Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

then why do you give any credibility that the song was about Bob?
IF, you read my original comment - I don't really, but maybe he was the INSPIRATION for the song and they tied a concept in with it.

Here is the transcript of what the chap said;

"Yes, he is from Toronto and he and Waters did have a falling out. The song "Have a Cigar" is about Bob, which is not very complementary. Bob liked to smoke cigars when surrounded by a band. I saw this in London at the bar of the Halcyon Hotel with a Spanish goth band. Everyone was drinking pepper schnapps and Bob was in the center smoking a cigar. He is the one who suggested the kabuki makeup for KISS"

I'd ask Roger Waters guitar player who I know to ask him but it's such a ridiculous story I wouldn't waste his time.
Don't upset yourself with this, read my original post - I'm 'on your side'!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

He (Bob) is the one who suggested the kabuki makeup for KISS"
Someone can correct me but this seems VERY unlikely to have been Ezrin. He didn`t work with Kiss to my knowledge until Destroyer, their fouth studio album, and they hired him because of his AC work.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Someone can correct me but this seems VERY unlikely to have been Ezrin. He didn`t work with Kiss to my knowledge until Destroyer, their fouth studio album, and they hired him because of his AC work.
I believe he met them in the early 70's though.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm

tommystooge wrote: ...And I really don't believe you've talked to Neal, Dennis or Mike about the break up, otherwise your views would be in line with what I've been saying...
Might I ask if YOU have talked to those three gentlemen? And if so, can you give us their remarks?

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:> it's funny how whatever your told by the Alice camp you consider to be true,

Again, more assumptions. What makes you think I only get my information from "the Alice camp"?!

>you should do a little more investigating and perhaps talk to ALL the parties involved,

How do you know I haven't?
Then reveal your sources...we the forum demand it!!!!! :nono:

Same question for me...how does anyone here know I haven't...
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am

GNDM wrote:
tommystooge wrote: ...And I really don't believe you've talked to Neal, Dennis or Mike about the break up, otherwise your views would be in line with what I've been saying...
Might I ask if YOU have talked to those three gentlemen? And if so, can you give us their remarks?
What does Janice have to say??? Glen apparently was the first to see the writing on the wall...
Last edited by tommystooge on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 am

steven_crayn wrote:
tommystooge wrote:>Since I'm a MODERATOR here, I am asking that misinformation not be spread. I am >giving you another opportunity to post sources please.
>he won't because he hasn't got any

My sources are more accurate than your break down on how to play Eighteen, Glen would laugh at this:

steven_crayn wrote: 5 chords actually but A isn't one of them it's an Am.

Em C D as you correctly said with Am and Bm the other two.

There is confusion sometimes as power chords can be used often omitting the 3rd creating an ambiguity to the harmonic nature of the chord being major or minor.
Further confusion is created by the harmonic series so you could hear a major 3rd in a two note A5 chord, but the underlying harmony on 18 if playing A5 & B5 are of minor chords.

An accurate transcription of the song appeared in Guitarist magazine issue 221 March 2002.
You haven't listed any sources Tommy Stooge I have listed a source for a transcription of 18 which confirms what I already knew. Glen knew how to play the song you clearly don't if you are disputing the chord progression, not that that surprises me as you are the one who said you were embarrassed seeing Steve Hunter on stage with Alice Cooper and in saying that will forever have no credibility.
You just can't get past the Steve Hunter comment...it's funny how what you say here in the forum is right, but if anyone else says something that contradicts you, they are wrong...sad really.
Remember The Coop !!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 am

nurserozetta wrote:[quote="Toronto Bob
Just look at Pink Floyd's deluxe DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall sets coming out - they're going for around $110 and they look every bit deluxe as Old School
and did you see the cost of the new U2 Achtung baby boxset ? $658 - makes old school look more than reaosnable IMO[/quote]

I don't agree with that.
The U2 set has :

very limited / 6cds / 4dvds / 5 x 7"singles / 4 vinyl albums / 16 artsprints / 4 badges / 84 page hardcover book / stickers / sunglasses and more goodies.

And for the pre-order price of about € 250.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

>Then reveal your sources...we the forum demand it!!!!!

I don't have to. You accused me of not speaking "to ALL the parties involved". So the burden of proof isn't on me as I haven't made the accusation.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 am

>What does Janice have to say???

That isn't what GNDM asked.

>Glen apparently was the first to see the writing on the wall...

