Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The 'Secret' Next Album

Post by Babysquid » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:24 am

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:04 am
Would probably be better to set it up in a way where you get a double header of like 15 songs with the solo band, 15 with the ACG, and encore with both.
That’s 30 for the singer , I know he’s fit for his age, but that’s pushing it maybe
That’s actually 31

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:07 am

Would love to see Alice do a GN'R length show.

Saw GN'R last year in Glasgow and Axl nailed it with a 30 song setlist, 1 or 2 off moments but decent for the majority.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 am

rgallie wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:07 am
Would love to see Alice do a GN'R length show.

Saw GN'R last year in Glasgow and Axl nailed it with a 30 song setlist, 1 or 2 off moments but decent for the majority.
Axl nail one show in ten, most of their set is Slash playing the same pentatonic over and over to give Axl some room to recompose and to give him some cover for the Mickey Voice.

Alice is, what?, 20 years?, older? Never puts a bad show, plays many more dates per year, tours with HV and solo. Aaand, still puts out records. To me, he puts this “younger” to their knees.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:31 pm

30 freaking songs? At the least, isn't that a 2+ hour long show? Alice is a powerhouse, no doubt, but I don't think that I have the stamina or desire for something like that anymore. It think that we'll just let them make the decision about it, and be happy with that.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:51 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 am
Axl nail one show in ten, most of their set is Slash playing the same pentatonic over and over to give Axl some room to recompose and to give him some cover for the Mickey Voice.

Alice is, what?, 20 years?, older? Never puts a bad show, plays many more dates per year, tours with HV and solo. Aaand, still puts out records. To me, he puts this “younger” to their knees.
Absolutley I agree with the later.

The A9 is just a pain in the arse to drive up and down EVERY time you want to see a gig so a 3 hour gig was a treat, as Alice always is as well.I hope Alice plays Aberdeen again though, it made a nice change despite being about the same distance drive on an unarguably crapper road, just nice when the scene changes.

Ive seen some of his Mickey Mouse voice shows online, I was still gutted when it got cancelled on the night before the previous year, but it turned out for the best as his voice was much better than what I had been seeing on YT vids.
Dannorama wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:31 pm
30 freaking songs? At the least, isn't that a 2+ hour long show? Alice is a powerhouse, no doubt, but I don't think that I have the stamina or desire for something like that anymore. It think that we'll just let them make the decision about it, and be happy with that.
Yeah just checked the metadata on my mobile photos, G N'R hit the stage at 1950 and finsihed at 2300. No breaks other than solos. Dont think i took a piss till the end and my 1 trip to the bar was a 4 pinter trip that somehow i did not drop.

Was actually a great show, bar queue was fine, no portaloo queue, Axl sounded better than some YT vids would have you think, Axl was joking with the crowd and in a good mood and managed to get my front row spot back when I did go to the bar and back again.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Call me Old School, but I certainly hope that they don't trickle out song after song in the lead-up to release. I know it's the modern thing to do, but by the time the record comes out, you've already heard much of it. I hate that.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:48 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm
Call me Old School, but I certainly hope that they don't trickle out song after song in the lead-up to release. I know it's the modern thing to do, but by the time the record comes out, you've already heard much of it. I hate that.

Agree 100% on that mate

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm
Agreed by the time the album is out there is very little in the way of new listening.

Normally I would say 1 lead single is fine but I dont think they have picked a good lead in recent years.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:01 am

I dont think they have picked a good lead single since the last temptation.
the biggest own goal for me was W2MN - the lead single should have been what baby wants. that was a great tune and could have attracted a good modern crowd, but no. We get the bland stones throwback/rip off.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:42 pm

Looking at the concert dates and trying to read the tea leaves… If there IS a new OG album, we may have to wait for news. Considering that Alice is in Australia in April, then touring Europe in the summer, we may be looking at a mid-year release. Perhaps fall. The advance release info is so far non-existent, and if they wanted to prop up the album with the tour, then it seems like they’d be letting us know by now. I hope it’s sooner than later, but it’s hard to guess what their ideas are. I say this mostly to myself, so I don’t get too anxious for something to pop.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:51 pm

Just throwing it out there... no one has said that any future band album will actually be the next album released...
Just saying.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:51 pm

That’s another thing to consider. All along, I’ve been trying to say “if.” Again, you never know what they’re up to. Let’s hope nobody dies while holding their breath. Ain’t none of us getting any younger.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:16 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:51 pm
Let’s hope nobody dies while holding their breath.
Or participating in any other activities

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:51 pm
Just throwing it out there... no one has said that any future band album will actually be the next album released...
Just saying.
Absolutely. Plus even if the next one is a band album, I think people are assuming that means sometime later this year. Alice didn't really promote last year's Road album that much. I would assume if any new songs are going to be added to the set this year it is going to be one or two Road songs. I would guess it will be 2025 before a new Alice album of any kind comes out.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:09 pm

The album with the OG was recorded some time ago so I would hope that it would be released this year, but yes as Si alluded to, it may not be the next album released. As previously stated above, Alice has other activities planned for 2024, so again it's a waiting game until an official announcement is made and/or something happens, i.e. an upcoming song from the album comes out.

Ted

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:25 pm

Who knows maybe they shelved the project.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:07 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:51 pm
Just saying.
I haven‘t heard it myself, but I‘ve read a comment somewhere (probably on some facebook group) that Alice said on his „Alice‘s Attic“ show that his next album is already done. That kind of sounds like it might be the OG album.
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:03 am

There is also the rumoured album with Desmond and Kane floating around too

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 pm

nurserozetta wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:03 am
There is also the rumoured album with Desmond and Kane floating around too
Hopefully it will be the next🤩
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:46 am

There is also the rumored album with Desmond and Kane floating around too
An album with Desmond and kane?!?!?! i haven't heard of this, is this definitely an album or maybe a song or two they worked on together? i would be bang up for this!