Re: I'm Alice

Post by Maaki » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:04 pm

Parish wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:26 pm
cooperrocks wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:58 pm
Parish wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:29 pm
Alice's next uninspired rekkid should be cawled, "The Emperor's Clothes" cause apparently, he has legions of fans who won't call him out on anything...
I am not trying to gang up on you but this is what you have to understand....not everyone feels like you do. Peace.
A lot of my anguish comes from the knowledge that the original members would LOVE to record an all-out brand new ACG album but can't get a straight answer or commitment from Vince or his handlers. This frustrates me as they are still alive and capable of knocking one out. Not a bread crumb (pun intended here) gig or a guest album spot but an equal all for one-one for all record. The fact that Dennis (and probably Neal and Michael) are still waiting for their copies of these 50th anniversary releases is an indication of how they are really respected by ReCoupe Enterprises. WTF is that?
A lot of your of your anguish comes from the fact that the original members CAN'T let it go. It has been almost 50 years. In the real world Alice has the commercial power that many people would LOVE to get a piece of.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:12 pm

Parish wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:58 pm
Parish wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:29 pm
Alice's next uninspired rekkid should be cawled, "The Emperor's Clothes" cause apparently, he has legions of fans who won't call him out on anything...
I am not trying to gang up on you but this is what you have to understand....not everyone feels like you do. Peace.
A lot of my anguish comes from the knowledge that the original members would LOVE to record an all-out brand new ACG album but can't get a straight answer or commitment from Vince or his handlers. This frustrates me as they are still alive and capable of knocking one out. Not a bread crumb (pun intended here) gig or a guest album spot but an equal all for one-one for all record. The fact that Dennis (and probably Neal and Michael) are still waiting for their copies of these 50th anniversary releases is an indication of how they are really respected by ReCoupe Enterprises. WTF is that?
HERE HERE. Well said

zzz
Trash
Trash

Post by zzz » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:39 pm

Where do you get that knowledge? I know one original member has consistently not been open to such ideas

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:43 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:12 pm
Parish wrote:
HERE HERE. Well said
As a practically ACG-only Fan, I think I can understand Parish's anguish. Based on recent comments by Alice himself regarding the latest group of songs that the Original Group recorded not very long ago as well as his upcoming album releases, I don't believe a new ACG album can definitely be ruled either in or out at this point. So I'm not completely giving up hope regarding what might happen in the future re. a new (album) release. I know Alice's 'Road' album is upcoming. One thing which I consider quite unlikely - which has been discussed in this Forum Group - is a full tour by the Original Group; I wouldn't rule out say, a show or two (or maybe three :-) or possibly something similar to what happened in the U.K. several years ago: a (small/er) tour with the ACG playing an encore of 5 songs after each full AC solo show.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:10 pm

Parish wrote:
The fact that Dennis (and probably Neal and Michael) are still waiting for their copies of these 50th anniversary releases is an indication of how they are really respected by ReCoupe Enterprises. WTF is that?
It's amazing how you manage to avoid any logic or common sense in some replies...
You surely realise that would be Rhino Records' mistake, not "Vince and his handlers" who have no power over such things as record distribution and sending out promo copies, especially products from a company they don't work for!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:30 am

[/quote]

A lot of my anguish comes from the knowledge that the original members would LOVE to record an all-out brand new ACG album but can't get a straight answer or commitment from Vince or his handlers. This frustrates me as they are still alive and capable of knocking one out.
[/quote]

I was under the impression from some comments Michael accidentally leaked that the next album which apparently is already recorded was an original band album ?

