Ernie Cefalu

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Ernie Cefalu

Post by Si » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:06 am

Please remember there is a limit to what Ernie (and a few others on this board) is allowed to tell us about the album. He can talk generally but not about specifics unless they have been announced to the public already.

17th Octiber is the release date for teh standard edition of the album. I am assuming the US version would be the following day (UK releases are mondays, US are tuesdays normally)) but I'm not sure we have heard an official date for the US (or anywhere else).

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 am

Right. I recommend from here on out that we keep the questions to general stuff until we get closer to the release date and Ernie can let us know what he is able to talk about, etc (And Ernie has repeated several times that he can only say so much.) After all, he was part of some of the most famous album covers in Rock history and I would be more than happy to hear about those in the course of the wait. He has provided links to info on this thread for those who want some back history on things he's been involved with.

Ernie has also been very good with updating us on progress of the new album and anything else, even without one of us trying to get an update, so I think we should let him give us these updates as he's allowed and comfortable instead of coming across as trying to pry info out. We're all anxious to hear everything as much as the next person, so please be patient.
Me = Winning

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:22 am

Si wrote:Please remember there is a limit to what Ernie (and a few others on this board) is allowed to tell us about the album. He can talk generally but not about specifics unless they have been announced to the public already.

17th October is the release date for teh standard edition of the album. I am assuming the US version would be the following day (UK releases are mondays, US are tuesdays normally)) but I'm not sure we have heard an official date for the US (or anywhere else).
So it will probably be released on the 18th of October in the US then. That works out good for me my Birthday is the 18th. Also I won't have to also order the fanpack from classic rock mag from UK cause local music store near me carries the magazine.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 am

AliceFan wrote:
Si wrote:Please remember there is a limit to what Ernie (and a few others on this board) is allowed to tell us about the album. He can talk generally but not about specifics unless they have been announced to the public already.

17th October is the release date for teh standard edition of the album. I am assuming the US version would be the following day (UK releases are mondays, US are tuesdays normally)) but I'm not sure we have heard an official date for the US (or anywhere else).
So it will probably be released on the 18th of October in the US then. That works out good for me my Birthday is the 18th. Also I won't have to also order the fanpack from classic rock mag from UK cause local music store near me carries the magazine.
I was in contact with Future Pub. a few weeks ago and they did confirm it will not be carried in stores in the U.S. (Yes, the Magazine is, but the fanpacks are not.) However, you can pre-order from their website and they do ship worldwide. Highly recommended.
Me = Winning

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

just to confirm so there is no doubt no one is saying that the fan pack WON'T be available in the UK high street in places like WH Smith?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Right. I recommend from here on out that we keep the questions to general stuff until we get closer to the release date and Ernie can let us know what he is able to talk about, etc (And Ernie has repeated several times that he can only say so much.) After all, he was part of some of the most famous album covers in Rock history and I would be more than happy to hear about those in the course of the wait. He has provided links to info on this thread for those who want some back history on things he's been involved with.

Ernie has also been very good with updating us on progress of the new album and anything else, even without one of us trying to get an update, so I think we should let him give us these updates as he's allowed and comfortable instead of coming across as trying to pry info out. We're all anxious to hear everything as much as the next person, so please be patient.

I 100% agree with this post.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Ernie, I would like to know when do you think the Artwork/Cover for W2MN will be done? I mean are you all finished with it yet? Also thanks for your enthusiam and great excitement about the new album. It has made me so pumped for this album. I know this will be an amazing sequel that will live up to it not surpass the original Nightmare album. Thanks again.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 am

steven_crayn wrote:just to confirm so there is no doubt no one is saying that the fan pack WON'T be available in the UK high street in places like WH Smith?
Right. Just a confirmation that the fanpack won't have a street release in the U.S., just available to us through special order from Future Publication.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am

>Ernie, I would like to know when do you think the Artwork/Cover for W2MN will be done?

Obviously, you just ignored the post from WickedYoung Man above.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 am

Hello AliceFan...
and thank you for your questions. I am glad that you liked the "Box Set" and I heard that there is a buzz on the street that that it has been submitted (by the record company) for a Grammy Nomination. Wow, that would be great,especially since 40 years ago when I did the original "Schools out" album cover it to was nominated for a Grammy as well.

The downside there was that as I finished that cover, I left the firm I was working for to start Pacific Eye & Ear, so my old boss took all the credit, and cut me out totally. It hurt but the up side was I was nominated for another cover that year so that helped a great deal. Today if the street buzz is correct it will be my forth career nomination for basically the came cover, just forty years later!! Now some might call that "Karma" I call it "poetic justice!"

Alices's new songs are the best because they are in true Alice Cooper fashion and like a fine wine both Alice and Bob Ezrin talents have matured to exceed all expectations! I truly feel that the "Faithful" along with whole new generations of soon to be fans will come together to make this album Iconic! Bold statement... I don't think so but you will be the final judge of that. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:49 am

"Thank You Si"
For once again adding insight and clarity. As promised you might hear it somewhere else first, but just like the "Box set" you will here it first hand and real here!!!. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 am

"Hey WickedYoungMan"

Thank you for further approval and as you have so well stated I will supply all my fellow "SICKTHINGS" with behind the scenes, images and "Back Stories" in a timely manner that they "WON'T" find anywhere else! - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 am

"Happy Birthday AliceFan... on the 18th!" - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 am

"Hello Mestrecth"

I agree with your post 110%, thank you - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 am

"Hey AliceFan"

I to share your excitement as does Alice, Bob, Shep and the entire team. The cover (front & back) art is done and we are now in the process of completing all the separate album assets and configurations for the different global requirements. The cover art "KICKS ASS" as does the back and other surfaces, because they had to try and best represent the music, and this one does it!!!

I assure you that your enthusiasm and expectations will not just be "surpassed" they will be "EXCEEDED 10 FOLD!" - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:48 am

"Hello A_MichaelUK"

Thanks for your comment and so sorry that I couldn't respond to WickedyoungMan's post in a more timely manner,but I have found the cyber uniqueness of being able to reach out to people around the world that otherwise I would never be able to... is highly addictive and a real time thief.

People who know me by my work and I am now meeting them some times a few and sometimes a bunch. I can't tell you how truly great it is to have a bond with people that you don't know, it's "CrAzY AsS" and just like a McDonald's Big mac... I'm Lovin It!!!

So I make a consolidated effort to confine my on-line presence to a minimum because of my work load (never fewer than 7 projects going at the same time, each with different due dates) and trying to have a life. Bottom line is that this was a long winded way of saying that the cover art is done and it "KICKS ASS!!!" - Ernie

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Welcome To My Nightmare is my personal favourite album cover to date. Not just in terms of Alice Cooper but all those that I have ever seen (seriously). Looking forward to a look at the new album's cover...
Neil Harrison.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 am

Hello Suspiria, those are some mighty tall expectations to have to try and exceed... but I can say without equivocation this one will do it! - Ernie

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 am

Hi Ernie! Quick question... is this your work?

http://lavonardo.net/blog/wp-content/up ... r-logo.gif

By the way - Don't be ashamed... We could all take a lesson in forum etiquette from our dear friend and kind benefactor A_Michael.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 am

"Hello Dannorama"
How are you doing tonight? Here's a quick answer Yes! That is a logo that I first created for the Alice Cooper's "Constrictor" album and we still are using it today! Thank you for your question and have a great evening. - Ernie