Alice Cooper at Pudding 2010

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Alice Cooper at Pudding 2010

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 am

just got back to my hotel in Phoenix so thought I would let you know how it went before I have to hit the sack before flying back to London.

Bob Ezrin gave a heartfelt introduction (Alice Cooper opened after the interval), No More Mister Nice Guy, I'm Eighteen, Under My Wheels, Billion Dollar Babies, Be My Lover, Train Kept A Rollin (the Yardbirds cover with Alice playing harmonica) and School's Out (Alice also joined Rob Zombie at the end for another version of School's out with Rob's band)
The band sounded great with Steve Hunter doing Glen proud and adding his own magic to the sound. Dennis was awesome he still looks and moves like a superstar, Neal solid as a rock, Michael I think was a bit nervous at first but soon got into it.
These guys may be older but even though they naturally don't look like it's 1973 anymore those songs sounded really authentic with just a couple of mistakes, but I look forward to these legends working more with Alice who was as always awesome.

Other highlights of the night were Nils Lofgren's version of 'Because The Night', Nightranger, Don Felder (the other guitar hero on Hotel California) and Rob Zombie who has so much energy it must have woken up Arizona!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper at Pudding 2010

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 am

:clap: sounds like a fab time!
Thanks for posting this so fast Steven. I went to bed yesterday, impatient to wake up and read all about this evening.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:25 am

glad you had a good time steven-this is an exciting time for AC fans..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Excellent. Thanks for posting. Did you happen to see if anyone was recording this set for posterity?

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Sounds like a great show and good time had by all. Hope it gets on youtube.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks for posting this, sounds like it was a brilliant night! Glad you had such a great time.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 am

Steven, sorry Janice and I missed you. Bumped into a few familiar Alice "travelers", Nick W., Mac and son. Enjoyed the bands' cover of Train Kept A'Rolling. DD was in top form throughout.
:clap:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 am

GNDM wrote:Steven, sorry Janice and I missed you. Bumped into a few familiar Alice "travelers", Nick W., Mac and son. Enjoyed the bands' cover of Train Kept A'Rolling. DD was in top form throughout.
Hey GNDM....were you the guy with long hair that was with Janice at C-Town on Friday night?

And you're right. "Train" was a great song, and Dennis was a total rockstar on stage. I even heard Zombie telling Piggy D to "give [him] some of those Dennis kicks" during their set. :)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Andrey
Trash
Trash

Post by Andrey » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 am

I went to the show as well. I loved it man, the performance was a bit rough but there was just something special about them, like a chemistry not seen or heard with the coop's usual hired guns.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:15 am

When I saw Dennis at Chiller last April with 5th Avenue Vampires, I was really impressed by how great he was... he was the star. A total rock star!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

GNDM wrote:Steven, sorry Janice and I missed you. Bumped into a few familiar Alice "travelers", Nick W., Mac and son. Enjoyed the bands' cover of Train Kept A'Rolling. DD was in top form throughout.
No problem

I ended up going to Cooperstown Saturday before the gig having planned to go there Friday when I said I'd meet Nick for a beer but spent Friday in my hotel room throwing up from the free booze on the plane the day before which will teach me not to overindulge, was gutted when I found out later that the whole Cooper entourage was there Friday night. Nick got some great pics with the legends, Sparky and Ethyl Cooper was there too.

Sorry I missed you sickthings

Still had a great time though and wouldn't have missed it for the world, bet Janice had a tear in her eye after Bob's moving tribute to Glen in the introduction.

Really fell in love with Phoenix and must return for longer next time
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 am

Is there a transcript or video of Bob's speech I'm sure many of us would like to hear it.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey GNDM....were you the guy with long hair that was with Janice at C-Town on Friday night?
Yep, long hair, black hat. The "old hippie" look. Thank you for not saying the guy with the long, graying hair. :)

Deaconess
Trash
Trash

Post by Deaconess » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:11 pm

The Pudding Show was awesome! I can tell you that backstage there was much laughter and joy mixed with nervous energy from the ACB.
There was a dodgy start to the set because the lights didnt go up in time for Michael to see the neck of the guitar on his opening chord which was a shame, but they soon took off and just had fun.
Alice gave Steve the top hat to wear which put a little 'Welcome' touch from the past as well.
The addition of "Train Kept Rollin" in the set was an added bonus for those who knew that Steve Hunter had played the original studio solo on the Aerosmith version.
It was great to see some Britts there as I am one myself, how cool of you to go all that way for a show.
A good time was had by all, roll on March 14th!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Interesting about the hat. I thought Steve looked so very "Steampunk" in it. Very cool since I am a big fan of that style (even before there was a term for it)

Have you guys seen the photo Dennis posted on his blog? It's so cool! http://dennisdunaway.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ryone.html
Only a piece of Michael there :)

Dennis' comment below is so funny :)

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Andrey wrote:I went to the show as well. I loved it man, the performance was a bit rough but there was just something special about them, like a chemistry not seen or heard with the coop's usual hired guns.
While I hear what you're saying I think Alice has some fantastic chemistry with his current line up. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:29 am

There are a couple of vids up on YouTube. Based on those vids, I would say that I hope they are a tad tighter in the guitar/arrangement department by the time the Hall of Fame rocks around. Neal and Dennis were in top form though it seems from what little I've seen.
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:21 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:There are a couple of vids up on YouTube. Based on those vids, I would say that I hope they are a tad tighter in the guitar/arrangement department by the time the Hall of Fame rocks around. Neal and Dennis were in top form though it seems from what little I've seen.
I'm not sure how much they rehearsed for this, but I can't imagine it was a lot. The vids I've seen are pretty much what I'd have expected for that show. Solid.

The Rock Hall gig is high profile though, in front of a who's who of industry heavyweights and legends. It doesn't get much bigger than that so I hope they really rehearse the show and performance.

The good news on this one was he didn't have his hand in his pocket. :rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:07 pm

>I'm not sure how much they rehearsed for this, but I can't imagine it was a lot.

There was a rehearsal the day before the show.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 pm

based on pictures and vid's I've seen online, it looks like a great time was had by all. And what a fun "road trip" for fans, I hope to someday be able to attend, but thankful I didn't this year because I'd never get home-midst of a big blizzard here in Boston! Thank you to everyone who publishes their photo's on Facebook or other photo sharing sites, it's cool to see other fans having an awesome time.
Happy Holiday's to everyone!
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......