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:51 am

Heard that too although I have serious doubts. Wish it was true but probably more along the lines of a few tunes mixed in with whoever he’s writing with. But I’ll take it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:23 am

nurserozetta wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:30 am
I was under the impression from some comments Michael accidentally leaked that the next album which apparently is already recorded was an original band album ?
That IS the impression he gave, yes.
There have been other little things as well that in combination could reasonably lead you to that conclusion as well.
However you have to keep in mind that plans can change and it would be very early to talk too much about another album (if it exists) when they haven't even released this one yet. It would muddy the waters and confuse people.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 am

Where did Michael make these comments? I totally missed it.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:15 am

[
However you have to keep in mind that plans can change and it would be very early to talk too much about another album (if it exists) when they haven't even released this one yet. It would muddy the waters and confuse people.
[/quote]

If I see what comments are made on the new album from which we only heard one song so far...
What to expect if an ACG new record would ever be released ? Comparisons with LITD, Killer, SO, BDB... ?? Would it ever be good enough, if you take into consideration that even MOL, with the originals, didn't always get the appreciation it deserved ? I for one am grateful to have and the ACG records and the solo Alice..for all these years. And to have the active participation of DD on this site. What more to wish for :) !
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:55 am

Nick wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 am
I believe the video was removed. It was awhile ago.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:04 am

del wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:17 am
I am a 6 moving towards a 7/10. Wasn’t convinced initially but it is in the head now. Watched the video which strangely made a positive difference as well. A friend who came in around the time of Fistful of Alice and has no love for ACG beyond some of the live versions gives a very solid 8.
I'm still around the 6 mark...not a bad song, to be sure, but nothing that really grabs Me at the moment. Will be interested in hearing the rest of the album as August gets closer.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

zzz
Trash
Trash

Post by zzz » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:12 pm

I don't understand why some people ate so fixed on the ACG getting back together. I agree that they were one of the greatest rock bands ever, but it's been almost t decades since they've been broken up, and they're all in their 70s. If they do put out a reunion album I'd be excited, and I'm sure it would be good, but we're not getting another LitD or Killer. Keep the Stooges reunion albums in mind

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:39 pm

Si wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:55 am
Nick wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 am
I believe the video was removed. It was awhile ago.
Actually, the video is still online. Perhaps a link to it in this Forum was removed?

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:39 pm
Actually, the video is still online. Perhaps a link to it in this Forum was removed?
Ted
Okay.
Yes, the forum link was removed by request.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:28 pm

zzz wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:12 pm
I don't understand why some people ate so fixed on the ACG getting back together. I agree that they were one of the greatest rock bands ever, but it's been almost t decades since they've been broken up, and they're all in their 70s. If they do put out a reunion album I'd be excited, and I'm sure it would be good, but we're not getting another LitD or Killer. Keep the Stooges reunion albums in mind
That is 100 percent my take as well. Look the original band era was good no doubt but so is Alice's solo career as well. It seems like Alice (the singer) takes a lot of the brunt of this stuff because he had the audacity to actually go on with his career and be successful. Nothing at against Michael Bruce but he was originally the one who wanted to do a solo album and Alice followed suit. The difference being Alice's did well. Most bands have a 10 year run at best and then begin to split. Times change and technology changes. For instance in the early 70's anything fairly dark was controversial and different because it was coming right after the 60s peace and love and flower power era. Then times changed again. In the 80s, you had bands like say W.A.S.P. that were doing shock rock kind of Alice like and then they faded in popularity. Then you had Marilyn Manson and he has faded. Rob Zombie is a film maker and his brand of shock rock is now considered just entertainment and almost kid friendly. My point being here, change is always going to happen and you can't go home again.

I know like in Nashville when the original band did a few songs, it was fairly cool but frankly my thought was these are all songs I have heard from different lineups and some of the crowd (not everyone but some) were wondering when the current band was coming back out because the energy level changed. On the newer Alice albums were the original band played or contributed a few songs, there was no difference in the quality of songs and on the two on Paranormal were actually my two least favorite songs on the album. Once again not a putdown, but here lies the problem. If you can't get past the original band, were they to do a full fledged reunion album, ACG only fans would claim it was the greatest thing since slice bread whether it was or not and everyone else would state it does not measure up. You cannot expect a group of guys all well into their 70's to write the same way. If anything I would like to see Alice get with a fresh producer someone like say Andrew Watt and go for a heavier, fresher sound. Honestly, with this upcoming tour with Rob Zombie and Filter and Ministry are also in the lineup, if anything Alice throwing in some Brutal Planet and Dragontown stuff along with something like Vengenance is Mine and maybe even some Constrictor/RYFAY songs probably would work better with the audience who may be there for other bands.

