New Alice Guitar/Bass Tabs & Chords

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Alice Guitar/Bass Tabs & Chords

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Mad Axeman wrote:I've always loved the little intro to Wake Me Gently, but have never been able to find it tabbed. So I've tried to learn it and tab it myself.
I'm not sure about the 3 chords near the end though.
Could I possibly Email it to anyone out there for their opinion please?
I noticed that one wasn't on the list, I'll check it for you if you like stevencrayn@yahoo.com

I've just sent Si a transcription for 'Might As Well Be On Mars' which isn't on the list, done all the chords and the little arpeggio figure that features in the intro and verses.

Nice job on 'Cold Ethyl' riff by the way, I was doing a tab for that but there is no need now as we have got more or less the same thing, think that opening chord for 'Welcome To My Nightmare' sounds right too.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Mad Axeman
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Mad Axeman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks Steven, will Email you in a tick!

I wouldn't have got that WTMN chord if not for criss' input, I was on the wrong part of fretboard before that.

Looking forward to Might as well be on Mars, love that song! I got bored this morning and learnt and tabbed Woman of mass distraction (not the solo though) and sent it to Si. Not exactly a classic, but fun and easy enuff to play.

Howabout we all name the songs that WE submitted so we can critisize each other? :laugh: In a nice way of course!
To the Axeman, all supplicants are the same height...

http://www.myspace.com/6stringsiseverything

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Just transcribed all the chords plus the arpeggio intro that also features in the verses, to one of the all time Cooper classic ballads co written with the great Dick Wagner and Desmond Child.

Might As Well Be On Mars

Have fun!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Mad Axeman wrote:I've always loved the little intro to Wake Me Gently, but have never been able to find it tabbed. So I've tried to learn it and tab it myself.
I'm not sure about the 3 chords near the end though.
Could I possibly Email it to anyone out there for their opinion please?
Mad Axeman, I've fixed the chords near the end for you, you weren't far out it was just the bass notes that were different and the end chord is slightly different. I've also put the slide to the next note up.

You did a great job on most of it, it is a tricky little intro and the interesting thing is after the intro which is played in standard pitch on classical guitar, i'm sure the band come in using dropped Eb tuning as the chords are more rock n roll ie having the chorus in D instead of C# which isn't a very rock n roll key so I think they did that, would have been a bugger to play live which of course it never was. Will email you the changes.

I'm going to transcribe all the chords to the song as it is another classic Cooper ballad, once again great input from co writer Dick Wagner plus of course Bob Ezrin.

hodgy
Trash
Trash

Post by hodgy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:03 am

Regarding the 'Nightmare' intro:
In my Cooper tribute band, I play it like this:
e---------7---------------
B--------8----------------
G-------7-----------------
D------9------------------
A-----7-------------------
E-------------------------
which is just a good old fashioned Em7.

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Steven your so lucky in the UK to have access to so many great muso s and bands . Wish i could have had a chance to talk to all those you have

While we are talking about Ronno there is a doco on his life in the works . Here is a bit of footage with the coop talking about him , not sure if its been posted before .

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz8fRPlLN0

Great job on Might as well be on mars steven

Mad Axeman thats a killer tab job you did as steve said its quite a tricky intro .

I just did a solo tab for wake me gently for you and steven to view .

Great to see all the guitars players on here putting there heads toghter
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 pm

criss wrote:Steven your so lucky in the UK to have access to so many great muso s and bands . Wish i could have had a chance to talk to all those you have

While we are talking about Ronno there is a doco on his life in the works . Here is a bit of footage with the coop talking about him , not sure if its been posted before .

Mad Axeman thats a killer tab job you did as steve said its quite a tricky intro .

Hi Criss,

It is easy to take for granted some of the music legends we get to see in the west when like you say over in Australia you don't get the same number of visits.
I'm always envious that in the UK we never got the Alice Madhouse rock tour which I would have been old enough to have seen having missed the other 1970's Alice gigs i wasn't old enough to see not having an older brother or parents that were Alice fans.

Thanks for the Ronson link,there is also a great clip on You Tube about Rono's Slaughter On 10th Ave

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dJEZFAbv5GA

As for 'Wake Me Gently' I sent Si all the chords for the song which with Mad Axemans intro and your solo means we have got it covered.

The interesting thing about that is I'm sure the intro was played in concert pitch on classical guitar but that the band tunes down a semi tone for the actual song.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:35 pm

hodgy wrote:Regarding the 'Nightmare' intro:
In my Cooper tribute band, I play it like this:
e---------7---------------
B--------8----------------
G-------7-----------------
D------9------------------
A-----7-------------------
E-------------------------
which is just a good old fashioned Em7.
Pretty sure that the note on the B string should be 7th fret (F#) as Mad Axeman transcribed it, which would make it an Em9(with no 3rd).

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:09 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
criss wrote:Steven your so lucky in the UK to have access to so many great muso s and bands . Wish i could have had a chance to talk to all those you have

Hi Criss,

It is easy to take for granted some of the music legends we get to see in the west when like you say over in Australia you don't get the same number of visits.
I'm always envious that in the UK we never got the Alice Madhouse rock tour which I would have been old enough to have seen having missed the other 1970's Alice gigs i wasn't old enough to see not having an older brother or parents that were Alice fans.

Thanks for the Ronson link,there is also a great clip on You Tube about Rono's Slaughter On 10th Ave

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dJEZFAbv5GA

As for 'Wake Me Gently' I sent Si all the chords for the song which with Mad Axemans intro and your solo means we have got it covered.

The interesting thing about that is I'm sure the intro was played in concert pitch on classical guitar but that the band tunes down a semi tone for the actual song.
Would have been killer to see some of the acts in the UK , you s are spoilt :p When you think of it some of the greatest acts the world have ever seen and will ever see have come from the UK .

Thanx for the Ronno link , i love his work . And by all accounts he was a real top person that realy deserves more credit for his part in the world of music .

I think your 100% correct about the tuning of wake me . will have to put everything toghter in one file . Once agin its great to have everyone working on a tune and realy flushing it out as good as we can for all coop fans

Mad axeman and myself have been doing some more tabs offline , lots of fun doing some coop classics that i don t think have ever been tabbed . Thanx Steve and Dean

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Formatting Issue on 'Wake Me Gently' chords in tab section

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:59 pm

For some reason the upload Si did of my chord transcription of 'Wake Me Gently' (in the Guitar Tabs section on this site) has put the chords in the wrong place which is weird as the other text files I have done were fine, anyway please ignore it until it is removed and we have corrected the problem.

In the meantime I have put it online where it has formatted correctly, just click on the link

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/445cd5ccmc ... JBpv5.74Th

Have fun and watch out for the bridge when the song changes time signature to 6/4 a lovely touch from Dick Wagner & Bob Ezrin.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Formatting Issue on 'Wake Me Gently' chords in tab section

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:10 pm

I have changed the link, now using Free Text Host

Wake Me Gently

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Si has fixed the formatting issue on the 'Wake Me Gently' chords and it is now on this site

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/tablature ... gently.php

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:01 pm

My chord transcripition for 'Pass The Gun Around' is now on this site, have fun!

Pass The Gun Around

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:49 pm

steven_crayn wrote:My chord transcripition for 'Pass The Gun Around' is now on this site, have fun!

Pass The Gun Around

Killer stuff steven