Kane Roberts talks about rejoining Alice’s band and writing new songs with him and Bob Ezrin

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Kane Roberts talks about rejoining Alice’s band and writing new songs with him and Bob Ezrin

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:01 am

Interview with Eddie Trunk
https://youtu.be/VcJxzVhSpGU
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Re: Kane Roberts talks about rejoining Alice’s band and writing new songs with him and Bob Ezrin

Post by Rock10 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:24 pm

It is strange that Alice didn't invite him back into the band before if they were friends. He probably needed a big name in the Alice Cooper world to replace Nita.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Kane Roberts talks about rejoining Alice’s band and writing new songs with him and Bob Ezrin

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:40 pm

video link doesnt work. looks like its been taken down.

i thought alice did ask kane to rejoin before, was it in the brtual planet era? i cannot quite remember i am sure i remember someone mentioning it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:47 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:40 pm
video link doesnt work. looks like its been taken down.

i thought alice did ask kane to rejoin before, was it in the brtual planet era? i cannot quite remember i am sure i remember someone mentioning it.
Just clicked the link and the video is still there and plays fine for me.

I don't recall any suggestion Kane would return around BP, although he did work on the cover of course.

I think the timing of this is simply down to the fact Alice has been spending more time with Kane over the last few years, including apparently writing together. Alice has often said Kane is one of the funniest people he's ever worked with and they've remained good friends, so I would guess the timing was just right and Alice thought it would be fun. I doubt there's much more to it then that.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:19 pm

I enjoyed that video. Has me a bit more excited about Kane’s return. Sounds like he wants to let it rip and have fun.

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:33 pm

I think you're thinking of Jake E. Lee being asked to rejoin Ozzy around 2005.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:43 pm

managed to get it working (i think my laptop was having a senior moment!) Kane is such a legendary guitarist and such a nice bloke. A genuine fan and i cannot wait to hear what him and alice might have come up with musically.
but i am now confused as the albums coming out - "the road" the touring band etc and the rumored OG band so what is kane writing with alice for