Can I borrow some makeup?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Can I borrow some makeup?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:38 pm

>Andy claimed Alice had never heard of him which I replied to as being unlikely since they were on the same bill once - a very fair comment.

It's equally "fair" to say that Alice probably did not eagerly check the billing at that concert to see who else would be appearing.

>Back to the point; IT is highly likely that Alice Cooper HAD heard of Sutch prior to entirely copying elements of his act

You are a lunatic. Do give us the exact details of the performance that Sutch put on at that festival and make sure you provide evidence.

>- and having heard of him, it is also a fair assumption to make that he knew that he had blacked out eye-make up, top hat and did horror theatrics.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT HE DID ANY OF THAT STUFF IN TORONTO THOUGH?! You are getting more and more idiotic with each post. Alice Cooper (both the solo artist and the band) have never denied any of their influences. Why would they deny that Sutch was an influence if he was, as you claim he was?!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 pm

You are a lunatic. Do give us the exact details of the performance that Sutch put on at that festival and make sure you provide evidence.
ANDY, I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT SUTCH'S PERFORMANCE THAT DAY INFLUENCING ALICE COOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS SAYING THAT DURING IT AND AFTER IT IT IS LIKELY THAT COOPER WAS THEN AWARE OF THE MAN'S EXISTENCE AND WHAT HE DID!!! THAT'S ALL, WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND WHY ARE YOU SO VIOLENT??????????

You claim that he hadn't heard of him, I'm saying that is wrong! Don't any of you think that the fact that Jimmy Page and Keith Moon were friends with Sutch, that alice just may have known a little something about his act???????

Read this: http://www.alicecooperechive.com/articl ... art=730200

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 pm

>Andy, you are a very aggressive man.

Stop being a martyr. It's really boring.

>I never said he watched that performance Andy,

So if he didn't see that performance" how could he have been influenced by it YOU TOTAL AND UTTER LUNATIC?

> you said he headn't heard of him which is damn unlikely since they performed at the same gig ISN'T IT?????

But even if he HAD "heard of him", how does that mean he was influenced by Sutch which is what you are claiming?

>More anger, hatred and downright rudeness and resentment.

Who do I hate or resent? I'm not "angry". I just posts are stupid and your logic is flawed.

>I don't give a toss if he was unknown in America, alot of musicians knew each other in those days and hung out

So what evidence do you have that Alice and Sutch "knew each other" then?

>Would you care to quote and back up your comments???

I might if I can find it. I'm sure there other collectors here that have a copy.

>Nobody, you miss the point time and time and time again, but the influence is almost on a par, albeit in a different manner, that's all.

What does that mean?

> Please understand what you are reading!!

It's really hard with your posts.

>He likely wouldn't have Andy! I was suggesting that YOU check out the vids for similarities

I don't have to. I'm NOT denying that Sutch did what he did. I'm denying that Alice would have been aware of it. So I will ask you again. How and where would Alice have seen the footage?

> not that Alice had been watching them

So how would have he been influenced by Sutch then?

>Quote taken out of context (as usual to twist the matter), the context that was in was; ALICE would/could well have heard of him during that gig and of course afterwards -

But how does hearing of someone means they are an influence if you don't know what it is that they do!?

>And no doubt you have trampled on everybody with your 'I know it all' stance!!????

I'm not the one who claims to "know" that Alice would have known who everyone on the bill at Toronto was.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:37 pm

*stfight*

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 pm

This thread is going to get a serious trim very soon if people continue to make personal comments in their posts.

I realize the Sutch angle is part of this thread, but it's gotten sidelined and personal.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

> I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT SUTCH'S PERFORMANCE THAT DAY INFLUENCING ALICE COOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what was the purpose of you insisting that Alice just had to have heard of Sutch just because they shared a bill? If you're NOT suggesting Alice was influenced by Sutch, the fact that they were on the same bill is irrelevant whether Alice had heard of him or not. Just think about it.

>I WAS SAYING THAT DURING IT AND AFTER IT IT IS LIKELY THAT COOPER WAS THEN AWARE OF THE MAN'S EXISTENCE

No it isn't "LIKELY". It's possible but not "LIKELY".

> AND WHAT HE DID!!!

For Alice to be familiar with what Sutch "DID" he would have had to have seen him perform and there is no evidence of that. You keep shifting from Alice being aware of Sutch (he wasn't) to whether or not he would have seen him perform. You're just assuming that something must have happened
just because something else may or may not have happened which is why so many of your posts don't make any sense.

>THAT'S ALL, WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND WHY ARE YOU SO VIOLENT??????????

Show me evidence of that. You're the one who just posted in upper - case, if you take a look.

>You claim that he hadn't heard of him, I'm saying that is wrong!

You still haven't shown why. Just being on the same bill doesn't mean anything. Why not answer the question that steven_crayn asked without resorting to gibberish?

> Don't any of you think that the fact that Jimmy Page and Keith Moon were friends with Sutch, that alice just may have known a little something about his act???????

You are completely clueless. When all that was happening (which was 1969), Alice had little if any involvement with the gentlemen in question. Do you really think that Alice was aware at that time of EVERYTHING that was going in the music business?!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

Shoesalesman wrote:This thread is going to get a serious trim very soon if people continue to make personal comments in their posts.

I realize the Sutch angle is part of this thread, but it's gotten sidelined and personal.
Indeed on topic please :rock:

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Don't know whether this is of any interest but in view of some comments regarding influences in this thread I thought I would post it
There is an article in today's Daily Express magazine about Arthur Brown. He says:

"I'm doing a concert with Alice Cooper next week-he's always been a big fan of mine.Peter Gabriel Kiss, Iron Maiden-they've all said I influenced them."

Whether the last comment refers to the latter three artists only or includes Alice too is of course unclear.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Iron Maiden have never claimed to be influenced by Alice, but singer Bruce Dickinson was influenced by Arthur Brown to the extent he got Brown in to narrate on his William Blake-inspired solo album The Chemical Wedding.

Maiden's members have said their influences were Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Black Sabbath - but never Alice. As a one-time Maiden fanatic, I know this stuff. :)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 pm

>As a one-time Maiden fanatic, I know this stuff.

It seems you've misunderstood what Robbie posted.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:41 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:It seems you've misunderstood what Robbie posted.
It seems so, on re-reading.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 am

~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

ianmac
Trash
Trash

Post by ianmac » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Ho hum. Now I know why I don't bother posting here. Did anybody see Alice on the Ronnie Wood show a few weeks ago ? (Yes, I know there's a seperate discussion for this.) Now, that was interesting. Fantastic to see Alice and Ronnie really getting into the music they were listening to. Just watching the body language of the two of them was great. Two guys just talking and enjoying the music they were listening to. Fantastic to watch.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

Isn't that Sandra Bullock?

http://i.imgur.com/Id2uf.jpg
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

>Isn't that Sandra Bullock?

No.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 am

Looks like Courtney Cox to me.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 am

That's because it is Courtney Cox. It's from an episode of Cougar Town that aired a couple of weeks ago.

Hunter

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:40 am

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 am

Check out Victor Garber from GODSPELL (1973)
"I need everything the world owes me..."