At the other thread, you said it was “The truth”. Now you’re saying that it was only “apparently” the case. YOU DON’T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID AT THE OTHER THREAD SO IT’S NO WONDER PEOPLE HERE DOUBT YOUR CREDIBILITY.

>Same question for me...how does anyone here know I haven't...

We don’t – that’s why you asked been asked about four times now to back up your statements.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am

Gunner wrote:
I believe he met them in the early 70's though.
Not that I'm aware, although he may have had a very casual encounter with them but it wasn't years earlier. I believe he met them shortly before the recording of 'Destroyer' during album discussions.

Their manager Bill Aucoin suggested Bob Ezrin because he wanted Kiss to 'go to the next level' in regard to their studio work after the huge success of 'Alive!'.

Needless to say, Bob Ezrin had *nothing* to do with KISS putting on the make-up.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 am

although he may have had a very casual encounter
Why couldn't he have mentioned something like this to them during a casual encounter: 'Hey, you guys need a gimmick, look what it did for Alice!! Do the kabuki make-up or something!'
but it wasn't years earlier.

How do you know this? I've seen a picture of Alice and Gene together before Destroyer for example.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>What does Janice have to say???

That isn't what GNDM asked.

>Glen apparently was the first to see the writing on the wall...

At the other thread, you said it was “The truth”. Now you’re saying that it was only “apparently” the case. YOU DON’T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID AT THE OTHER THREAD SO IT’S NO WONDER PEOPLE HERE DOUBT YOUR CREDIBILITY.

>Same question for me...how does anyone here know I haven't...

We don’t – that’s why you asked been asked about four times now to back up your statements.
I said apparently to be polite, but it is the truth, I know exactly what I'm saying, I'm not concerned with whether anyone here doubt's my credibility...as I stated the info was for me to confirm my assumptions which have been...and anyone here can do the same, just do your research...
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Gunner wrote:
although he may have had a very casual encounter
Why couldn't he have mentioned something like this to them during a casual encounter: 'Hey, you guys need a gimmick, look what it did for Alice!! Do the kabuki make-up or something!'
but it wasn't years earlier.

How do you know this? I've seen a picture of Alice and Gene together before Destroyer for example.
Bob had nothing to do with Kiss, do you not know Kiss's history? It was all their own doing.
Some of the guys saw BDB tour and thought If one Alice could work, then how about 4.

Bob did however produce probably their best album, Destroyer.
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Then reveal your sources...we the forum demand it!!!!!

I don't have to. You accused me of not speaking "to ALL the parties involved". So the burden of proof isn't on me as I haven't made the accusation.
I love how you dodge answers, but if I decide not to reveal my sources, I'm not credible.
Remember The Coop !!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:09 pm

>I said apparently to be polite,

Is it "polite" to put words into a dead man's mouth, though?

> but it is the truth,

Give us a source.

>I know exactly what I'm saying, I'm not concerned with whether anyone here doubt's my credibility...

In that case, there is nothing to debate. You can continue to make baseless statements into some kind of void, because with that approach, you're saying you don't want your comments to be studied.

>and anyone here can do the same, just do your research...

What "research" did you do?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 pm

>I love how you dodge answers, but if I decide not to reveal my sources, I'm not credible.

Try that approach in a court of law and let's see what would happen.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Gunner wrote: Why couldn't he have mentioned something like this to them during a casual encounter: 'Hey, you guys need a gimmick, look what it did for Alice!! Do the kabuki make-up or something!'
As a person who has been a KISS fan for over 34 years, I know the band's history pretty intimately. They were a band that came out of the clubs of NY and they created the makeup themselves.

They never met Ezrin during the early years of the band. I believe Ezrin may have attended one of their shows in 1975 or so during their Alive! era and was invited back stage and saw them briefly. At some point after, Bill Aucoin approached Ezrin to produce the follow up to 'Alive!'.
Gunner wrote: How do you know this? I've seen a picture of Alice and Gene together before Destroyer for example.
Because I know the story of the band!

You seem to know nothing, yet insist on making bizarre outlandish declarations for some odd reason.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:45 pm

tommystooge,
Could you do me a favor and tell me what Dennis said about the break up....and if he confirmed that the band members were told not to discuss it when making the Box Set. Please send it by private message. It will go no further. Thanks.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm

>and if he confirmed that the band members were told not to discuss it when making the Box Set

Also, make sure you tell GNDM who gave that instruction (if it exists).