Ever get insulted for liking Alice?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Ever get insulted for liking Alice?

Post by Desperado22 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 am

This might just be me, but I get this quite a lot. I tend to wear a lot of band t-shirts and for some reason it seems to annoy a lot of people.
It doesn't really bother me anymore, as I'm used to it, but I find it really weird.
People shout out "Freak" and "" at me from their cars. Sometimes people actually shout at me that I should listen to normal music or that I should die etc.

My gf of 3 years broke up with me last year because I didn't listen to chart music lol.

Half of the people that shout these things at me are just Chavs. But I've had people in their 40s telling me to grow up. I wear Jeans and normally a band t-shirt so it's not like I'm covered in white face paint like Cradle Of Filth.

I mainly get it shouted from a distance since I started working out lol.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me anymore, I'm just curious if anyone else gets this. Is it normal for people to get so angry over music preference?
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Ever get insulted for liking Alice?

Post by Diane D. » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:55 am

No... as long as you don't end up like those guys...

http://youtu.be/KW3Ci2eiVmE
[

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:13 am

If I wear an Alice shirt, I do see people staring at it weirdly. :p
"I'm just another case…”

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Desperado22 wrote:This might just be me, but I get this quite a lot. I tend to wear a lot of band t-shirts and for some reason it seems to annoy a lot of people.
It doesn't really bother me anymore, as I'm used to it, but I find it really weird.
People shout out "Freak" and "" at me from their cars. Sometimes people actually shout at me that I should listen to normal music or that I should die etc.

My gf of 3 years broke up with me last year because I didn't listen to chart music lol.

Half of the people that shout these things at me are just Chavs. But I've had people in their 40s telling me to grow up. I wear Jeans and normally a band t-shirt so it's not like I'm covered in white face paint like Cradle Of Filth.

I mainly get it shouted from a distance since I started working out lol.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me anymore, I'm just curious if anyone else gets this. Is it normal for people to get so angry over music preference?
My advice is to move. Sounds like you live in a retarded place.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Nope...never had any stick and have lived in various parts of UK in last 40 years or so of Alice listening..however have never worn a rock t shirt of anyone...told plenty of people I like AC songs/music/shows..sometimes people have shown surprise but never an adverse reaction..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 pm

I get a lot of positive reaction - I have a T shirt I wear a lot with a pic of me and Alice on it, and loads of 'normal' people comment on how great it is. Somebody wanted a photo of it once :bam:. I went to see a consultant in hospital last week, and he was much more interested in talking about Alice than looking at my problems (what a surprise, lol)

I wear my Schools Out T shirt a lot too, and that seems popular as well.
Better move to Gloucestershire, Desperado22 :alice:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Your ex sounds like an utter waste of space!

Oh and have never been mocked for wearing Alice shirts in England. Not sure if I've been to Dragontown though, where is this place?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 pm

That's pretty disgraceful. Not sure whether any of you are aware of Sophie Lancaster who was sadly killed because of the way she dressed by a group of chavs. Scum. I have pretty strong views on chavs, but I won't share them on here :evil:

I've not been mocked for liking Alice, but I have however, been mocked for playing instruments. Which I find strange?
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Had my chops busted a lot, but nothing too serious. More on KISS, especially as they became more of a "kiddie" band. My brother got me a pretty cool LOVE GUN era T-Shirt and after one day, wore mainly to bed.
Shame about your girlfriend-my wife thinks I like Coop and company too much, but she likes a lot of the songs and has gone to shows with me. Which meant I might bite my tongue when she was on U2, Seether and Collective Soul rants! :(
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Hank
Trash
Trash

Post by Hank » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I once had a bipolar ex-girlfriend who, for some reason, hated Alice. After I broke up with her (via a restraining order--she was literally a certified nutcase) I discovered that much of my records, etc. were missing.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Desperado22 wrote: People shout out "Freak" and "" at me from their cars.
Are you sure it's because of the shirts?

:lol:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Diane D. wrote:No... as long as you don't end up like those guys...

http://youtu.be/KW3Ci2eiVmE
Would rather end up like these than same dribbling old fool who hates real music.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:33 pm

...I dont know if this "Counts" as an insult, but.....here goes:-
I was off work a lot in the late 80's due to illness, and the Company Union steward came around to my house to see how I was coping/feeling ( which was not too good, at the time..). He came to my room for a "Talk", and was almost immediately Horrified to see a huge "Constrictor" poster on my wall. ( amongst other rock-related things). He told me ( Seriously) that my "Health Problems" could actually be being caused by having such "Satanic" ( HIS words) imagery in my home. I explained that the poster was just a souvenir from a show I had recently been to ( On the "Nightmare returns" tour, in London), and that it was completely innocent in nature, but he suddenly decided that he had to be elsewhwere, on urgent union business, and left rather hurriedly!!. Upon my eventual return to work, he tried his best to avoid me at all costs!! ( l soon ( when back at work) discovered that he had became a "Born again Christian", and thought that all such "Rock" was Sinful, etc....).I didn't really have the patience at that time to try to inform him of Alice Coopers own Christain faith..., as i was more "Bothered" trying to get him to actually sort out my own Many, Many, work-related problems with the companies management!!

PS...If anyones further interested...I had long since left that place of work,( @ 1993) and had started my own "Mobile DJ" business, and was performing at an "in-store" saturday afternoon promotional gig for a shop in a market area, when, suddenly, out of the blue, a hand tapped my shoulder...I turned around, and it was the same union bloke ...he just clasped my hand, and said " I recognise you, and I STILL pray for you"...and then walked away!!
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

TheBlackWidow
Trash
Trash

Post by TheBlackWidow » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 pm

I've never been insulted. Often people ask me, if he's still alive :laugh:
Take a look at my Alice Cooper photo gallery at http://theblackwidow.minus.com!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:26 pm

The Spider wrote:That's pretty disgraceful. Not sure whether any of you are aware of Sophie Lancaster who was sadly killed because of the way she dressed by a group of chavs. Scum. I have pretty strong views on chavs, but I won't share them on here :evil:

I've not been mocked for liking Alice, but I have however, been mocked for playing instruments. Which I find strange?
Yeah I remember reading about Sophie Lancaster. Made me sick.
I do sometimes get other Alice fans coming over and talking about his music with me which is cool. However, I seem to get more negative reactions than positive lol. Some people in my area are complete idiots I guess.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Desperado22 wrote: People shout out "Freak" and "" at me from their cars.
Are you sure it's because of the shirts?

:lol:
Lol.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 am

No, I've never been insulted for liking Alice. Always liked the T-shirts and the humoristic drawings on them, but they are always too big and heavy for me, and they make me feel so unfeminine and ugly, that I rarely buy some.
[

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm

The only comments that I have heard, was when I wore my Glen Buxton memorial T-shirt to a Status Quo concert, I could hear these two guy's talking about the shirt so I turned around and told them to google the Blonde Bomber and walked away with a grin on my face - often wondered whether they did google Glen or not...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 pm

I always get thumbs up when my wife and I bring up cooper. my family and friends know better than to ever put him down. I have converted at least two friends into hard core cooper fans that actually sometimes get the new cd's before I do (which kills me).

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 am

Desperado22 wrote:T

That must have been her lame excuse for some other (also possibly lame) reason. I can't fathom dating someone for 3 years if something as small as that was going to be the thing to end it after all that time. It's not like it was some piece of info about you that caught her off guard.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!