ExWARRANT JANI LANE WRITING FOR WTMN 2

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

ExWARRANT JANI LANE WRITING FOR WTMN 2

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:31 pm

I found this on blabbermouth here is a copy and paste of part of the interview -

That Hair Metal Blog: What have you been up to lately?

Jani: Work-wise, all kinds of stuff. I'm actually trying to gear up to do some shows at the end of the summer which, of course, with me, it's always a matter of who's going to play in the band. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends who play in the band are touring this summer, so I've spent my summer pretty much writing. I've pretty much finished all the material for my next record, which I want to do this fall. Also, I'm working on songs for Alice Cooper's next record, "Welcome To My Nightmare 2". I have a song that I'm working on with his (and former WARRANT) guitarist, Keri Kelli. We had a couple of tracks on his last record, and this is a very big deal for Alice, as he's got Bob Ezrin producing. I'm also working on a couple of songs for RHINO BUCKET, working on songs for a young couple of guys — when I say guys, I mean they're kids, to me — out of Missouri, very talented RYAN TYLER BAND. I've written a couple of songs for those guys, they're on the verge of a record deal. Mostly writing stuff. That's what I'm concentrating on is the writing right now. Just working in various studios around town. I've done some work with Fred Coury from CINDERELLA. Unfortunately, he's out on tour right now, so I can't continue with that until he gets back. Just put a call into him yesterday. Just got married. My wife's name is Kimberly.

That Hair Metal Blog: You said you're writing songs for "Welcome To My Nightmare 2"…

Jani: Well, I have a song in particular that I'm waiting for… Keri Kelli just texted me from Russia. They're in Russia right now and they get back in a few days and hopefully, we will get to knock this song out quickly.

That Hair Metal Blog: You were an Alice Cooper fan growing up. What's it like to write songs for the man?

Jani: Huge Alice fan. I actually… Alice came from Detroit and I grew up in Cleveland. I was a drummer for 20-some years before I had to sell my drums to move to Los Angeles. Once I got here, people said, "Oh, you can sing and you have blonde hair. You're going to be a lead singer." So, I never bought a kit of drums, although I play on all the demos, and I played on some WARRANT stuff. I play drums every chance I get. That's the love of my life. I call myself "player of some, master of none."

Rest of the article in the link

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=141950
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: ExWARRANT JANI LANE WRITING FOR WTMN 2

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 am

Thanks for the link!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm

desmond child,jani lane,bob ezrin and the regular band (hopefully)? this could be very special!

ALICEROCKS
Killer
Killer

Post by ALICEROCKS » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:00 am

And Kane Roberts too hopefly!
I Gotta get outta this place,I'll go runnin in outer space yeah!...."Im Eighteen".

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Model Citizen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

ALICEROCKS wrote:And Kane Roberts too hopefly!
Yipes! I think I'd have to draw the line there. Lol

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 am

I was just thinking about this the other day. I know Desmond Child was going to be writing some stuff for the new album too but I haven't heard anymore about it after Desmond tweeted it. I wonder if that went anywhere.
Me = Winning