myths and legends

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

myths and legends

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:15 am

tv show 'myths and legend' on tv land channel. discussing ozzy biting the head off a bat and dove. alice interviewed and said that he's had COW EYEBALLS thrown at him while on stage. i bet you guys have never heard that one.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:16 am

I forgot to look into this show. The promos they've been airing show something about "Did Alice Cooper play Eddie Haskel?"
Me = Winning

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 am

Interesting: where were the cow eyeballs thrown (country?) and what is that significance?

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:37 am

Ha! Never heard that one before! Sounds like a variation of the chicken theme that maybe a fan has adopted!

I'm guessing it may have happened at one of these State 'Fairs' that Alice plays in the US?; perhaps it was during a very busy touring spell, and the significance was that the Cow eyeballs would see him through the week? :rotfl:
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:I forgot to look into this show. The promos they've been airing show something about "Did Alice Cooper play Eddie Haskel?"

I've got a pic somewhere from the '70s with Alice wearing a t-shirt saying " No, I'm Not Eddie Haskel"....was he something to do with a U.S. show called "Leave it to beaver" ?? that seems to ring a bell......
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Cow eyeballs? Never heard that one before.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 pm

I remember the jokes about Alice being bad like Eddie. I thought it was just a generalization. (bad guys) But I knew who Alice was even back then. I think I saw that picture with Alice and the t-shirt. I saw the commercial for that show.....but I may have missed it now. :blush:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:53 am

:grin: I guess that some fans were butchers and thought it would be fun. Weird really.
Next time I see Alice I can bring some preserved snakes and spiders from the museum that should go down well :p

Speaking of TV shows, I saw a documentary done by French TV (didn't write down the details) about the "wild seventies" and the main european protesting movements. It was drawing a parallel between politics and music not just as a protest form but also as a reflection of society and how young people percieve it. Very interesting.
Anyway at some point they showed a bit of Alice performing School's Out in the seventies, needless to say I was thrilled.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Re: myths and legends

Post by glamprincess » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 pm

mattcoddington wrote:tv show 'myths and legend' on tv land channel. discussing ozzy biting the head off a bat and dove. alice interviewed and said that he's had COW EYEBALLS thrown at him while on stage. i bet you guys have never heard that one.
You gotta wonder about some of the people going to the shows....who goes to a rock concert and says to themself....Where are my tickets? Where are my car keys? Where are my cow's eye balls? :bam:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Keep a few veins attached and hang 'em from the mirror on the way to the show. ;)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:14 pm

It comes on here Wed 15th on VH1Classic. We have 2.

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63