A sLICE of COOPER

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A sLICE of COOPER
Trash
Trash

A sLICE of COOPER

Post by A sLICE of COOPER » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 am

Morning to all of you. Rather than create many posts, the main man Si has suggested that we start a single thread that we can then update on a regular basis - thus keeping the board nice and tidy :)

To say that we're busy is an understatement, gig offers coming out of our ears and we keep having visitors to the rehearsal rooms who go away with major smiles and thumbs up with our take on an Alice show. Now that's not to say we've made it into a free-form jazz/Dillinger/Britney style interpretation, that would sit on the wrong side of weird ::((: - we are absolutely true to the original recordings with those fantastic bits from his live shows also incorporated.

We're now looking for your support on this one - we intend to have this on full scale stages by Hallowe'en however we also know we need to make sure our live performances are of the highest quality so we're doing some small scale, 'iron out the wrinkles' dates that start in the next week, so if you're nearby then do please come along. Introduce yourselves - I'm Ade the guitarist with the dodgy 'tasche :bam: - and let us know truly what you thought.

So, first dates are -

East Riding of Yorkshire
7 June 2012, Hollywood and Vine, Beverley Road, Hull from 9pm

Essex
15 June 2012, Riga Music Bar, London Road, Westcliff on Sea. £6 advance http://www.rigalivemusic.co.uk/HowTo.htm

All I can reassure you with is that we are lifelong fans - I myself have seen him live over 40 times, Matt the guitarist and Spud the drummer similarly. See you all very soon....
A sLICE of COOPER: The definitive Alice Cooper Tribute Act. http://www.facebook.com/AsLiceofCooper

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Re: A sLICE of COOPER

Post by Greenie » Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 am

Interesting. Another tribute band... in England. Why not?
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed May 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Good luck guys !! :clap: :rock:

A sLICE of COOPER
Trash
Trash

Post by A sLICE of COOPER » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 am

Cheers for that!

Out of curiosity Greenie, we're aware and have seen Gallus Cooper but after many months of searching are not aware of any in England?
A sLICE of COOPER: The definitive Alice Cooper Tribute Act. http://www.facebook.com/AsLiceofCooper

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:56 am

Are Alike Cooper still active?
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 am

A sLICE of COOPER wrote:Cheers for that!

Out of curiosity Greenie, we're aware and have seen Gallus Cooper but after many months of searching are not aware of any in England?
I'm not sure I understand your question. I live in Canada. There are some Alice Cooper's tribute bands in here too. As for me, I prefer the original.
Same thing for the other bands. No offense, it's OK to be influenced by your idol, but if you have talent, and I'm sure you do, why not create your own stuff?
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

A sLICE of COOPER
Trash
Trash

Post by A sLICE of COOPER » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Greenie, we're with you in that the original is the best, however imitation, flattery and all that jazz!!

We played the warm up gig last night and here's the press release

8 June 2012
Last night A sLICE of COOPER completed their warm up show in a small local venue in Hull in readiness for the wider road ahead. Their Facebook pages have since got a bit lively to say the least! Here's a selection of comments posted in the last 12hours...

"They blew me away they were the dogs ******, I'd say go see them anywhere you can. As said by others very tight and with a whole pile of theatre thrown in": Venue Manager

"I've just watched A sLICE of COOPER tear the ******* roof off at Hollywood and Vine! Tight as **** and a BLIND guitarist who would give Randy Rhodes a run for his money! When they play again, check 'em out!": Professional musician and graduate in music production

"Excellent first gig... so well put together you would never have guessed how quickly it's come together, Really enjoyed it lads... can't wait to see it on a larger stage with the full effects. Good luck with this venture it is so good": Longest serving rock DJ of 25yrs in East Riding and across national rock venues

"Brilliant night .... well done guys! x": Mate of the band!!

“Grrrr... A Slice of Cooper!”: A passer by who stayed for the show!

Their next gig is at Riga Bar, Southend, Essex on 15 June 2012
http://www.rigalivemusic.co.uk/

A sLICE of COOPER
Trash
Trash

Post by A sLICE of COOPER » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am

Morning once again to you all!

SO after a rather grand gig at Riga, Southend we're pleased to say that things are on the up and away!

Next up we'll be bringing the larger show to The Duchess, Stonebow, York on 24 August 2012. In Yorkshire this place has a cracking reputation, having recently hosted the likes of Ginger (Wildhearts), Terrovision and for the indie guys amongst you, The Inspiral Carpets. We're hoping that the stage will accommodate the new prop and way that Alex will be killed this time...

More details and tickets will be available from here soon...
http://theduchessyork.co.uk/whats-on/detail/1032

A sLICE of COOPER
Trash
Trash

Post by A sLICE of COOPER » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 am

Morning one and all, so, we have a show, it's roadtested to fantastic reviews and we now want to get it out there... So...

Where would you like us to come to? If you can let us know of a venue near to you that's got a stage minimum 15feet wide and would get a decent turnout for a tribute act we'd be really appreciative!!

Cheers,
Ade (AsoC)

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 am

A sLICE of COOPER wrote:Cheers for that!

Alike Cooper (who last played in July) have been going for years I remember their singer appearing as Alice on Stars In Your Eyes.

I think with the tribute acts it's getting regular gigs
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:30 pm

steven_crayn wrote:[
Alike Cooper (who last played in July) have been going for years I remember their singer appearing as Alice on Stars In Your Eyes.
No that was a different guy.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:36 pm

your right he was in a tribute band too trying to remember the name of it?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I saw this band last night at The Diamond in Sutton-in-Ashfield.
Good effort, chaps!
Fine setlist (105 minutes!!), although my mate - who is NOT an Alice afficionado - found the sound a bit murky and couldn't pick out melodies.
Pleased to hear 'He's Back' on the list and the encore of 'Elected/Dept of Youth' segue was excellent.

Have to disagree with the band's written tribute to the support act, 28 Shots, on their facebook page though; they were bloody drivel! (Personal opinions and all that)
School's out FOREVER!!"
Speaking as an ex-teacher, I can confirm that it really is!!

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Does anyone have any setlist details for this band, please?
I'm especially keen to get a list for 8th Feb 2013.
I'm trying to put together an account of the gig: https://gigsnstuff787616231.wordpress.c ... d-diamond/

Perhaps someone in the band?
I'll pm them...
School's out FOREVER!!"
Speaking as an ex-teacher, I can confirm that it really is!!