HOW LONG DO YOU THINK ALICE WILL CONTINUE TO TOUR

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOW LONG DO YOU THINK ALICE WILL CONTINUE TO TOUR

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 am

I'm sure he spoke specifically of the character. I'll try and find the article later!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 am

>Well his voice isn't better.

Absolutely and totally false. For someone who has admitted you haven't seen many of Alice's recent shows, you're not really in a position to make that statement.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 am

>I only say it as he mentioned it himself in a recent interview.

It's not your fault, but this is becoming very tedious very quickly. Alice has been talking about someone else playing the role for decades now, so it's not something new.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:54 am

At the moment Alice gets better every time I see him, even if he did get worse Id still go and love his shows!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I only say it as he mentioned it himself in a recent interview.

It's not your fault, but this is becoming very tedious very quickly. Alice has been talking about someone else playing the role for decades now, so it's not something new.
Good, so at least someone else knows what I'm talking about and that Alice has mentioned it. I think he's joking personally so we shouldn't read too much into it.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:51 pm

I see him going on for at least a few more tours and albums. He has stated he had a blast recording W2MN and considering the fact he is back to working with guys like Ezrin and Steve Hunter which seem to really get his creative juices flowing.

THe music industry has changed a lot and the days of anyone having a massively huge album are slim and none. Alice over the last decade or so has really settled into a good vibe. His albums while not huge sellers don't do that bad for this day and age and his ticket sales are consistent. He can still fill out mid-sized venues which is better than a lot of rock bands are doing these days and talk shows, etc are still interested in what he has to say. He also has settled into a pace that has allowed him do other things as well. I know that he does a lot of work with his Solid Rock Foundation, do his radio show,finding time to get out there and still play some golf tournaments, record a new album every couple of years and tour three to five months a year. He is doing tours for a year straight with no break anymore. He seems to have found a balance.

The bottom line for me is can he still perform at a high level and the answer is yes.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

And if/when he scales down the touring we may see the intervals between album releases reducing perhaps.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:07 pm

>He seems to have found a balance.

Great post.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:59 pm

CooperRocks is pretty much dead on.
What I foresee for the future is tours simply getting shorter, with Festival shows maybe even more common to cover an entire country or aena in one show, especially in Europe.

It's always possible that albums would actually become more frequent as a result of the extra time Alice has available. Especially with the physical album as product sadly dissapearing, which conversely will make releasing albums digitally that much cheaper to do. No physical product to produce for a release date etc, with maybe a third party later offering to make up limited physicial packages for the diehard audience, ie us, who would still buy it to make it profitable for them, like Night Of The Vinyl Dead have been doing recently for vinyl.

He has been on the treadmill for so many years he may find that creating new material fills the extra time nicely between golf, charity and things he wants to do personally.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:50 am

I would love to see Alice on Futurama as Joke. touring in 3012. would make for a good promo.

Watching the recent DVD's and some stuff of you tube. He's still going strong. i could see him still going in his 80's maybe not such massive tours. more local with a few overseas gigs

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 am

On the current ‘Ask Alice’ vid on nwac.com (I know it was recorded some time ago) Alice says that ‘that there are 3 albums (one being W2MN) and 3 tours planed already’. So I think he and his surroundings are at this point planning a good time ahead.

I remember an interview were Alice talked about how stress free his life is these days. To sum it up: he has build a financially secured life for him and his family, he often mentions that his kids never were into trouble (like f.e. the Osbourne kids) and between touring a few months a year that includes private time with his wife at some of the world’s most beautiful places he is able to do charity work he is really committed to which I think means a lot to him. He can indulge in golf almost daily and finally he is in great physical shape (not only for his age) and seams to be at peace with himself and God. And since I guess the daily tour routine is build around his preferences and needs I can’t see why he would want to stop keep going like that anytime soon.

Also I think everyone who saw Alice dancing around during ‘I’ll bite your face’ on the current tour and enjoying himself with this new song can easily picture him continue touring for years. I think he is really looking forward to hit the road with the new stuff.
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Well his voice isn't better.

Absolutely and totally false. For someone who has admitted you haven't seen many of Alice's recent shows, you're not really in a position to make that statement.
So his voice is better in his 60's than his 20's. Ridiculous. Why do I need to see him live I can listen to a live show on cd cant I?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm

>So his voice is better in his 60's than his 20's. Ridiculous.

Why is it "ridiculous"? Ask Luciano Pavarotti if his voice was "better". Alice's voice has become richer and more textured. His actual singing ability (which he did not even care about in the seventies) is a million times better now than it was in the seventies and he can now reach notes he wouldn't even have tried to reach previously. His ability to breathe 'correctly' during a show so that he can actually hit the notes and project his voice has improved due to his general physical fitness and none of that was the case during the time you refer to. There's just no comparison. He also takes care of his voice a lot more than he did.

> Why do I need to see him live I can listen to a live show on cd cant I?

Judging by how of touch you appear in some of your posts, I'd be suprised if you did even that, but I'll take your word for it though.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm

The thing is though his best recordings were made when he was younger, his voice is different now and although by his own admission he couldn't sing a song like 'Something To Remember Me By' years ago, by the same token the vocals on say 'Elected' were better in 72 than say on the recent studio recording for Alice does Alice.

It's a natural thing for vocalists to lose some of their higher register but gain in the lower register as they age as a singer.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Personally, I am more worried about Steven Tyler....when Alice starts falling off the stage, then I will worry.

Right now, Alice is kicking everyone's butt.....he sleeps 4 hours a night, on the golf green at 6am everyday. Touring 4-5 days a week. Nights with Alice Cooper. Interviews. Maintaining a marriage and parenting. Recording, writing and rehearsing. Cooperstown, Solid Rock, Bible Study at Church...

You couldn't maintain this schedule. Your head would explode.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:02 pm

it all sounds good but hope he gets more than 4 hours a nights sleep or his head will explode..i reckon the lack of toxins in his system has allowed him to have way more energy..I saw him at Manchester recently and his voice was powerful and phrasing good (probably due to correct breathing as mentioned before)..seen him on Special Forces tour Glasgow 1982..enjoyed it but his voice was a bit rough and lacked a bit of power..As for how long he will go on..he will know when to stop..we just need to enjoy it..easy for me to do that
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

culebra
Trash
Trash

Post by culebra » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I hope the day when he stops is far away. I'm happy that he is in such a good health. Maybe he's like Compay Segundo and will perform until he is 95?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:13 pm

>by the same token the vocals on say 'Elected' were better in 72 than say on the recent studio recording for Alice does Alice.

That's all true but we're referring to live performances.

>It's a natural thing for vocalists to lose some of their higher register but gain in the lower register as they age as a singer.

Again, that's all true but by any objective assessment, his singing is far better in terms of actual technique than it was in the period pitkin88 was referring to. By his own admission, Alice didn't care too much about his singing back then when it came to concerts. That was all part of his appeal and part of the persona as well.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

that's a fair point though some of those live moments from the 70s vocally were magic like Is It My Body Performance @ Hollywood Bowl 72 or 18 at Boston Gardens 73.

There is more consistency now and a lot of that is I guess Alice isn't drinking but some of that crazy energy of the 70s when vocally it was right was something else.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I think Alice will continue the NMMNG next (half of the) year.. Then work on W2MN tour, which will start in 2013...
And then? I don't dare to say...
The sanest days are mad.