Alice Cooper Comic Coming in Oct

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Alice Cooper Comic Coming in Oct

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:45 pm

At the front page there's a link to the solicit, but here's a piece from Bleeding Cool that includes a sample of the interior art (sans lettering).

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rodney- ... r-1-comic/

Not familiar with the writer's work, unlike the previous 2 miniseries from Dynamite. I did enjoy the first one they published years ago, written by Joe Harris (though Dynamites stable of artist are rather iffy for me). The second from Tim Seeley was alright.

I'll likely grab this one, but will have to put a hold on it at the local comic shop, since Amazon has ruined ComiXology (it's unreadable on browsers, which is how I do it... the images are too small) - or I could wait until they release a collected edition (maybe they'll do another Cooper signed HB edition, like they did for the Harris series?)

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper Comic Coming in Oct

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:26 pm

Completely useless info: there is an Alice reference in a 70s Fantastic Four comic. The Thing says something about "being bigger than Alice Cooper." It was a Roy Thomas or Gerry Conway penned issue, I think.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:54 am

That's cool, always like seeing or hearing an Alice name drop or reference in other media. (The Beatles too, like when a Beatles-esque band was featured on the cover of a Batman comic). I recall an old Cinematic Titanic riff on a movie, where a woman's mascara is running, and one of performers made a Cooper quip... obvious, sure, but it made me laugh - that kind of thing is always a kick.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:43 pm

First issue is out. It's been a while since I stepped into a comic book shop, and it was nice to see the place, and the cashier who worked back then is still there.

There's one review posted at Comic Book Roundup (maybe more to come)...

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-book ... r-(2023)/1

Me? I thought it was okay, basic first issue set-up, exposition heavy (but no recap, so anyone who has not read the previous miniseries, will be in the dark as to why Alice is hanging out in the nightmare realm, what he's all about in the comics world... though for long times fans, it'll just seem like a natural fit for Coop).

I found the humor rather corny, but that's right down Alice's alley. It's a simple tale, a very quick read for a $4.99 comic. Art is so/so. All told, it was all right but nothing that's going to set the comics world on fire.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:57 pm

Did they mention Nita? IFf not, why not?

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:09 pm

During a concert shot they show her and Tommy on stage with Alice, but that was about it... and she didn't really look like her.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 pm

I might be the only one reading this, but what the hey, I'll continue to gab about it. The second issue was released today in the States...

https://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProd ... 3476302011

I bought and read the digital copy and enjoyed it a little more than the first ish. I won't go into spoilery details, but Alice receives a gift from heaven to help counter the devil's minions. We get some Satan backstory (what an egoist) and the last page ends on a cliffhanger.

Good fun, but again, a quick read.

Also, if you haven't seen it, here's the YouTube trailer for the series...

https://youtu.be/y0-u1H5QZXM?si=rDbgJXwmIisuv-LD