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat May 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I thought it was a single? I remember listening to Radio Luxembourg on my tranny - it was a 'power play' which meant they played it every hour. I stayed up for ages every night just to hear it!
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun May 26, 2013 1:14 am

It was never official a single. Never saw a promo or normal single for it.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun May 26, 2013 7:58 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:My Grandmother purchased mine for a birthday present. She had some reservations. However, I assured her it was Ok. :grin:
DAC, sounds like your Grandmother was as cool as mine. She (as well as her second husband who we called Gramps as he was a real grandfather to us :HEART: ) sent me MOL and LOVE IT TO DEATH to me for Easter 1976 as I could not find them anywhere. Can Only imagine what they were thinking when they saw LITD!
Parents were moving forward with the divorce (Mom and younger brother had moved out by then) and those two albums definitely helped with the pain/anger etc :rock:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue May 28, 2013 7:41 pm

cherrypie wrote:I thought it was a single? I remember listening to Radio Luxembourg on my tranny - it was a 'power play' which meant they played it every hour. I stayed up for ages every night just to hear it!
sweet memories : I heard MOL also when it was just released, on Radio Luxembourg at the time on a tiny little radio you had to hold in a right position to capture the sound.. Way back, as Alice would say..
Thought Teenage Lament 74 was the only single that really got attention ?
you really wouldn't understand..

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:45 am

cherrypie wrote:I thought it was a single? I remember listening to Radio Luxembourg on my tranny - it was a 'power play' which meant they played it every hour. I stayed up for ages every night just to hear it!
They also played tracks from the album during that interview with Luxembourg station boss Ken Evans when it came out Big Apple Dreaming I think from memory started the interview.

Love the song love the album ok so it ain't as good as the four that preceded it but apart from those and Welcome To My Nighmare I'd put it alongside From The Inside as the 6th joint best album, which shows what a high standard the band set for it not to get talked about that much other than it wasn't a great success.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:52 am

patrick wrote:
sweet memories : I heard MOL also when it was just released, on Radio Luxembourg at the time on a tiny little radio you had to hold in a right position to capture the sound.. Way back, as Alice would say..
Thought Teenage Lament 74 was the only single that really got attention ?
Teenage Lament was a great single reached #12 in UK.
Can remember ordering the Muscle Of Love single on Import
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:43 pm

It's a great track. This album is so underrated. There are so many great tracks that never get played live. I'd love to see Big Apple Dreaming, Never Been Sold Before or Hard-hearted Alice in concert.
I actually prefer this album to School's Out and BDB.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor