Alice UK presale 10am tomorrow

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice UK presale 10am tomorrow

Post by alicefannor » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Fingers crossed for a new Hammersmith dvd / blu ray :) :)

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:14 pm

Fingers crossed for a new Hammersmith dvd / blu ray
As long as the crowd is not as horrible as the brutal planet one - shocking - that should be exhibit a to z of why seats suck.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 pm

all these rumours about TM supposedly being investigated were obviously wrong, or they've dumped cash into someone's back pockets. how a company can be allowed to instigate "dynamic pricing" is disgusting. I thought there were rules about selling for the quoted price on a product, what would happen if petrol stations and supermarkets introduced that? we make the same arguments every tour, and every next tour, not a thing has changed.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:39 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:14 pm
Fingers crossed for a new Hammersmith dvd / blu ray
As long as the crowd is not as horrible as the brutal planet one - shocking - that should be exhibit a to z of why seats suck.
A seated crowd is not prefered....

I hope he'll record a regular set in a nice venue, though, instead of a festival set in a large open field somehwere :)

(I'll take anything - but Hammersmith 2009/Paris 2017 have a distinct character to them, which Hellfest 2022 does NOT. Simply cause of the surroundings in which it was recorded)

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:28 am

A friend got me pre- sale tickets for Glasgow which weren't brilliant. On Friday I got another 2 tickets much closer to the front. God I miss queuing for tickets, chatting to those around you, the excitement building as you get closer to the ticket booth. Damn you internet.

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Post by Prometheus77 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:45 pm
Can we please watch the language. I know it's an very emotive topic but there are rules against swearing on this board. There are ways of saying what you want to say without the profanity.
And no, it's not because I find it offensive or anything like that. It relates to how the site gets classed in some search engines etc. (or so I am told).

Thanks.
Really?? Aren't we all grown ups here, who can talk however the hell we want to talk?? To go in someone's post and edit it is kinda **** up. Can't you just switch on the feature that masks whatever word offends you and we can still say what we want to say?? Also I think whoever told you that was bullshitting you. Even if true, why does it matter? At this point, who is going to search for an Alice Cooper forum on a search engine? It's not like there is a million and you're gonna end up on page 999. If I search for Alice Cooper forum on Google there are exactly 3 that show up. Also complaining about language on a forum about the rock "villain" Alice Cooper is a bit hypocritical.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:49 pm

Prometheus77 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:14 pm
Really?? Aren't we all grown ups here, who can talk however the hell we want to talk?? To go in someone's post and edit it is kinda **** up. Can't you just switch on the feature that masks whatever word offends you and we can still say what we want to say?? Also I think whoever told you that was bullshitting you. Even if true, why does it matter? At this point, who is going to search for an Alice Cooper forum on a search engine? It's not like there is a million and you're gonna end up on page 999. If I search for Alice Cooper forum on Google there are exactly 3 that show up. Also complaining about language on a forum about the rock "villain" Alice Cooper is a bit hypocritical.
1. No, not everyone is an adult here. There is no age limit.

2. There IS a feature turned on to mask words. It doesn't catch everything but it is there. For example I haven't edited your post above, so you can see that it is working. But the point is that you shouldn't be using such words here to start with, as you agreed not to when you signed up. Of course what is a profanity varies in different places and to different people (Americans often see "hell" as swearing, but I don't), but there are a handful of specific words that are masked out and not allowed here.

3. It matters because of how some search engines rate a site and decide if it's "adult content" or not. It's certainly may not be as true now as it was years ago but it's in there. But in the end that doesn't really matter as it's the rules of the board.

4. No, people don't generally search for "Alice Cooper Forum", but that's also irrelevant. The public part of the forum is indexed the same as any other web page, so searching almost anything could bring up a page of the forum if those keywords have been used.

5. Why is it hypocritical? Have you not noticed over the last 50+ years Alice himself doesn't swear, either on stage or in interview? We simply follow his lead. *I* believe it leads to a better overall atmosphere in general.

