Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: “Road,” August 25, 2023

Post by Parish » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:33 pm
Parish wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:03 pm
Such glowing reviews of the first two releases I can hardly wait to be completely and thoroughly disappointed in August!
Feed My Teenage White Line Frankenstein. One more Frankenstein song and we'll have enough for a Halloween EP.
:rotfl:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:12 pm

Parish wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:33 pm
Parish wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:03 pm
Such glowing reviews of the first two releases I can hardly wait to be completely and thoroughly disappointed in August!
Feed My Teenage White Line Frankenstein. One more Frankenstein song and we'll have enough for a Halloween EP.
:rotfl:
Don't forget "Keepin' Halloween Alive"!
:ghostface: :mb:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:27 pm

Small minded negativity rooted in overblown memories of the past I think..

zzz
Trash
Trash

Post by zzz » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 am

The new song's okay, better than I'm Alice. If these are the worst two songs on the album, we're probably in for a treat. If they're the best two, then that's very disappointing. If I remember correctly, the best songs from Paramormal, like Fireball and Dead Flies weren't put out as 'lead singles'.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47 am

zzz wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 am
If I remember correctly, the best songs from Paramormal, like Fireball and Dead Flies weren't put out as 'lead singles'.
They were not played live either!
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:17 am

2 songs and the album is almost burried by some, together with Ezrin..Never understood what the use is of sharing negative anticipation..
you really wouldn't understand..

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:11 am

initially i wasn't as keen on white line Frankenstein but now im enjoying it allot now. i had it on in the kitchen yesterday and i was bouncing around like an idiot hahaha My mate (who is a cooper fan too) hates i'm alice (which surprises me the hate he has for it) and he liked white line Frankenstein. i'm still massively pumped for the album. cant wait.

i dont think the alice cooper team/camp can pick a single if their life depended on it. I mean they had W2MN and they didnt pick what baby wants? that was a slam dunk hit. even my daughters love that song and they dont give a **** about rock music. Instead they release the lame bite your face off.
I mean look at detroit stories, our love will change the world and rock and roll. give me a break. I mean i like the rock and roll cover enough but shouldnt ever be a single. Our love will change the world, i despise that track with a burning passion.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:20 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:11 am
I mean look at detroit stories, our love will change the world and rock and roll. give me a break. I mean i like the rock and roll cover enough but shouldnt ever be a single. Our love will change the world, i despise that track with a burning passion.
And this here is a perfect example of the diversity of opinions.
I thought Our Love Will Change The World was the best track on DS. It's so off the wall I can totally see why it wouldn't click with everyone though.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:18 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:11 am

i dont think the alice cooper team/camp can pick a single if their life depended on it. I mean they had W2MN and they didnt pick what baby wants? that was a slam dunk hit. even my daughters love that song and they dont give a **** about rock music. Instead they release the lame bite your face off.

Add to the fact the Kesha factor which if released as a single could have tapped into a completely different consumer market.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:09 pm

With regards to WLF... It's better than 'I'm Alice' at least. But for me, it's not great. Seems pretty lyrically poor and a bit devoid of ideas really. Not enjoying the sound of this new record so far. Hopeful there's some better material on there though. Bit surprised by the poor view count on Youtube too.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm

Nick wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:20 am
I thought Our Love Will Change The World was the best track on DS. It's so off the wall I can totally see why it wouldn't click with everyone though.
It's my favorite on the CD as well.

While an objective exploration of a song or album from someone who's studied music theory or whatnot can be fascinating and illuminating (all those scholarly breakdowns of Beatles music for example), when you get into subjective opinion... yeah, that's interesting and curious in its own way as well. Along those lines... I generally, rarely read record reviews, so years later finding out that Zipper Catches Skin wasn't highly regarded was a total surprise to me, I thought, "Hu, go figure, I love that album."

Anyhoo, first time posting - longtime fan (got my first ACG LP at age 13, I'm in my 60s now). I buy every studio album on the day of release and have pre-ordered this one on CD (I still like having physical media). As for the released tracks? Since it's Baseball season here in the States, I'll say that's two at bats, and two strikes. Not real impressed with either. (And I dislike Warrant, so it doesn't help when the chorus to one of them is Warrant-like)

Still going to hold out hope that those are exceptions to the rule, and that I'll find a lot to like come Aug. Of the last 3 releases, W2MN was amazing, I have it ranked at the 10th slot on my personal list. I thought Paranormal and Detroit Stories were both good, not stellar, but good. Crossing fingers for Road.

