Kane Roberts' "Re-Live The End"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Kane Roberts' "Re-Live The End"

Post by glamrockbandit » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:38 am

Hello! Does anyone here by chance remember a release on Kane's old website under the name "Re-Live The End"? Website archives from 2009-2012 show that it was available for download, but the download wasn't archived properly, so I haven't been able to obtain it for further investigation.

Basically, from what I've been able to gather, it was a re-issue of his Under A Wild Sky album (under Phoenix Down), and seems to have been a bit of a predecessor to his Unsung Radio album (which was both an Under A Wild Sky reissue and a compilation of unreleased songs.) This feels like a logical conclusion to come to, as Unsung Radio would replace Re-Live The End on Kane's site down the line.

As I'm trying to further document Unsung Radio, Re-Live The End feels like a piece of the puzzle, and if anyone here happens to have downloaded Re-Live The End and still has it, could you by chance send it my way? Thanks! =}

(P.S. Link attached is to possibly jog anyone's memory, and to serve as proof that this isn't something pulled out of thin air.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110713134 ... /home.html
"I'd sing to the worms, but they'd turn their back! My beats would be under attack!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Kane Roberts' "Re-Live The End"

Post by Si » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:21 am

It's an odd one. Nothing about it anywhere I can find.

Have you tried messaging Kane and asking what the deal is? From your description it occurs to me that "Re-Live The End" and "Unsung Radio" could be basically the same thing?

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:09 am

Si wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:21 am
It's an odd one. Nothing about it anywhere I can find.

Have you tried messaging Kane and asking what the deal is? From your description it occurs to me that "Re-Live The End" and "Unsung Radio" could be basically the same thing?
That's my theory too, I have an odd hunch about it as the timeline so far seems to provide that possibility and seems to imply it as well judging by how Unsung Radio outright replaced it on Kane's old site.

I haven't asked Kane yet, as I wanted to see if maybe someone else knew about it; there's been more than a few times where Kane wasn't sure on a question/didn't remember it well, and I had to look in other places (such as the Flesh FX project he was a part of in the early 2000s and the release date for The Lords Of Tantrazz). I should ask him though, especially given that he and I are friends LOL. It's only a matter of 1. If he gets the free time to answer (something that's very 50/50 at the moment with him working on new music), and 2. If he even remembers it (again, 50/50, his memory isn't exactly photographic lmao).

I'll continue asking around (as I have other potential ideas of who I could ask alongside Kane) and if I find anything I'll update here for anyone else who is curious about it! Thanks for responding!! =}
"I'd sing to the worms, but they'd turn their back! My beats would be under attack!"

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:40 am

So, the update is here! Only took like... less than a month LOL.

And the verdict is... Unsung Radio and Re-Live The End are totally separate. And their similarities are just an uncanny coincidence as far as I can tell. Somehow, the outcome I expected the least.

After asking Bruce Mee (who worked with Kane on Unsung Radio and even Under A Wild Sky), Bruce didn't know what Re-Live The End even was, and it was most likely Bruce's idea to even do Unsung Radio to begin with (likely a suggestion to Kane and he was on-board from there.). So, that's a lucky coincidence, I suppose. LOL. No real connection aside from the commonality of the Under A Wild Sky reissue. It is kinda funny to see that both Kane and Bruce had Under A Wild Sky re-issue plans in their heads, though! (Makes sense given the rocky release it had back during its initial release, actually.)

Though now it makes me wonder if the title (Re-Live The End) had implications that Kane might've assumed Under The Wild Sky was the end for his music releases at the time, after a few unsuccessful music projects (Flesh FX, Touched, etc.), and focusing more on his graphic art/design work. It kinda makes sense in a way, with the timeline itself, and especially given Re-Live pre-dates his Firefest performance, which essentially lit that flame again for him (regardless on if he was happy with the performance or not, it brought a spark back in terms of Kane doing music work; something Kane has stated in the past.). But that's just a bit of a theory. Might have to ask Kane about that one.

Otherwise, Re-Live is exactly as it appears, with no extra tid-bits to be had. Damn. A shame for me who loves these Kane rabbit holes!

So in short: Re-Live The End and Unsung Radio are not connected, and as a result, Re-Live The End has way less depth than I had anticipated. I'll update further if anything else comes from my searches, but until then, I'll keep working on getting my info on Unsung Radio organised! =}

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 am

Sorry if I'm being dense (just woken up) but I'm still unclear exactly what 'Re-Live The End' IS if it isn't 'Unsung Radio'...
A different compilation?

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:11 am

Si wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 am
Sorry if I'm being dense (just woken up) but I'm still unclear exactly what 'Re-Live The End' IS if it isn't 'Unsung Radio'...
A different compilation?
As far as I can tell, pretty much. It's kinda bizarre how Kane has had two entirely different re-issues of Under A Wild Sky as a result. You'd think they WERE connected given their close proximity to one another chronologically, and that key similarity in both of them being UAWS re-issues... but apparently, they aren't connected at all.

...Unless Kane thought "hey, I did do a re-issue of that album, making it a bigger package is a genius idea, we should do it", there's no confirmed connection. And even then, if that is what happened with Kane's thought process, that doesn't exactly make Re-Live a direct origin for Unsung Radio, but rather just a spiritual successor/inspiration lol. And knowing Kane... I really wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened, a lot of his stuff is intertwined in some bizarre ways sometimes.

One thing's for sure: I'm definitely gonna keep trying to get answers from Kane, because truth be told he's the only one who'd know what his thought process was at the time. (...provided he remembers. Fingers crossed.)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:34 pm

I'd think it's nothing more than re releasing the album with unreleased tracks and changing the title.

Likely didn't have new material for a release he could add the unreleased tracks too and felt he could make a few bucks off them if they were out there.

It's likely nothing more than a business decision.

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:15 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:34 pm
I'd think it's nothing more than re releasing the album with unreleased tracks and changing the title.

Likely didn't have new material for a release he could add the unreleased tracks too and felt he could make a few bucks off them if they were out there.

It's likely nothing more than a business decision.
That and Under A Wild Sky was kinda hard to access as I said, it had a rocky release so Kane and Bruce felt a reissue would do some good. And it was a good business decision so I'm not complaining LOL, makes it way easier to access those songs.

Though Kane certainly did have material for a release at the time (such as his still unreleased album Touched), he just kinda focused on this reissue (Re-Live) and then Unsung Radio happened shortly after with Bruce bringing Kane on board, so it shows that hey, in the end that was what was meant to happen.

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 am

So, the verdict is in after like, a month LOL. ...Aaaaand there is NO connection between Re-Live The End and Unsung Radio, according to Kane. Every similarity I noticed, and the timing, it was all coincidence.

Go figure, the one time I think two things are connected in Kane's career, after MANY surprise connections between other things in his career, THIS is the one time it's all coincidence! >=P

Well, at least that mystery is solved. And a lesson learned: no matter what, nothing Kane does is EVER predictable.