And I have zero desire personally to see a tour where it is nothing but original band songs. I want to hear songs throughout Alice's career and a lot of the solo stuff along with some original band songs. I take things era by era. I really like the Kane Roberts era lineup for example and I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album but were, hypothetically speaking, that entire lineup was to reunite that's another example of something I enjoyed but time to move on. Just my two cents.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 am

cooperrocks wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:28 pm
zzz wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:12 pm
That is 100 percent my take as well. Look the original band era was good no doubt but so is Alice's solo career as well. It seems like Alice (the singer) takes a lot of the brunt of this stuff because he had the audacity to actually go on with his career and be successful. Nothing at against Michael Bruce but he was originally the one who wanted to do a solo album and Alice followed suit. The difference being Alice's did well. Most bands have a 10 year run at best and then begin to split. Times change and technology changes. For instance in the early 70's anything fairly dark was controversial and different because it was coming right after the 60s peace and love and flower power era. Then times changed again. In the 80s, you had bands like say W.A.S.P. that were doing shock rock kind of Alice like and then they faded in popularity. Then you had Marilyn Manson and he has faded. Rob Zombie is a film maker and his brand of shock rock is now considered just entertainment and almost kid friendly. My point being here, change is always going to happen and you can't go home again.

I know like in Nashville when the original band did a few songs, it was fairly cool but frankly my thought was these are all songs I have heard from different lineups and some of the crowd (not everyone but some) were wondering when the current band was coming back out because the energy level changed. On the newer Alice albums were the original band played or contributed a few songs, there was no difference in the quality of songs and on the two on Paranormal were actually my two least favorite songs on the album. Once again not a putdown, but here lies the problem. If you can't get past the original band, were they to do a full fledged reunion album, ACG only fans would claim it was the greatest thing since slice bread whether it was or not and everyone else would state it does not measure up. You cannot expect a group of guys all well into their 70's to write the same way. If anything I would like to see Alice get with a fresh producer someone like say Andrew Watt and go for a heavier, fresher sound. Honestly, with this upcoming tour with Rob Zombie and Filter and Ministry are also in the lineup, if anything Alice throwing in some Brutal Planet and Dragontown stuff along with something like Vengenance is Mine and maybe even some Constrictor/RYFAY songs probably would work better with the audience who may be there for other bands.

And I have zero desire personally to see a tour where it is nothing but original band songs. I want to hear songs throughout Alice's career and a lot of the solo stuff along with some original band songs. I take things era by era. I really like the Kane Roberts era lineup for example and I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album but were, hypothetically speaking, that entire lineup was to reunite that's another example of something I enjoyed but time to move on. Just my two cents.
That was my first thoughts too about the ACG reunion. I would like to hear some fresh with a new producer like Andrew Watt. He did it well with Ozzy and Iggy. A bit darker and heavier like the last albums
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:14 pm

Andrew Watt... God no. Those new Ozzy albums are terrible from both a production and song writing stand point (although I'm aware Watt wasn't the sole song writer)

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:43 pm

Maaki wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:04 pm

A lot of your of your anguish comes from the fact that the original members CAN'T let it go. It has been almost 50 years. In the real world Alice has the commercial power that many people would LOVE to get a piece of.
And where did he get that commercial power from?
Oh yeah, it was from all the original ACG songs that he obsconded with when he so graciously "Took the name" Alice cause EVERYONE was calling him that anyway.

Anyway...it's a new week - lets argue about something else shall we? :alice: ;)

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:44 pm

Si wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:10 pm
It's amazing how you manage to avoid any logic or common sense in some replies...
You surely realise that would be Rhino Records' mistake, not "Vince and his handlers" who have no power over such things as record distribution and sending out promo copies, especially products from a company they don't work for!
Quick question...do you think Vince is still waiting on his copies? ::((:

They are actually available on Amazon for one day delivery so in the event of some unforeseen delivery snafu someone from Rhino perhaps an executive head could pony up the bank breaking $40.00 and send them to Dennis as a thank you gift...