HOW LONG DO YOU THINK ALICE WILL CONTINUE TO TOUR

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK ALICE WILL CONTINUE TO TOUR

Post by GAZZ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:00 pm

How long do you think Alice will continue to tour ? I for one don't want him to ever stop doing gigs but he is 63 now and no one can go on for ever . the reason I'm asking is there has been a lot of talk on here about the next tour the W2MN tour next year being a big production like the nightmare returns tour in 1986 and I think Alice will do a massive show for his last tour and this seems like a good time to do it if you think about it because he would be 64 by the time the tour starts next year and I think a tour like this would take him 1.5 - 2 years to complete because you all know what Alice is like with his fans he doesn't like to miss any country out ( unlike kiss ) so at the end he would be 65 or 66 . will be a sad day when he stops because there will NEVER be another Alice :nono: many have tried but none ever come close . I have been a big fan from 1981 when I got the special forces LP and seen him live for the first time on the 17/2/1982 ( I was 16 ) in Manchester Apollo on the special forces tour and since then I seen him every time he's been to the UK on tour so it will be a sad day for me when it ends :alice:

hywelkidd
Trash
Trash

Re: HOW LONG DO YOU THINK ALICE WILL CONTINUE TO TOUR

Post by hywelkidd » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:22 pm

I can only really see Alice doing one (maybe two at the most) big tour and then doing the odd show/short tour after that. As you said, he'll be 64 by the time the next tour starts and he likes to get to as many places as possible so will easily be on tour for over a year at least to get round everywhere (North and South America, Europe, Australia/NZ etc).

Will be a shame when Alice retires/stops touring but not many would be able to do a show like Alice's at his age. We're getting to a sad point where all the "legends" left touring will be stopping very soon indeed. This of course wouldn't be so bad if modern music was, for the most part, the sort of thing I would be able to listen to for more than five seconds. My fiancée's brother asked me to put a new album on his iPod recently (he's not exactly great with tech lol) and I had a quick listen to it and now I really wish I hadn't botherd ::((:

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Sadly all good things come to an end. I would love a huge production to support WTMN 2 (magic screen, dancers, big props, brilliant lighting) in theatre venues not arenas and then a well earned retirement with the Alice we all admire bowing out at the top of his game not carrying on for too long like a boxer unable to retire (if thats a good anology?). As he appears to be such an astute operator I have every confidence he will retire at just the right time for him....and us.

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

It will obviously be sad when Alice stops, but it would be more sad seeing him performing while being too old to be really good.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 pm

I agree with you Kristian that's my point

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Alice has said nothing definitive about retirement. He's really never even hinted at it much so I don't foresee it anywhere within the next 5 years as long as his health is good.

He's joked that he's going to go on at least 5 years after The Rolling Stones and I hear they're going on tour again in 2012 so that bodes well.

Given how active he is currently, I can really see Alice going until he's in his early 70s to be honest and then perhaps he'll start to slowdown the pace of shows.

Let's hope we're all that lucky.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:46 pm

I heard that too he even said when mick jagger retires he has 6 years left. And he has also stated repeatedly that if he keeps filling up his shows there's no reason to retire so I'd also say late 60s to early 70s and that's pending on his health which has been pretty good so far.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:14 pm

I think he will tour until he dies...and then he will keep coming back every year!

After all, the current tour features Vincent Price, and he died in 1993!
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

he may be getting on in years but he's fitter than me and i'm two decades his junior!
i ain't gonna count him out just yet.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 pm

andyrew wrote:his health has been pretty good so far.
I'd say that was a massive understatement!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:48 pm

>I'd say that was a massive understatement!

Haha true. With all the theatrics and touring he does you would think it would take it's toll on his body and voice but he's really in great shape. As he always says, he's in better shape now than he was at 30. I don't see why he can't have 2-3 full blown tours after the W2MN tour, depending on how long he decides to make it last.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:04 pm

The question I ask myself regularly is when Alice eventually stops, will he pass the character to someone else?

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:28 pm

> The question I ask myself regularly is when Alice eventually stops, will he pass the character to someone else?

I don't think so. Alice is a character that cannot be duplicated. He has always played it with incredible enthusiasm and dedication. For Alice to just pass the torch on to someone else would not do his legacy justice. However, I think there will be a lot of Alice Cooper tribute bands or maybe just one band like Gallus Cooper that would continue touring in his honour. But I don't think Alice would appoint someone to "be Alice" specifically.

This brings us to the question of whether there will ever be another Alice Cooper once he does decide to retire. Sure there's Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie, but they don't truely capture the lyrical humour/musical direction Alice has used.

I guess the better question is who will continue the lyrical/emotional and humour side of shock rock. Doesn't seem like anyone has come close to what Alice has done in the last decade throughout (modern music) which is sad.

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 pm

The funny thing is that he's actually better now than he was at the age when most musicians peak, as he was drunk on stage in those days and a bit sloppy...

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Will alice pass his character on NO NEVER alice is one of a kind there will never be another alice he's not like kiss who don't care who's behind there makeup as long as there making money. Alice would never do that

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm actually baffled as to why this question or subject is coming up all the sudden this year the way it is without any hint that this was on the horizon. Alice just stated a few weeks ago that he has absolutely no intention of retiring soon. He also stated a while back that he's interested in working with Ezrin again for the next album.

We're getting into the point where there are artists in their 70s and 80s still going. I just don't see Alice stopping his life as a musician. He may not be doing 100 city tours in 10 years, but then who knows?!?

Anyone questioning Alice's retirement should perhaps check out the Halloween Night of Fear program and THEN ask "Is this a man who looks like he's ready to retire?"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 am

Kristian wrote:The funny thing is that he's actually better now than he was at the age when most musicians peak, as he was drunk on stage in those days and a bit sloppy...

Well his voice isn't better.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:00 am

wind_up_toy wrote:The question I ask myself regularly is when Alice eventually stops, will he pass the character to someone else?
God, let's hope not.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 am

I only say it as he mentioned it himself in a recent interview. It may have been in jest of course.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:45 am

he might pass the torch of "rock's villain/antihero" to someone else, but never the character himself.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\