Nita Strauss Quits

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Nita Strauss Quits

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 pm

I think Kane returning is great. Love that era. But disappointed Nita is leaving, more so for Demi Lovato. I know, bigger pay check… but still, don’t see her “fitting” in there, and can’t imagine her having the same spotlight she has in Alice’s band.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Berry
Trash
Trash

Post by Berry » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:39 pm

I think it is the perfect time for the return of the original Alice Cooper group in live concerts!
Add Ryan Roxie to the bill, and dream comes true! :)

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:41 pm

Let's all remember Orianthi played with Michael Jackson but went on to of course do her own hard rock albums, play with Alice for a while, do an album with Richie Sambora, and she has another solo album coming out. Look and let's remember all of this is assuming the rumors are true. If she does play for Demi Lovato, look that is not my kind of music and I would guess it isn't most anyone else on this board's either. But Demi Lovato is about as mainstream as it gets. If the money is right I think most of us would at least consider it and sometimes people just want to try something different. At the end of the day she has to do what is best for her. Let's also remember that the first single off of her upcoming solo album did very well. It is quite conceivable she joins a big project for a tour and then if things go well launches a full fledged solo career at some point. Who knows? She was great for the band, added a lot of energy, and because of her talents she got a lot of publicity and it helped keep Alice's name up there as well. It doesn't hurt when she is doing say a WWE gig and it says Nita Strauss, Alice Cooper guitarist.

If the rumors are true about Kane Roberts, that would be awesome. Kane is a great guy and besides the current lineup, the Kane Roberts lineup was my favorite. I have really enjoyed having a shredder in the band the last several years and Roberts would keep that going. That's the great thing about the current band. Every guitar player adds a different layer to what can be done. I think that is one thing that gets missed. Alice has been around for decades and invoked different playing styles. I know many love the early and mid 70's stuff, but there are a lot of people who liked the more metal stuff of the 80's and early 90's as well. For years, the middle part of Alice's career kind of got neglected because the guitarist at the time maybe couldn't play that style. In terms of touring, I am sure Nita didn't just a few days ago tell Alice and company she was leaving. Roberts or whoever replaces her may have already been practicing and Roberts did put out another solo album a few years back. He can definitely do it. I was very bummed about Nita leaving but if Kane returns I can't think of a better replacement and considering how well Roses on White Lace has gone over, I could see maybe even something like Freedom return to the set.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:12 pm

I don't know any more than anyone else about what's going on, but did want to point out that Nita's statement actually only said that she wouldn't be on Alice's fall tour. It's entirely possible that she could end up back in the band after whatever it is that she's doing now. As I said, I know nothing, so I'm not saying it's probable, just saying that her statement left that possibility---in fact, her whole future---open.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:20 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 pm
I think Kane returning is great. Love that era. But disappointed Nita is leaving, more so for Demi Lovato. I know, bigger pay check… but still, don’t see her “fitting” in there, and can’t imagine her having the same spotlight she has in Alice’s band.
It's a stepping stone thing. She does the tour with Lovato to show her versatility while adding to her resume and then can use that as a springboard to her next opportunity.

She'd be selling herself short to ignore other offers and stick with Alice when he's at this stage of his career. I'm surprised she stayed for 8 years to be honest.

She's done a pretty good job seizing her opportunities and making the most of them. This is just a natural progression.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:20 pm

What about Keri Kelli?

I think his return would be a great fit.

:rock:
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:29 pm

ReGorLaTroy wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:20 pm
What about Keri Kelli?

I think his return would be a great fit.

:rock:
He is currently in Night Ranger.

No offense to Keri, but I think Kane Roberts rejoining is much more interesting.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:36 pm

I think Kane's a step back as well. There are young hungry options there. Everyone's getting up on age again - hell even Ori is nearing fourty if she would be coming back! Get a mid 20s shredder like Nita was when she joined. Not like you are going to find another Nita, but perhaps something new and fresh again.

As for joining Demi Lovato, Nita is still young and going up in circles. She has a career to look after and I whole heartedly wish her all the best, and I am thankful for what she did for the band for the past many years that she was with Alice. But she is pretty much where Ori was when she left the band: in covers of guitar magazines voted this and that of the year etc.. Where is Ori now? Quite frankly, back to playing in whisky a go go. Her last record sold nothing. RSO record sold nothing and was bloody awful to boot. And the streaming numbers are that of the local pub bands too. Choices matter in show biz. Nita needs to step up into bigger stages right now to keep her momentum towards the stardom of her own. She might never make it, but now is the time to try. Like I said, I wish all the best for her. She seems like a person that would deserve it.

