Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: I'm Alice

Post by Parish » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pm

MacQueen wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:54 pm
As I disliked evrything from Hollywood Vampires through Detroit Stories
I automatically don't give a damn about Magic Bus and Neo Road Rats. Like others have said: Alice should save the covers for the Vampires.
Puh-lease don't get me started with this nauseating vanity project.

If this "group" thinks it's paying "tribute" to any one of the songs they cover they are as delusional as the fans who adulate their celebrity.

zzz
Trash
Trash

Post by zzz » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:40 pm

There's nothing wrong with the first Hollywood Vampires album, it was a good hard rock cover album, nothing more nothing less

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:48 pm

zzz wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:40 pm
There's nothing wrong with the first Hollywood Vampires album, it was a good hard rock cover album, nothing more nothing less
The only thing wrong with that album is its existence...

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:01 pm

Could this be the opener to future concerts?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:32 pm

Now its all about the money and not the craft.
That statement is nonsense. I understand someone not liking it - art is subjective which is 100% fine. But do you seriously think alice "makes" money off album productions? i mean dont get me wrong he wont lose money , but he definitely isnt making loads.

He makes albums because he loves to create music, he is delivering good music and sometimes great music into his 70s - how can you not appreciate that? from your post it seems you are a band fan and not any more. but to say his lyrics have been rubbish/careless or whatever you think is just wrong. He has had some bad ones in the 40+ years as a solo artist but he also had some bad ones in the 5+ years as a band......

I think its a good 6/10 song which i think could have been better but given the remit of essentially being "live" i think its brilliant. really enjoy it and cannot wait for the album

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:44 pm

Parish wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:50 pm
Alice has completely lost the ability to write a good song.
Once Vince flipped the switch and decided to be a "villian" instead of a legit musician everything has been sung as Snidley Whiplash instead of as the deranged lead singer of the Alice Cooper Group.
Remember him? The Coop?
You know....the one who actually put some work into the lyrics on albums like LITD, Killer, School's Out, B$B, Muscle Of Love...
Alice co-wrote many of the songs on the above mentioned albums with stellar songwriters: namely, the other Members of the Original Group.

Ted

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:39 am

The most recent album on that list is 50 years ago. If you think he’s going to produce the same kind of material today even with the same producer and musicians you’re fooling yourself.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:00 am

I find the music pretty likable. The lyrics come across as typical solo Alice fare which more often than not is light-hearted and digestible to a more mainstream audience. When a song like When Hell Comes Home is written, it is great to hear, but that kind of dark vibe has only appeared scarcely in his solo career, so I find these lyrics to at least be above average in that regard.

The production is yet again lackluster, but in my opinion, the song itself is a definitely winner for latter day Alice compared to at least 3/4 of the output over the past 15 years.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:07 am

50 years of negativity must be a difficult cross to carry. I can never understand those who hang about to constantly and negatively compare a band which died 50 years ago after a relatively short career with a singer who has managed to navigate the next half century. Is it still the blame game?

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:17 am

I am a 6 moving towards a 7/10. Wasn’t convinced initially but it is in the head now. Watched the video which strangely made a positive difference as well. A friend who came in around the time of Fistful of Alice and has no love for ACG beyond some of the live versions gives a very solid 8.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:11 am

Been listening several times now, really like it. When a new album arrives I'm always (well at least the last years), hoping that it is not the album too much, you know. Wasn't the case with Paranormal (really liked it), Detroit Stories also doing very well imho... This single gives me hope for the rest of the album. So far the initial comments on the net are positive too, as most (.. ) of the postings here.
you really wouldn't understand..

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:34 pm

del wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:07 am
50 years of negativity must be a difficult cross to carry. I can never understand those who hang about to constantly and negatively compare a band which died 50 years ago after a relatively short career with a singer who has managed to navigate the next half century. Is it still the blame game?
With the exception of Glen (whose demise could easily be attributed to being dumped on the side of the road) the band is not dead.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:35 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:44 pm
Parish wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:50 pm

You know....the one who actually put some work into the lyrics on albums like LITD, Killer, School's Out, B$B, Muscle Of Love...
Alice co-wrote many of the songs on the above mentioned albums with stellar songwriters: namely, the other Members of the Original Group.

Ted
Thanks Ted for supporting my point.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:42 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:32 pm
That statement is nonsense. I understand someone not liking it - art is subjective which is 100% fine.
All good points but all I hear/read between album releases is how much the fans want either A) A reunion or B) for Alice to stop with the same tired, same themed songs over and over again.

My extremely low bar for a good song is "Would I play it a second time?"

I actually bought Detroit Stories and returned it WITHOUT MAKING A COPY because it was just so embarrassing.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:12 pm

It's like a broken record.
"I don't like it therefore its worthless, and no one else should like it because I am right and you are all wrong, and you don't have the right to an opinion unless it's mine. I have no interest in listening to new Alice or going to the shows because it's all completely awful, but I will disparage all those who do just because I feel superior in every way and more important then you. In fact it's incredibly frustrating that you people actually have minds of your own and actually like things I don't!"

It is SO BORING!

It's one thing to say you don't like something, that's fine, but have some respect for people who have differing tastes and DO like it. Calling people "Delusional" just because they might like a record is stoopid.

And for what it's worth, I agree the band albums (+WTMN) were by far the high point of Alice's career, but NOT that he hasn't released anything I like since. And I also haven't played Detroit Stories since it came out.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:28 pm

My first comment/ point was...

"Alice has completely lost the ability to write a good song.
Once Vince flipped the switch and decided to be a "villain" instead of a legit musician everything has been sung as Snidley Whiplash instead of as the deranged lead singer of the Alice Cooper Group..."

This is true in my opinion.

He's writing Steven King "evil/scary" short stories instead of quality ACG style songs.
For gods sake stop with the psycho-spider-evil clown-cartoon sized top hat...the list goes on.

I haven't played an Alice Cooper album more than once since "Brutal Planet" and that was a loooong time ago.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:31 pm

The topic was "I'm Alice" and you were looking for reviews...sorry I didn't adjust to my clone status
and gush about how great it was...

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:32 pm

5/10 for me, if that. TLT is one of my fave solo efforts, not really getting that vibe myself ? More like the vibe of King Herod from the Jesus Christ musical

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:38 pm

Parish wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:31 pm
The topic was "I'm Alice" and you were looking for reviews...sorry I didn't adjust to my clone status
No one expects anyone to gush about it. But all you had to say was, "I don't like it." The rest is your tired, boring drivel that you've posted many times before.

Alice isn't what you want him to be. Alice is what Alice wants to be. Lots of us enjoy that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Parish wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:31 pm
I wasn't looking for anything actually... I simply posted to let people know what time the new single would be available, as I thought the vast majority on this forum would be interested in hearing it. And obviously no one is expected to "gush" about something if they don't like it. That's just silly.

And again you just insulted other fans (and me) by insinuating they are simply clones who will love anything they are given. Clearly that is incorrect as you can see if your read the other comments about the song on this thread. Some love it, some think it's okay, other's not so much. Which is right and proper. None of them are "clones".

The only thing that needs "adjusting" is your attitude to other people and respect for their opinions.