Alice band members past and present best albums

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Be on mars
Trash
Trash

Alice band members past and present best albums

Post by Be on mars » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 pm

As someone who has purchased many of Alice’s band members albums i was curious as to what everyones favourites would be? So heres mine.
1. Dennis Dunnaway, bones from the yard.
2. Kane Roberts, Kane Roberts
3. Tommy Henriksen, Tommy Tommy Tommy.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Alice band members past and present best albums

Post by revinkevin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 pm

For me hands down anything by Beasto Blanco with Chuck Garric.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 pm

“Bones From The Yard” by The “DDP” for me, is the best solo effort by all band members since the original band broke up, period. No filler tracks at all.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:25 pm

Kane roberts - He has a great output. Saints and Sinners is classic album.
Kip Winger - Winger is solidly great - in the heart of the young is always a fave
Ken Mary - His chastain stuff is great but so is fifth angel

Tommy - tommy tommy tommy - brilliant album
Ryan - i guess his roxie 77 stuff
Nita - the call of the void
Chuck - Beasto Blanco debut album is by far the strongest for me

Dennis Dunaway - Bones from the yard is good
Neal - I guess platinum god - but none of it is great.
Michael Bruce - none of it. i dont like any of it to be honest.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 pm

Bones from the Yard from Dennis

Rock Candy from Orianthi (Void is one of the best tracks ever)

I haven't listened to Tommy or Ryans releases. Kane never really impressed me as a songwriter, but what the heck, on these recommendations, I'll give them a go. But Winger was not for me, never like them or that type of music.

Others? There are songs I like, here and there, but not entire albums (Solitary Rave from Beasto Blanco is aces)

Michael Bruce? When I listened to "In My Own Way" I thought there were inspired moments, a bit or a piece where I'd think, "this song had potential, but I needed more, another pass through". Or maybe what it needed was input from Dennis, Neal, Alice, Glen... something to help flesh it out and improve it. It emphasized, for me, how important the collective band effort was in that group.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 pm

Gotta stand up for Roxie... 'Peace, Love and Armageddon' and 'Two Sides To Every Story' are two of the best albums released by ANYONE in the last two decades.

I agree 'Bones From The Yard" as the best "non-Alice" solo album by any of the original band, but don't forget the Blue Coupe albums which are also excellent and everyone should check them out.

And Beasto are also great, especially the first album.

In the end it's all down to taste, as none really try to sound like Alice Cooper, and nor should they!

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm

Your right, it comes down to personal taste - I wasn't naturally into harder rock, The Beatles were my end all and be all as a kid, and Helter Skelter probably helped ease me into that style of music, but in the 60s (along with the Beatles) I was into Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Melanie, the folkies... in the 70s I started to experiment and branch out, I liked Queen, Bowie, and then found Alice Cooper, who did that dirty shock rock better than anyone, but they were also melodic and gave you catchy hooks (and when I later learned who they liked and listened to as teens, their influences, you can see where that came from).

So yeah, I didn't start with Alice and that type of music, I had to find my way to it, he was my entry to that world.

With that in mind, because of this thread and what Si said, I'm listened to Live Fast and Die Loud by Beasto right now, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I see the Roxie's at Bandcamp and will sample them next (he can be pretty hookie, Beatleseque, so that'll probably be a good fit). Then Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, which is at Spotify.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 am

For me the best albums released by AC band Members are MB's Halo of Ice and Alive and Re-Cooperated: The Second Coming of Michael Bruce. Both albums were recorded live in concert in Iceland w/Michael's Icelandic backing band. I realize that the entire former album and most of the latter album consist of live versions of ACG songs, therefore they can't be compared with albums like Neal's Platinum God (as an example) or even MB's In My Own Way.

Ted

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:04 am

Bones from the yard is simply amazing, and as everyone has stated before, the best effort by any of the original members. Dennis is absolutely brilliant as aways.

In my own way comes second to me.

Saints and Sinners third.

If I go on, Ryan’s Love, Peace and Armaggedon would definitely come next.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:42 am

I’d put Ted’s choice of “Mike Bruce’s” Halo Of Ice and Re-Cooperated 2nd after The “DDP” Bones From The Yard…and Chucks first Beasto Blanco album 3rd.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:52 pm

Most of my favourite albums have already been mentioned.

