No Alice in Rolling Stone Mag Top 100 guitar songs

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

No Alice in Rolling Stone Mag Top 100 guitar songs

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 pm

I've already left my comment on their site, 'School's Out' should have made the top 10 yet didn't even make it into the top 100!

Rolling Stone Mag Top 100 Guitar Songs
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:13 pm

what do both rolling stone magazine and the rock hall have in common? jann wenner! what's this guy's problem with alice? coincidence? I just plain think not.anywho,steven,you're spot on-how can "school's out" or even "no more mr. nice guy" be left off? it's sick-and not the good kind.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Maybe it has something to do with Ahmet Ertegun. He is the founder of Atlantic records also founder/chairman of RRHOF.

Was Alice ever signed with Atlantic? I bet if he had been he would of been in a long time ago.

From this foxnews article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1966,00.html

"I saw how artists were sometimes chosen for nomination because of their affiliations with the directors of the Hall and others were shot down without so much as a moment of consideration simply because some people in that room didn't like them personally or because an artist had bad blood with someone calling the shots."

And MORE importantly:

"On the other hand, I saw how Atlantic Records artists were routinely placed into nomination with no discussion at all, due to the large concentration of Atlantic executives on the committee."
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:00 pm

welcome to my nightmare was on atlantic-needless to say,alice has bought more than a few dinners for ahmet based on this recording alone.maybe he needs a reminder from the spider...the black widow.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Yeah, School's Out should have made the list in my opinion as well. But it's not the only great guitar song missing, notice for example that Smoke on the Water isn't on the list.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:26 pm

are you serious? I don't even want to view this list at all..smoke on the water IS guitar....disgusting subjectivity!!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm

>maybe he needs a reminder from the spider...the black widow.

That would be difficult as Ertegun died in 2006, so he's probably no longer in any position to influence who gets voted into the Hall Of Fame (and that subject has been discussed here before, so hopefully this thread won't go off into that particular tangent).

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 pm

[quote="nimsowner"]Maybe it has something to do with Ahmet Ertegun. He is the founder of Atlantic records also founder/chairman of RRHOF.

Was Alice ever signed with Atlantic? I bet if he had been he would of been in a long time ago.

thats where you are wrong. alice cooper was on atlantic. solo.

so why isnt he in now, after all he was on atlanitc.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I would of thought "I'm Eighteen" would be there , If Schools Out wasn't !
One of them should be there.

To Swinger....
In my opinion..."My Woman From Tokyo" or "Highway Star" is way better than Smoke on the water. I love Deep Purple ! :grin:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 am

hywel wrote:Was Alice ever signed with Atlantic?
I believe Welcome To My Nightmare was on Atlantic.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 am

doesn't look like we're reading one another's posts!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:29 pm

daytripper63 wrote:To Swinger....
In my opinion..."My Woman From Tokyo" or "Highway Star" is way better than Smoke on the water. I love Deep Purple ! :grin:
I didn't mean it as it was their greatest song, more like it's usually considered to be one of the greatest guitar songs and it's not on there. In fact there's no Deep Purple included at all.

I kinda love them to (they were the first rock band I got into).
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Album Reviews

Post by Seriously » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 am

Through the above link i thought to look at RS album reviews of Alice, very disparaging to say the least, this magazine is not worth toilet paper. There is obviously a conspiracy (well my theory anyway) going on and the RRHOF. Not knowing enough about this guy jann wenner, so I'm going to leave some comments on this site to see how he likes it! :angry:

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:10 pm

For the longest time now, I honestly have come to a conclusion that its not Alice's contributions to music or anything of that nature that is keeping him out of the RnR HOF, but sadly because of his political beliefs. Like me, Alice is a Republican and I honestly believe that is what is his keeping him out. Then again, I could be wrong.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 pm

>Like me, Alice is a Republican and I honestly believe that is what is his keeping him out. Then again, I could be wrong

I doubt that has anything to do with it. After all, Johnny Ramone was reportedly a Republican and that didn't seem to stop him from getting into the Hall Of Fame.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Wouldn't I be right in thinking that Sammy Hagar is also a Republican supporter who appears in the Hall of Fame? :/ There must be quite a few of them?
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Perhaps I should grow up.

Post by Seriously » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:17 pm

This is what I posted.

"No Pearl Jam, Alice Cooper, Peter Green or Gary Moore. Whoever done this list and I know it can be quite subjective, but Dire Straits! Why not include The Sweet, The Monkeys or Cliff Richard. Get it sorted Jann (site wouldn't allow me to subit his full name ,PRAT!) or maybe its time for me to move to a more relevant magazine. Dreadful!"

Mr Wenner seems to be a bit sensitive about his name being printed in such forums - poof! Likes calling the shots from behind the desk no doubt. :nono:

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:42 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Like me, Alice is a Republican and I honestly believe that is what is his keeping him out. Then again, I could be wrong

I doubt that has anything to do with it. After all, Johnny Ramone was reportedly a Republican and that didn't seem to stop him from getting into the Hall Of Fame.
thats right johnny was quite extreme about his views as a republican. though i didnt agree with them. i still love the music. as a note the ramones single 'bonzo goes to bitzburg' a cracker about reagan visiting germany had to renamed 'my brain is hanging upside down.' coz johnny wasn't happy about the original title, so it all says.