Additionally: This is MY forum and I pay to host it for you, and these are MY rules which YOU agreed to when you signed up. It's completely up to you whether you play by the rules or decide to leave.
When you signed up you also agreed that the moderators decision is final. When someone breaks the rules we decide whether to remove the whole post, or just edit it so that the basic post remains. In most situations I do the latter so that the posters opinion is retained.

At the end of the day you are coming into MY house, and should respect the few rules I have about conduct here.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:50 pm

Well said Si.

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Post by Prometheus77 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:04 pm

Si wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:49 pm
1. No, not everyone is an adult here. There is no age limit.

2. There IS a feature turned on to mask words. It doesn't catch everything but it is there. For example I haven't edited your post above, so you can see that it is working. But the point is that you shouldn't be using such words here to start with, as you agreed not to when you signed up. Of course what is a profanity varies in different places and to different people (Americans often see "hell" as swearing, but I don't), but there are a handful of specific words that are masked out and not allowed here.

3. It matters because of how some search engines rate a site and decide if it's "adult content" or not. It's certainly may not be as true now as it was years ago but it's in there. But in the end that doesn't really matter as it's the rules of the board.

4. No, people don't generally search for "Alice Cooper Forum", but that's also irrelevant. The public part of the forum is indexed the same as any other web page, so searching almost anything could bring up a page of the forum if those keywords have been used.

5. Why is it hypocritical? Have you not noticed over the last 50+ years Alice himself doesn't swear, either on stage or in interview? We simply follow his lead. *I* believe it leads to a better overall atmosphere in general.

Additionally: This is MY forum and I pay to host it for you, and these are MY rules which YOU agreed to when you signed up. It's completely up to you whether you play by the rules or decide to leave.
When you signed up you also agreed that the moderators decision is final. When someone breaks the rules we decide whether to remove the whole post, or just edit it so that the basic post remains. In most situations I do the latter so that the posters opinion is retained.

At the end of the day you are coming into MY house, and should respect the few rules I have about conduct here.
Yeah. I can see children flooding this space to talk about Alice Cooper. ;)

So if it isn't caught as in not one of the words, then what's the problem? Apparently **** is a dealbreaker. One of the most commonly used words ever.

Yeah. Just stick to arbitrary rules, even if they are not relevant anymore?? Makes sense.

But he does get beheaded every night on stage and portrays himself as the villain. That is fine, but some words aren't??

Yeah, well, maybe this isn't the place for me, when someone likes to tell me how I can talk, like we're in Kindergarten.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:14 pm

Prometheus77 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:04 pm
Yeah, well, maybe this isn't the place for me, when someone likes to tell me how I can talk, like we're in Kindergarten.
No one is telling you how to talk.
All that is asked is that you respect the rules put in place over 20 years ago for the benefit of all. It really isn't that hard. If you are incapable of doing that then maybe don't post, however most people are perfectly able to express themselves without swearing.
I have asked you as politely as I can to not use bad language here... I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:10 am

I swear like the proverbial sailor in real life (only because my brain uses swear words as a holding pattern while it thinks of the next word.) but i also know in certain circumstances i do not swear - not swearing on a alice forum is hardly a big ask. I get that the whole ticket/seated thing is annoying (it genuinely drives me mad) but its not the fault of Si and his request was both reasonable and asked perfectly politely. Lets just chill out so we all can continue to moan about seating/tickets

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:29 am

killer wolf wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 pm
all these rumours about TM supposedly being investigated were obviously wrong, or they've dumped cash into someone's back pockets. how a company can be allowed to instigate "dynamic pricing" is disgusting. I thought there were rules about selling for the quoted price on a product, what would happen if petrol stations and supermarkets introduced that? we make the same arguments every tour, and every next tour, not a thing has changed.
They’ve been stalling in providing documentation for the investigation and have just been subpoenaed. These things can take years once the legal teams kick in.