How the set-list is made ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Yeah, going to multiple shows, I got to see RnF, PA#9, and DD. Have to admit, I was not a giant fan of PA#9 before hearing it live. But it was great live, and now I love to listen to it! :clap: And, I was lucky enough to really enjoy the last night that it was in the set list, as I happened to run into Keri pre-show, and he mentioned it was on its way out.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Erik Himel
Trash
Trash

Post by Erik Himel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Si wrote:<Quote>I'm sure his new band can't get close to Kane Roberts for solos, it's the reason that they don't play these songs...

I'm sure they could play them perfectly easily, especially as the majority of the audience haven't a clue who Kane was and have probably never heard those song anyway.
They don't have a problem with Feed My Frankenstein and the Vai/Satriani solo.

I don't think you give the guys enough credit. You don't think Jason and Keri could shred if they so wished??
-----------------

I play in an Alice tribute band as the lead guitarist (www.mrniceguytribute.com) and we cover material from all over the career. If you are good enough to be playing for Alice Cooper, there is no doubt you could play whatever songs are necessary for the set. The Kane Roberts material just has a different approach to the playing.

It is my understanding Alice writes the setlist he wants to play, the band has some input but Alice shows up with a general idea of what he wants to do and usually there are too many songs to be played and some get cut, some don't fit the theme of the show, some just don't sound good or are hard to perform (such as Serious on the Bare Bones tour). An example is the first show of the Bare Bones tours where such songs as It's The Little Things and Gimme were played for the first time since Brutal Planet... it's not that the band can not learn and play material quickly (Bed of Nails being played once in 2004), it's just that Alice has an idea of what he wants to do and sometimes things work a certain way.

And another good point is some songs just don't get a good crowd reaction at all.

It might not even be just about the hits though.... there have been short Alice sets where he has opened or done an abbreviated set where he doesn't just play an hour of hits, sometimes you won't hear Billion Dollar Babies or other such songs.

How many copies of his most recent albums have sold? There is your answer for why Alice doesn't tape a performance of "rare" songs for fans? Unfortunately you need to look at the real situations of Alice doesn't sell nor draw what he once did. Times change.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 pm

yeah public animal is AWESOME LIVE
Then again so is Who do you think we are
and clones and....