God Bless America (Movie)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

God Bless America (Movie)

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 pm

I caught a screening of new movie God Bless America at the Edinburgh International Film Festival and thought some of the Alice content may interest the people on here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1912398/

The film isn't that great, though a bit of a crowd pleaser, is well over-the-top, and out on general release in the not too distant future.

There's an early scene that has part of School's Out playing on the soundtrack - no big deal. However, there is then a scene in which the young female lead (Tara Lynne Barr) delivers a sizeable monologue to her co-star about the relevance and extreme musical importance (to just about everyone in music) of Alice Cooper. Shortly afterwards there is a dream sequence with the Cooper version of Hello Hooray playing over it.

Last, but by no means least in terms of a surprise for Alice Cooper fans, over part of the final scene and the start of the end credits I Never Cry is played in full.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here elsewhere, but I felt compelled to quite lurking on the forum and sign up to give it a mention. I've got nothing to do with the film in any way whatsoever so it's up to yourself if you want to check it out or not.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: God Bless America (Movie)

Post by recoop » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

good spot vince...trailer content seems like a similar story to a recent Michael Caine film...questionable moral content so will probably go and see (bobcat goldthwaite as director ex police academy I seem to recall)...Edinburgh FF always throw some curios...I used to live there...great city....still visit most years for comedy festival but costs me an arm and a leg for guest houses/hotels...excellent spot...and hello hurray too..will be trying to see
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 pm

At least one cinema in Edinburgh has a special 4th July screening of this tomorrow so if anyone's hankering for a look it may be worth checking local listings.

I asked someone who was at the festival screening after which writer/director Bobcat Goldthwait did a Q&A whether anybody asked about the Alice monologue or the music, but it seems nobody did.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Just watched this and i enjoyed it. Heres the Alice bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fJ7wpP4OGA
Boomshanka

vince_raven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by vince_raven » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:02 am

The film is available on Netflix now via instant streaming for curious fans. Loved the Alice speech in this one, great to hear what has been uttered many a time amongst fans and on this very forum on the screen. I was actually surprised as I watched this movie as I am a fan of films Bobcat Goldthwait has directed but had no idea of the heavy Alice references in it. Obviously he is an Alice fan and kudos to him for putting those references in there. The movie itself is a bit over the top and is a bit too dark for some tastes, but it does have a good point to it, just delivered too extremely.

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am

Strangely enough, this movie is playing at the local Horror Fest in a few weeks...

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 am

I'm fed up with Horror movies, now I prefer feel good movies...
[

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:57 am

James1981 wrote:Just watched this and i enjoyed it. Heres the Alice bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fJ7wpP4OGA
Thanks. Looks like someone's got their facts rights for a nice change!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Just watched this film, thought it was great! Loved the use of 'I Never Cry' in the last scene,