Desmond Child

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Desmond Child

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Does anyone have any news on how much input Desmond Child has had on the new album?

Sorry if this seems a little premature, i'm just very nosey!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Desmond Child

Post by Si » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I don`t think anything else has been mentioned about it since Desmond mentioned it on Tweeter.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 am

desmond on the new nightmare? I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 am

evil syd wrote:desmond on the new nightmare? I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know. Neal, Dennis, Mike, Dick, Steve, Desmond, current band members..... Seems to pull together aspects from lots of different stages of Alices career. Could be interesting. We shall see!!
Boomshanka

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Although Trash isn't my favourite AC album by a long shot, there's no denying that it was very well produced and arranged.

Also, Desmond Child has been involved in some quite interesting albums in the last few years and knows how to help pull this kind of project together.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:15 pm

he's co written some great songs for Alice, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and I always loved that song he wrote with Ratt 'Lovin' You's A Dirty Job'.

There is a lot of music snobbery talked about Desmond Child as if it's a crime to write a hit song, Trash was an important album for Alice as it got him back on the radio on mass.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 pm

steven_crayn wrote:he's co written some great songs for Alice, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and I always loved that song he wrote with Ratt 'Lovin' You's A Dirty Job'.

There is a lot of music snobbery talked about Desmond Child as if it's a crime to write a hit song, Trash was an important album for Alice as it got him back on the radio on mass.
ye, but hair metal is gone, that's all.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 pm

>ye, but hair metal is gone, that's all.

Who said there will be any of that on the album?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Evil Syd, have you heard anything that Desmond Child has done in the last 10 years?

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm

I Agree Killer. I hope DC don`t get involved at all. And I Don`t care if Thrash was well produced. To me that album is exactly what it is called : Thrash ! Of course it did put Alice back on the map but that is the only positive thing I can say about that album. Let Bob Ezrin deal with W2M alone !!
It`s all in this luney tune....

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Luney Tune wrote:I Agree Killer. I hope DC don`t get involved at all. And I Don`t care if Thrash was well produced. To me that album is exactly what it is called : Thrash ! Of course it did put Alice back on the map but that is the only positive thing I can say about that album. Let Bob Ezrin deal with W2M alone !!
Luney Tune, Killer refers to Evil Syd's status and the album in question was called Trash not Thrash!

There was never any hint of Desmond Child producing the sequel Bob Ezrin doesn't need any help. The thing about song contributions is that even on the original nightmare Escape was co written outside the Cooper camp so don't worry this album will be classic Cooper just like the first Nightmare was.

As a side issue as WHW has suggested there is more to Desmond Child than "hair metal"
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Nor producing or songwriting. Hope not DC contributes on any.

Yeah, yeah so I mispelled Trash. Still a mediocre pop rock album and certainly not my kind of Alice.
It`s all in this luney tune....

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Evil Syd, have you heard anything that Desmond Child has done in the last 10 years?
Nope,
I really didn't have any interest. I liked a few songs from their collaberation years, you know, like "Poison", but overall I found those albums his worst years.
I even have the Shocker soundtrack, I hated it. btw, Bed of Nails sound like Bon Jovi.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>ye, but hair metal is gone, that's all.

Who said there will be any of that on the album?
You see, I fear Desmond, the mere mention of him makes me quiver. It's like a cross to a Vampire. I know that stuff got Alice back out there on the scene, but that's not what's important to me. Well, let me correct myself, it is, I hope he
is always successful, but his method was not in my best interest, it was for those poser metal jerks. I do realize that was the only way he could come out into the limelight.
Personally ,I really hated most of the hair metal days and the day I heard alice swinging into that horrid direction, I thought to myself, that was never what Cooper was about, he always went the other direction, you know, you say hamburger, he said chocolate covered frogs legs. This was like sucking up to the boss to get a raise. Notice that presently he only plays "Poison" live from those years. But then again he never plays anything from the new wave punk years, and I loved them, it caught his dementia, while those hair metal years sounded like just a crowd pleaser.

The Dark Menace
Trash
Trash

Post by The Dark Menace » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:24 pm

I understand why some people don't like Trash but there are good things to be said for Desmond Child.

First the main problem with Trash wasn't the music, which was catchy, but Alice's lyrics. He did a teenage horny sex album instead of his usual interesting songs.

Second, one of my favorite Alice songs is Dangerous Tonight, which I think is a good example of the kind of stuff he can do with Desmond Child.

Bottom line is I was glad to hear Desmond Child would be involved. Combining him and Bob Ezrin is potentially very strong.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:42 pm

>Personally ,I really hated most of the hair metal days

You never answered my question.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Personally ,I really hated most of the hair metal days

You never answered my question.
oh yes, I sure did, someone recalled that desmond mentioned it on tweeter, check a few posts back, I'm just explaining why I reacted the way I did, which is an answer if you really think about it, just take the pieces and put the puzzle together, it's not my problem if you can't figure it out, my friend ;)

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:57 am

The Dark Menace wrote:I understand why some people don't like Trash but there are good things to be said for Desmond Child.

First the main problem with Trash wasn't the music, which was catchy, but Alice's lyrics. He did a teenage horny sex album instead of his usual interesting songs.

Second, one of my favorite Alice songs is Dangerous Tonight, which I think is a good example of the kind of stuff he can do with Desmond Child.

Bottom line is I was glad to hear Desmond Child would be involved. Combining him and Bob Ezrin is potentially very strong.
I have to agree with you on Dangerous Tonight, one of the few that I loved during those years. I did like the "Hey Stoopid" album!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:17 am

>oh yes, I sure did,

No, you didn't.

>someone recalled that desmond mentioned it on tweeter

That's not what I asked. He never mentioned "hair metal". You did. I asked you what made you think there will be any on the next album. You still haven't answered that. That's why While Heaven Wept asked you a related question.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:46 am

Again, yes I have, you're either not too swift, or pulling my leg. Here, I'll give you a clue, you see, obviously I equivalated desmond with hair metal. No, as I said before, I haven't heard him the last ten years, I'm probably being ignorant, but it's all based on my experiences listening to the early years of Desmond's song writing, which was a lot of hair metal songs.
It was nice talking to you :smack: