Hellfest 2022

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Hellfest 2022

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:34 pm

It's not just "old" Alice insiders...there are a few others on that stage right now who are not too thrilled either.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:36 pm

It's just not "old" Alice insiders that are upset with a few things....there are people currently sharing the stage with her who are not to thrilled at this point.

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:39 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:32 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:48 pm
Another grandpa here, although not as grumpy. (Well, maybe sometimes.) It has always irked me that these keyboard warriors are very loud when they’re protected by anonymity. My approach has only ever been, “don’t type anything that you wouldn’t say to their face.” Comedians who laugh at their own wit are boring AF.
Provide me a vip meet and greet and I'll say it to her face. I know a few Alice world people who would like to have a few words with her too.
https://nitastraussvip.bigcartel.com/
here ya go. I would invite you along for the orlando show but its sold out

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Is that link fir a freebie?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:25 pm

While your there...you can do your own research and you'll see who's not too happy at the moment. Ask around.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:27 pm

If ezrin this there (i know a remote chance)..possibly have a chat with him too. Ask about the future direction of the live shows.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:44 pm

I'll leave it at this. If you go back through the archives of this site and read old postings of mine that relate to current or future goings on in Aliceland you'll find that the info I receive is pretty accurate. It's not always 100% but you'll find it to be closer to the truth than not.

Time will tell if my info is accurate. If it's not than feel free to pile on me.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:53 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:36 pm
It's just not "old" Alice insiders that are upset with a few things....there are people currently sharing the stage with her who are not to thrilled at this point.
Intriguing to say the least!

I don’t suppose you could elaborate? :)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:29 pm

I'll say this...perfect harmony in any band is nearly impossible to achieve. It all comes down to egos. It's nothing new and there has been tensions between musicians in almost all of Alice's bands...including the original group.

If harnessed and managed correctly you can have one hell of a band as they are all striving to do their best to "outshine" the other(s) which leads to an incredible output.

On the other hand, if it turns into resentment and bitterness it can be a death knell for any band.

There are not too many tours left although I think the HV will be touring longer than solo Alice for many reasons. Also, i think Alice may return to a two guitarist format. I think Kane will finish out the solo tours however many are left in alice.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:29 pm

I know Ezrin doesn’t seem to be a huge fan of hers also. At least that’s what rumored. But in the band, again, can’t see a reason why. Ryan seems to get along with her very well, as do Glen and Tommy. Alice is obvious satisfied with her performance, otherwise he wouldn’t have kept with her for so long, and would have “taken the chance” of her touring with Lovato to keep Kane on the band.

This does leave out Chuck, if my thoughts are right. Maybe his position as the only one continuously touring with Alice for 20 years, without any big break, make him a little bit too egocentric? Doesn’t seem to be that to me, but I don’t have any backstage secret info on that so only making assumptions based on interviews, social media and stage play.

Anyway, Alice keeps saying he’ll be playing until he dies. He might be old but I’m pretty sure he’s very healthy. Maybe instead of Kane he can get Joe to join the band as aerosmith is over now. :clap:
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:20 pm

A bit off topic, but Alice has mentioned more than once that he wants to go on as long as Mick Jagger does, so we have at least 4 more years of Alice, and Mick ain't retiring anytime soon.

And why not do solo and HV stuff? If it keeps him happy, nothing wrong with that.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:26 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:20 pm
A bit off topic, but Alice has mentioned more than once that he wants to go on as long as Mick Jagger does, so we have at least 4 more years of Alice, and Mick ain't retiring anytime soon.

And why not do solo and HV stuff? If it keeps him happy, nothing wrong with that.
I believe the quote is something like "Mick Jagger is 6 years older than me, I figure when he quits, I've got 6 years"

so keep at it, Mick :)

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:29 pm
I know Ezrin doesn’t seem to be a huge fan of hers also. At least that’s what rumored. But in the band, again, can’t see a reason why. Ryan seems to get along with her very well, as do Glen and Tommy. Alice is obvious satisfied with her performance, otherwise he wouldn’t have kept with her for so long, and would have “taken the chance” of her touring with Lovato to keep Kane on the band.

This does leave out Chuck, if my thoughts are right. Maybe his position as the only one continuously touring with Alice for 20 years, without any big break, make him a little bit too egocentric? Doesn’t seem to be that to me, but I don’t have any backstage secret info on that so only making assumptions based on interviews, social media and stage play.

Anyway, Alice keeps saying he’ll be playing until he dies. He might be old but I’m pretty sure he’s very healthy. Maybe instead of Kane he can get Joe to join the band as aerosmith is over now. :clap:
interesting stuff this

if Ezrin isn't a fan, then the argument that he decides what goes and Alice doesn't goes out the window.

at the surface, the touring band seems like a happy bunch, happy to pull in the same direction of the benefit of the show.
If anyone on stage had a problem with Nita, I would assume it was one of the other guitar players, as Nita is, pun intended, a hurricane on stage. In terms of showmanship, flair, and presence, Ryan and Tommy are both in her shadow. Big time. The 3 of them complement each other well, but as far as a performer, there's only one star on that stage in addition to Alice.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:27 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Dannorama wrote:
Another grandpa here, although not as grumpy. (Well, maybe sometimes.) It has always irked me that these keyboard warriors are very loud when they’re protected by anonymity. My approach has only ever been, “don’t type anything that you wouldn’t say to their face.” Comedians who laugh at their own wit are boring AF.
Provide me a vip meet and greet and I'll say it to her face. I know a few Alice world people who would like to have a few words with her too.
So, what’s the few words then?

How dare you do what you have presumably been asked to do as part of your contract I.e. dress in a certain style, play in a certain style and act in a manner which adds energy to the show, entertains the crowd and potentially brings in some more punters?

How dare you ask for and be granted more money presumably by Shep for coming back to the fold after Demi Lovato and how dare Shep and Alice decide not to retain Kane instead?

How dare you look good?

How dare you try and build your own career?

She is a hired gun.Surely, after 50+ years of managing, Shep can or could have had a word with her or are Shep and Alice blinded by her talents, in awe of her personality and outflanked by her superior negotiating skills.

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:23 am

That’s a wrap on Alice Cooper 2023 for me 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️
It’s been an awesome run and a privilege as always to work with my brothers in the band on this amazing show.
It might be hard for outsiders to believe, but after nearly a decade of playing together you truly could not ask for a more tight knit, solid group of people than the ones in this photo (including Sheryl Cooper and Kyler Clark, not pictured).
No matter the circumstances, from on stage snafus to seamlessly covering for each other on the unfortunate occasions when one of us can’t be there- thanks guys 😩- from early morning coffee grumbles on the bus to insta worthy VIP suites and everything in between, we are a family, in all ways, at all times. The love and respect between us is real!
Thank you to Alice and Shep Gordon as always, and all the fans who came out!
See you Sick Things in 2024 ❤️👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️
Up next: my solo tour with Mammoth WVH kicks off Saturday in Milwaukee!

From Nita's facebook

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:04 pm

You know what they should do? Put Mr. Barlow in. I'll bet big money that he'd be great.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:55 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:04 pm
You know what they should do? Put Mr. Barlow in. I'll bet big money that he'd be great.
Kane would do a much better job!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:59 pm

del wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:27 am
mr.barlow wrote:
Dannorama wrote:
So, what’s the few words then?

How dare you do what you have presumably been asked to do as part of your contract I.e. dress in a certain style, play in a certain style and act in a manner which adds energy to the show, entertains the crowd and potentially brings in some more punters?

How dare you ask for and be granted more money presumably by Shep for coming back to the fold after Demi Lovato and how dare Shep and Alice decide not to retain Kane instead?

How dare you look good?

How dare you try and build your own career?

She is a hired gun.Surely, after 50+ years of managing, Shep can or could have had a word with her or are Shep and Alice blinded by her talents, in awe of her personality and outflanked by her superior negotiating skills.
The first rule of being in a band. "Watch your back".

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:45 pm

Oh, you’re trying to help. Think she may have got her defence in first if that’s happening.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:45 pm

del wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:45 pm
Oh, you’re trying to help. Think she may have got her defence in first if that’s happening.
Not trying to help her in the least. I'm hoping Kane comes back for good as he deserves it.

Also ask ANYONE IN ANY BAND if my statement is correct.