Ryan Roxie has put out some great stuff - Two Sides to Every Story, The Ameriswede EP, and Imagine Your Reality.

I also love Orianthi's Rock Candy. O is quite good as well. Also, Addicted to Love is an insanely catchy song (from the Believe reissue).

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:04 am

lordcatfish wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:52 pm
Most of my favourite albums have already been mentioned.

Ryan Roxie has put out some great stuff - Two Sides to Every Story, The Ameriswede EP, and Imagine Your Reality.

I also love Orianthi's Rock Candy. O is quite good as well. Also, Addicted to Love is an insanely catchy song (from the Believe reissue).
That's why I wish Orianthi was in the band longer and had a chance to write some songs with Alice, Tommy, Ryan, etc. I think she would've been a wonderful asset in that department

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:24 am

ive only heard a handful of orianthi singles and never liked them. Maybe i have just heard the wrong stuff. I might try out an album if i can find it cheap.

DeadBaby
Trash
Trash

Post by DeadBaby » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 am

Surprised there has been no love for Black Star Riders……

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:19 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:24 am
ive only heard a handful of orianthi singles and never liked them. Maybe i have just heard the wrong stuff. I might try out an album if i can find it cheap.
Rock Candy really is good get that one in particular. I like the second? single Fire together a lot myself. Guitar work is just exquisite all over the album.

Tommy Tommy Tommy is my favourite of them all.

I do like original band members' production in general a lot, but I just seem to tune to ACG instead.

Atlanta Santa
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlanta Santa » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:45 pm

A lot of very good stuff out there! And I've listened to many side projects.
But if I had to pick a Top 5, it would look like this:

Roxie77 - Peace, Love And Armageddon
Kane Roberts - Saints and Sinners
Michael Bruce - In My Own Way
Dick Wagner - Rock Hitstory
Roxie77 - Two Sides To Every Story
I got a job in atlanta in a mall playing santa

Atlanta Santa
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlanta Santa » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:48 pm

DeadBaby wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 am
Surprised there has been no love for Black Star Riders……
Very good band!
I also love The Almighty with Pete Friesen.
I got a job in atlanta in a mall playing santa

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:41 am

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Dick Wagner’s 70’s solo effort? I haven’t actually heard it myself but I thought some of you would have.
When I first heard Michael Bruce’s In My Own Way on the remastered CD in the early 2000’s I didn’t think too much of it. Later I got the original Polydor vinyl and I actually played it quite a lot and enjoyed it. Recently I listened to it again via streaming and got bored pretty quickly.
I really do need to check out Dennis’s Bones From The Yard, everyone seems quick to praise that one.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:47 pm

Besides Alice's long solo career (which I enjoy even more than the original band as great as they are), here goes with the other members.

With the original guys, Dennis Dunaway's "Bones From the Yard" is a masterpiece. It legitimately could be an Alice album and it rocks from start to finish. If you don't own that album, try and find a copy. It is great. Everything else Dennis has done has been decent as well but Bones is his masterpiece.

I have never really cared for any other of the original band's solo stuff but the Billion Dollar Babies band they formed had potential. The one album they did while not perfect had its moments.

As far as some of Alice's solo band members material:

Kane Roberts-His Saints and Sinners album was terrific. Love that album. The rest of it is decent.
Nita Strauss-I like both of her solo albums.
Ryan Roxie-He has actually played in a variety of bands and his Imagine Your Reality solo album is solid. However, my favorite project outside of Alice that he has done was the album he did with Electric Angels. That album rocks.
Chuck Garric: Love the Beasto Blanco albums. Beasto is probably my favorite of the entire bunch.
Tommy H-He is a really talented dude but the material he has done outside of Alice, I am most interested in is what he is working on now, Crossbone Skully. I love the songs I have heard so far.

Let me also throw in Kip Winger is a really talented guy. I like a lot of the stuff he has done with Winger and he also has had quite a career doing classical music and some solo stuff outside of Winger the band.