BSB 50th anniversary 2cd / 3 lp out in March

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: BSB 50th anniversary 2cd / 3 lp out in March

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:59 pm

I can only compare it to what I have (including the original LP release)

It's vastly superior to the tinny original CD from the 80s, but just about anything would improve on that. Is it vastly superior to the 2001 remaster, not to my ears, maybe a shade bassier, I dunno, but if it is, it's not a significant upgrade, and it's not a remix, so you're not getting anything different there (and those can be dicey anyway, as evidence by the recent Beatles remixes, where some of the tracks sound incredible, while others ruin what was already perfection (She Said, She Said) - if you want to hear another mix, and have 4 speakers, go for the Quadio BD release.

Of the recent remasters, this is good, like Killer was good. Now, School's Out was great, the best so far IMHO, because it takes the personality of the record, which put Dunaway on the spotlight (and by association Smith, that marriage of drum and bass) and just makes it more bombastic. But that's not really the personality of B$B, which had a higher frequency sound in the production, with often wide-open arrangements (see Generation Landslide, which doesn't smack you in the face, but opens with a jangly guitar, before Neal's rat-a-tat drums enter the picture).

I do adore the booklet, even if some of its old news, I still love their reflections collected like this (no fan memory unfortunately) - and I'm just dying for a Love it to Death remaster if only for the booklet and to see what bonus material they could cobble together for it (and to hear what a remaster would do for it - would it add punch like with School's Out? or be comparable to Killer and B$B?)

I'm glad I bought it, and if you do vinyl, you get the packaging - but vastly superior musically. no, I'd say it was marginally better.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:13 pm

I havent even unwrapped it tbh. I have only brought it in the vein hope we get "deluxe" reissues i actually care about (hey stoopid, raise your fist, last temp, constrictor, Trash, from the inside, special forces etc).

I was pleasantly surprised with killer and SO but considering B$B has all been made available already i feel it is very cheeky they reissued this. I'm sure if they do any more it will be welcome to my nightmare (again) but i live in hope

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:13 pm
I'm sure if they do any more it will be welcome to my nightmare (again) but i live in hope
I get the feeling they’re concentrating on the original band’s releases for the moment. I’d imagine we will get Love It To Death, possibly with an official cleaned up paracidial slumbers?? Maybe some of the demo versions.
Muscle of Love would be great if they can dig up some B$B Holiday tour audio and some demos and outtakes.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

Babysquid wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am
Saint&Sinner wrote:
I'm sure if they do any more it will be welcome to my nightmare (again) but i live in hope
I get the feeling they’re concentrating on the original band’s releases for the moment. I’d imagine we will get Love It To Death, possibly with an official cleaned up paracidial slumbers?? Maybe some of the demo versions.
Muscle of Love would be great if they can dig up some B$B Holiday tour audio and some demos and outtakes.
They were going by anniversaries. Yes, B$B has arrived a year later, which has thrown a spanner in the works for everything to come, but I think that was the original idea, hence the 50th Anniversary tags on Killer, SO AND B$B despite it being late.
I think WTMN is a likely candidate to be done but like you would love to see a nice LITD and MOL to complete the original set.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 am

^^ I too would love to see LITD and MOL DE's released; it's a question of what could/would be added as bonus audio material. The SO DE included a live concert from the Killer Tour, presumably because either a suitable quality show from the SO Tour couldn't be found or the rights to release a quality show couldn't be secured or were too expensive to acquire.

I don't know if good enough quality live material from either the LITD or MOL Tours exists; I have boots of shows from both tours and while I consider them pretty good quality overall for bootlegs, I don't know if either, for example, would be considered good enough quality for official release.

Regarding demos/outtakes, I know they exist for both albums as I have/have heard demos of most of the songs on MOL and I've heard at least one demo of a song on LITD (and I know there's also the demo for a remake of Fields of Regret that was never recorded in final form for the latter album).

Ted

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 am

Si wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am
Babysquid wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am
Saint&Sinner wrote:
They were going by anniversaries. Yes, B$B has arrived a year later, which has thrown a spanner in the works for everything to come, but I think that was the original idea, hence the 50th Anniversary tags on Killer, SO AND B$B despite it being late.
I think WTMN is a likely candidate to be done but like you would love to see a nice LITD and MOL to complete the original set.
They’ve all been late haven’t they? Killer and School’s Out were two years and one year late respectively too.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:47 am

Killer and SO were "announced" by DD during an interview published in early 2018. As 'The Life & Crimes...' box once showed us, often times releases can face lengthy delays in coming out.

Ted

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 pm

I expect Covid really scuppered plans for an orderly set of releases.

Interestingly, both the Killer and School's Out vinyls were officially titled '50th Anniversary Edition' on the vinyl hype stickers, whereas Billion Dollar Babies was not. Oddly, the CD editions of Killer and School's Out were called the 'Really Killer Edition' and 'Extracurricular Edition' respectively (again, Billion Dollar Babies was not given a title).

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:01 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 pm

Interestingly, both the Killer and School's Out vinyls were officially titled '50th Anniversary Edition' on the vinyl hype stickers, whereas Billion Dollar Babies was not. Oddly, the CD editions of Killer and School's Out were called the 'Really Killer Edition' and 'Extracurricular Edition' respectively (again, Billion Dollar Babies was not given a title).
I thought it was being referred to as the "Trillion Dollar Edition" or something similar?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:56 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:01 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 pm

I thought it was being referred to as the "Trillion Dollar Edition" or something similar?
Yes, that term has been used in marketing material but it doesn’t actually feature on any of the packaging. It is referenced in the Good Records Edition though.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 pm

I must say that this version has the most beautiful cover I have ever seen.