WTMN film release date?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Owepar
Trash
Trash

WTMN film release date?

Post by Owepar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 am

According to all sources, the concert film was released in Nov. '75, but I'm curious if anyone's got proof of that release date. I was looking at the magazine that came with the W2MN fan pack (which I'm very late in getting since the US amazon dropped it long after I preordered) and there's a reprint of the invitation to the LA premiere of the film -- on Jan. 9, 1976. Movies generally screen in LA and/or NYC before they play anywhere else, and knowing that they had still had a few shows scheduled in NV in Dec. '75, it makes that Nov. release date seem suspiciously incongruous.

And just slightly off topic, the magazine also includes a still from the TV special of Vincent Price clad in a spider costume. That's not in the special, and it looks more like a deleted scene than a posed publicity shot. Has anyone seen more stills from this segment kicking around anywhere?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: WTMN film release date?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

According to all sources, the concert film was released in Nov. '75, but I'm curious if anyone's got proof of that release date.

The only evidence I've seen was an article written by Leee Black Childers (I think) that stated it was shown in Nashville (I think) at that he went to see it. It isn't conclusive but it is possible that it was shown ahead of an official release.

>Movies generally screen in LA and/or NYC before they play anywhere else,

It wasn't really a major release though.

>and knowing that they had still had a few shows scheduled in NV in Dec. '75, it makes that Nov. release date seem suspiciously incongruous.

Possibly but not necessarily.

> Has anyone seen more stills from this segment

Yes.

> kicking around anywhere?

No.