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:14 am

I never saw Nita in the band. The last time I saw Alice was in 2012. I don't believe he'd bring back Kane, because he didn't even play those songs until a few years ago, besides when he'd do "the Man behind the Mask" in Australia. I would support it.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:36 am

Best of luck to You, Nita

I saw two shows with You and Your enthusiasm was contagious.

Kane would probably be a good choice if the show was going to remain as it has. Would be nice to see Steve Hunter or especially Davey Johnstone up on the stage, but they might not want or be able to do those long treks.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:02 pm

If Kane is back, "Freedom" better open the frickin' show!

Would be EPIC!

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Maybe Demi Lovato wants to go into thrash metal and she needs a shredder. :D

I know nothing about her so I watched a few videos to sort her out from the rest of the pop tarts to understand what she might be doing with Nina. She's got lots of "wall of sound" racket in her shouty choruses where the guitarist is mostly bashing chords. Nina could probably add something to that and really improve it. There's one recent video "Skin of My Teeth" where she adopts a very Nina look and has sparks coming out of her guitar as she's power strumming.

Nina and Ori are in the same boat. They're two of the top female talents in a genre with limited mainstream appeal right now. The path to outright stardom is very limited and it's hard work to make a living as a slightly famous artist these days. So I can't fault either of them for making the moves they think best for their careers.

I preferred Ori's style but I have to admit that I've enjoyed the fact that Nina's presence has helped them revisit some of the metal-era stuff - even if it's not my favorite Alice.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:40 pm

nrc wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:26 pm
Maybe Demi Lovato wants to go into thrash metal and she needs a shredder. :D

I know nothing about her so I watched a few videos to sort her out from the rest of the pop tarts to understand what she might be doing with Nina. She's got lots of "wall of sound" racket in her shouty choruses where the guitarist is mostly bashing chords. Nina could probably add something to that and really improve it. There's one recent video "Skin of My Teeth" where she adopts a very Nina look and has sparks coming out of her guitar as she's power strumming.

Nina and Ori are in the same boat. They're two of the top female talents in a genre with limited mainstream appeal right now. The path to outright stardom is very limited and it's hard work to make a living as a slightly famous artist these days. So I can't fault either of them for making the moves they think best for their careers.

I preferred Ori's style but I have to admit that I've enjoyed the fact that Nina's presence has helped them revisit some of the metal-era stuff - even if it's not my favorite Alice.
Nita, not Nina....

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:54 pm

Official confirmation on Alice’s instagram. Kane is back!
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:19 am

Alice didn't make any statement about Nita.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:40 pm
Nita, not Nina....
Ha. Somehow I always mess that up even when it's on the page in front of me.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:34 am

Got to say, i'm pretty excited to see Kane back. Could be a lot of fun!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:39 pm

Its a real shame that Nita has quit, she was superb........
With that being said, Having the big man back in the band is really exciting.

I know his last solo album was embarrassingly poor but he was shredding very nicely on it so i dont think he has lost his ability or anything. With any hope being around alice again will create that spark we had back in 86 when the two of them formed what i still consider to be the best line up of Alice Cooper ever.

Kane hasnt played live for some time , which is a concern but Kane has never been interested in doing stuff for the money so i am guessing he is pumped to be doing it, especially with the interest in his 80s material being high (thank you nita!!!!) I am very excited. a shame i will not get to see him on this current tour but hopefully for the next album cycle i can catch him in all his muscle bound glory

TheShowman
Trash
Trash

Post by TheShowman » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:35 pm

I usually just lurk but I’ve got to chime in here. Loved seeing Nita in the band and am sad to see her moving on. One thing I really liked about her was the respect she gave to Alice. She’s a spectacle on her own and could easily steal the show, but anytime Alice moved to the front of the stage she took a step back. Knowing this is his show. I really appreciated that respect. I hope the move is a good one for her. Cool seeing Kane come back. He’s got a decent voice too so could be a nice addition to the backing vocals onstage. It’ll be interesting to see how the change goes.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:45 am

Just hope he fits in with the band as the dynamic has been great the last few years. Enjoyed the shows with Kane there before but for me he was at the front too much.The whole set-up is different now.

A step forward or a step back? Not sure yet.