I really want another late career knockout, a Brutal Planet, or Last Temptation or W2MN, and hope Alice isn't slipping into a safe, old guy territory from here on out.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:37 pm

Agrophile in Texas wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Nick wrote:

While an objective exploration of a song or album from someone who's studied music theory or whatnot can be fascinating and illuminating (all those scholarly breakdowns of Beatles music for example), when you get into subjective opinion... yeah, that's interesting and curious in its own way as well. Along those lines... I generally, rarely read record reviews, so years later finding out that Zipper Catches Skin wasn't highly regarded was a total surprise to me, I thought, "Hu, go figure, I love that album."

Anyhoo, first time posting - longtime fan (got my first ACG LP at age 13, I'm in my 60s now). I buy every studio album on the day of release and have pre-ordered this one on CD (I still like having physical media). As for the released tracks? Since it's Baseball season here in the States, I'll say that's two at bats, and two strikes. Not real impressed with either. (And I dislike Warrant, so it doesn't help when the chorus to one of them is Warrant-like)

Still going to hold out hope that those are exceptions to the rule, and that I'll find a lot to like come Aug. Of the last 3 releases, W2MN was amazing, I have it ranked at the 10th slot on my personal list. I thought Paranormal and Detroit Stories were both good, not stellar, but good. Crossing fingers for Road.

I really want another late career knockout, a Brutal Planet, or Last Temptation or W2MN, and hope Alice isn't slipping into a safe, old guy territory from here on out.
Greetings, young feller. Personally, I am sitting out listening to any teasers. I think it wrecks the album, which I am eager for. I like your "exceptions to the rule" thought. I have found that there are little nuggets of greatness to everything I listen to. There are also some headscratchers, too. Overall, I like the ride, and Alice always gives me something to listen to. Live it up, people. Quit your bitching. These days won't last forever.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:04 pm

del wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:27 pm
Small minded negativity rooted in overblown memories of the past I think..
Ha ha he's so upset that a bunch of us don't like the 2 songs that he thinks we are stuck in 1973. Have a pint of Heavy if this thread is getting to heavy for you.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Not upset. Tired of the negativity. I take a lager instead thanks.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:38 am

del wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:58 pm
Stella response!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:22 am

del wrote:
I have to agree with Del on this. It is one thing for some constructive criticism of a certain song or album. I certainly have done that as most people have. A little bit of objectivity is a good thing. But and I am not singling any one person out but there are a handful of users that already hate a new project before they have even heard a note. Those people are not Alice fans. They may be an era fan but when you like 10-15 percent of an artist 60 year career, you don't really like the artist. I have used for example many times, I love Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime album. I think it is one of the greatest concept albums ever, love it and still enjoy listening to it. But outside of that album, I like only a small handful of other songs. So am I a Queensryche fan? No, because one album doesn't make me a fan.

I just can't imagine why someone who isn't a fan would have any desire to come on a Board for any band other than to try and rile up fans of a particular band, actor, etc. It is juvenile and speaks volumes.

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:55 am

Agrophile in Texas wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Nick wrote:

Excellent points about music reviews and breakdowns and so forth. A well written one can be interesting, but eventually it can start to feel like you're being told why you should or shouldn't like something. If it passes the ear test for me personally then it dont really care how adamantly someone will tell me I shouldnt really like it. I second your opinion on ZCS.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:38 am
del wrote:
Stella response!
Of Coors you would say that!

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:28 pm

Apologies if I may have missed it from a previous post, but Headbanger’s Lifestyle posted a pretty thorough review a couple of weeks ago.

Overall, some interesting insights from the breakdown of each song and the reviewer seems quite impressed. I do think the best is yet to come from Road. It seems like there will be a piano sequence on Big Boots and Road Rats Forever reviving the B$B guitar sound constantly - less than a month to go!

You can check it out here.
https://www.headbangerslifestyle.com/mu ... oper-road/

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:53 pm

andyrew wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:28 pm
Apologies if I may have missed it from a previous post, but Headbanger’s Lifestyle posted a pretty thorough review a couple of weeks ago.
Looks AI generated to me.
Note the reviewer isn't named, and, if as you say it was posted two weeks ago it's very early for an album that is weeks from release. Smells fishy to me.

"Especially Henriksen dominates in the low end and plucks and growls with his wonderful bass melodies. "