VIP pass problems

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alice4president
Trash
Trash

VIP pass problems

Post by alice4president » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:50 pm

I love Alice everyone so please don't get mad at me for asking this. But has anybody else had problems with the way the VIP Pass is handled? I didn't get my email a week before like I was supposed to. I called Alice's website and they emailed me to stay at my seat and someone would get me and they didn't. Everybody has said the length of time with Alice backstage is about 40 minutes. But at Harris, Michigan July 9th someone came in and said Alice had others to meet only 20 minutes into it so it ended.
When I finally got in touch with 1 of the companies that handle the VIP so I could get them to look into it so it wouldn't happen to another fan I was told,"Everybody makes mistakes. Including you". This person said they found me at the show...but nobody did. I finally found them. And this cost me $479? Anybody else have any problems with them? Thanks. Sorry to babble. :alice:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Re: VIP pass problems

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 pm

there have been various issues with the vip meet and greets. but, those issues can arise from various factors. also, there is no stated time limit in which alice must meet with his fans. therefore, if someone said alice stuck around for 40 mins after one show, that doesn't mean he will stick around for the same amount of time for future shows.

alice4president
Trash
Trash

Post by alice4president » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 pm

I love your screen name. Dada is my favorite album. I think if I spent $479...sorry, but it should last more than twenty minutes. Especially if that's what the majority of people have been getting. Also, as you say there have been various issues with the VIP. So perhaps, somebody on board might want to take a look at it. Unfortunately, just like they didn't care about contacting me, they also don't care about looking into the problem. The lady at the VIP office spent as much time talking about her problems with Hertz rent a car company as she did talking about my problem with them. And all she would say is everybody makes mistakes. Nobody involved cared. Pathetic. Oh, did I mention it cost $479 for this?
Take care Dada God

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 pm

alice4president wrote:Anybody else have any problems with them?
Just out of curiosity.....why is it that you ask here IF anyone else has had problems, but then went over to IMDB.com and moments later stated that this site is "where many other people have complained about the way the VIP passes are handled."?
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

alice4president
Trash
Trash

Post by alice4president » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Because Notsoperfect, I was sent to this site from the Alice website. When I discussed it there somebody directed me over here to check out problems people have had with security at VIP concerts. Again, this isn't only a security problem it's also a problem with the VIP people not making sure this wouldn't happen before the show. Typical VIP mistake. My post was made first at IMDB then here. I feel if the VIP people won't look after what happens, I'll point out to other fans then. Hopefully you looked at all my posts on that board so you see I'm not being a jerk. Maybe not to you my friend, but for $479 it should not be looked over by a mickey mouse organization.

How have you been? How's the Alice board? Hope all is well.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:27 pm

I didn't at all say you were being a jerk. I just thought it was weird to make a statement about a specific site, and then contradict it on that site.

I'm definitely sorry to hear that this happened to you.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

alice4president
Trash
Trash

Post by alice4president » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Didn't contradict anything. Take care.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 am

alice4president wrote:Because Notsoperfect, I was sent to this site from the Alice website. When I discussed it there somebody directed me over here to check out problems people have had with security at VIP concerts. Again, this isn't only a security problem it's also a problem with the VIP people not making sure this wouldn't happen before the show. Typical VIP mistake. My post was made first at IMDB then here. I feel if the VIP people won't look after what happens, I'll point out to other fans then.

I believe that you may be referring to a post that I made over on the "Cooper'stown" forum at alicecooper.com, as I mentioned that a fan (not plural, for the record) had experienced problems with security at a show. For anyone who may now be wondering, I have put the entirety of my post below:

"I gotta say, this is really odd. Perhaps they had different people running it, but the ones I did in Nov / Dec. 2009 went like clockwork (with the exception of dumb security on the night not knowing what was happening on a couple of occasions, but in all honesty, I expect that kind of thing now).

I'm genuinely very sorry to learn of your bad experience, alice4president (although you DID get to meet The Man and of course he was awesome) and I'm sure that Alice's management wouldn't be too impressed, either - I refer you to the following thread where Alice's tour manager Toby took the time to respond to a UK fan who had a bad experience with venue security (you will need to scroll down a little):

http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... f=8&t=5713

You've said you will never do it again. I'm a big believer of the saying, "never say never"; my own first meeting with Alice was via a Fanfire package meet and greet and the pre-show organisation was pretty much none at all - fortunately the "on the day" stuff was dealt with by a Fanfire rep who was pretty switched on and all went great. I found the same with the recent (2009) meet and greets - it's the people on the day who make it work."

If it's not my post that you were referring to then are you able to give us more information as to who directed you here? :)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

alice4president
Trash
Trash

Post by alice4president » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Spark! How have you been? Yes it was you my friend and I appreciate all your help. I took your advice and contacted him and I got an immediate response! He contacted the VIP people and had them email me back and forth. Unfortunately, they didn't do anything. They lied saying they looked for me while I might have been in the bathroom. But I never left were I was told to stay by them. They said everybody makes mistakes and refused to look into who did this. When I stated I was even given the wrong shirt size, they told me they could find out if thats true or not. I was just trying to prevent others from going through this, that's all. Never wanted anything back. But nobody involved cares or even said I'm sorry.
Sorry to everybody here. I never meant to upset anybody. I just wanted to make sure this doesn't happen to others.
And sparkinthedark. Take care of yourself. :rock:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:52 pm

>Unfortunately, they didn't do anything. They lied saying they looked for me while I might have been in the bathroom.

No offence is intended, but you need to be careful before making accusations like that on a public forum. I took the liberty of finding out about your particular case and your version of events is disputed. From what I'm told, every effort was made to contact you, but either way, you shouldn't make accusations against those who are not here to put forward their version of events.

If you are still unhappy with the way things worked out, this is not really the place to go into details. For what it's worth, in the five years or so that these packages have been available, there have been only a tiny number of complaints or situations where errors were made.

alice4president
Trash
Trash

Post by alice4president » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:08 pm

A_MichaelUK, Hi A_MichaelUK,
Trust me sir, I know it's been disputed. They told me that themselves. However, I've been telling them all you guys need to do is look at the emails. That's it. If you would...there's nothing to dispute. There's no way I could be lying if the emails are taken from the website and not directly from me. With all due respect sir, if you say this isn't the place to go into details then where is. Dealing with the VIP company was ignored. Dealing with AliceCooper.com was ignored. So where? Look at how Sergio ignored me..and his response back was "sorry I've been busy". And I know about other complaints too. The VIP people emailed me one of them about a guy and his wife in May of this year. And what was their response.....We're still working on that. If you want to really want to "take the liberty" to find out let me help you. Look at all the emails back and forth between AliceCooper.com and me(alice4president) from June 29th to July 7th. And then nobody can dispute it. I've been saying this for a month. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

I'm afriad Andy is right, a public forum like this isn`t the place to air grievences. STUK is Not associated directly or officially with Alice Cooper, and I really don`t want the site to be the place to go for this. It's one thing posting that you had problems at your meet and greet as that warns other of possible pitfalls, but this seems to have gone further than that already and should be kept between the two parties involved and not be a public issue where one side is unlikely to reply officially.
I'm locking the topic, but I'm sure Andy will be happy to talk to you via PM or email.

Si
STUK OWNER