Re: Ernie Cefalu

Post by mestreech » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 am

Great pic !!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 am

It's a shame the inside cover wasn't the album cover. I'd love to see some other pics from the shoot.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:13 pm

"Hello to all my fellow "SICKTHINGS"

So sorry if it seemed as though I must have fallen off the face of the earth" but I didn't! I have been swamped with work and haven't been able to find the time for on-line communicating. I am just in the finishing design and production stages on the next big things for Alice that are coming down the chute in 2011, and I will (as soon as I am able to) be sharing it all with you here first, so please stay tuned. Thank you - Ernie

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:00 pm

can't wait
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 am

the same here

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:48 am

pleassssseeeee ernie! c'mon,what is alice gonna do? ain't nobody else gonna design a better album cover than you! :p

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

"Hello Horrorholic"

Honestly "I can't wait" either and if it were up to me I would post the work product right now, however the powers that be say that I have to wait till they give me the "green light!"
Once thjat happens, I promise it will be here first!

Quite honestly I am so pleased to be working with Alice and Shep and the entire "Alive Family" again after a long time, since "Raise Your Fist And Yell" It's like we didn't miss a beat! I think that I am doing my best work ever for Alice and hope that once you do see it you will agree. Thank you my fellow "SICKTHINGS" - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 am

Hey Scotty, How's It Going?

Thank you so much for your very kind words, I am truly humbled by them and can only hope that I can live up to them. The best way to do that is to be able to exceed your expectations and I assure you that I have done just that on all the new work I'm doing for Alice, but I will let you be the judge... very soon! - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 am

"Mestreech, I love That Name!"

Thank you for taking the time to visit our little thread and for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me. - Ernie

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 am

Ernie, are you doing all the artwork yourself or are you working with someone else as you did before?
Me = Winning

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 am

[b]Here's a real treat for everyone who loves great Rock N' Roll,"

My very best friend Burton Cummings ("American Woman," "These Eyes," "She's Come Undone" and at least 20 more hits) is a great "Crazy Ass" writer and has created a series of stories based on my Family tree and the way my last name would be pronounced in French Canadian. He calls it "LA FAMILLE CEFULIERE" they are really funny and I would like to share them with you my fellow "SICKTHINGS" here is the link to the stories:
http://burtoncummings.net/blog/
Please check them and the site that I just created for him and let me know what you think. Thank you and enjoy. - Ernie

P.S. Oh ya the man sings a bit as well![/b]

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 am

loved him in the ringo starr all star band!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Great looking site, Ernie! The logo, colors, and images looks great together.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

"That's A Really Great Question"

Thank you for asking it "WickedyoungMan" and its a topic that I was just thinking about myself. When I had a great stable of illustrators working with me I most always relinquished the assignments to them. Artists like Drew Struzan, Bill Garland, Carl Ramsey, Ingrid Haenke and others.

I did that because my real "sweet spot" is concept, design and lettering so it always seemed the right thing to do. Now for the last 7 years as a consultant, I have concentrated again reaching from within for those skills, and I'm loving it!

I am in the final stages on both the up coming Alice Cooper Release and Burton Cummings new album "Above The Ground" and the tour support materials. The best results of all this work will be previewed, as promised here as soon as I am able.

Thank you again "WickedYoungMan" and I hope that I have answered your question. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm

"Thank You So Much Dannorama"

I am glad that you enjoyed the site, we had a great time designing and building it. Burton is really wonderful to work with and we have enjoyed a great friendship since 1972.

I will make sure to forward your comments along to him as he takes a very hands on approach to it all and wants to hear and see everything. Thanks again, and "Keep on rocking"- Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 am

"Work And Family"

Wow, I just discovered a place where there is a lot of my work and all the members of "La Famille Cefuliere" that Burton has been writing about. See if you can pick out whose who. - Ernie

http://bit.ly/gX7mFM

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 am

"SOME NEW ALICE NEWS"

Hello my fellow "SICKTHINGS" I just wanted to let you hear it from me , I have just completed one of the greatest projects ever... Alice Cooper's new "Box Set" "Old School" it's my tenth album for Alice and my 210 album... to date. Please take a minute to check it out and let me hear what you think.

You won't really see each and every piece one of the thirty pieces up close and personal, but there is enough to get a good idea of what we have created working with Alice and Bob Ezrin... Man what a dream team!!! Thank you... your neighbor - Ernie

Here's The Link: http://alicecooper.com/

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 am

The packaging is brilliant Ernie. I can see the Broadway poster in there. Was the "Old School" circular emblem a creation of yours too?
Me = Winning

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:42 pm

That's pretty cool.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Great job once again Ernie. As someone who has always been a huge fan of the total package when it comes to music, stuff such as album covers/artwork has always been important to me.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER