Nita Strauss Quits

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Nita Strauss Quits

Post by concolz » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:14 pm

Just read that Nita Strauss has quit Cooper's band. No reason given, as yet. I won't speculate. Wonder if that will have any repercussions for the forthcoming 'road' album? Perhaps Orianthi will be available for the next tranche of live shows!

https://rb.gy/yjkpm4

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Nita Strauss Quits

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:02 pm

I mean...she technically gave the reason in her post. She is pursuing another opportunity that is already lined up. I'd assume joining another band as she mentions being back on stage soon, but she said it would be announced soon.

The road album is already recorded.

Orianthi is promoting and releasing a new album right now, so not impossible, but she's pretty busy.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm

That's a big shame. Best of luck to Nita in her future pursuits.

Nita is absolute aces as a player and a performer, but I am sure Alice will find a replacement.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:11 pm

Wonder if he will stick with the three guitar lineup and if he does will it be another female ? Not sure if their is some upcoming hotshot female out there or maybe Damon Johnson comes back.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:33 pm

Aw, all the best to Nita.

Sad to see her leaving the AC gang.

What an amazing talent.

I met her after a show and, as many here can attest to, she is a lovely and down to earth individual.

Going to miss her shredding “Nita Style” at future shows.
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:37 pm

revinkevin wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:11 pm
Wonder if he will stick with the three guitar lineup and if he does will it be another female ? Not sure if their is some upcoming hotshot female out there or maybe Damon Johnson comes back.
Quite a few female hot shots out there actually not least thanks to Ori and Nita. But since they were already in the band, I am not sure a lady guitarist is such a novel idea, anymore. Alice will probably pick whoever he thinks is best for the shows as a whole regardless of gender.

That is unless Johnny Depp is willing to leave Jeff Beck for Alice's band. I frankly would rather not see that happen.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 pm

revinkevin wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:11 pm
Damon's kicking Brother Cane back into gear, so not very likely.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:04 pm

My favorite live lineup for Alice was when Zigzag was in the band in the early 2000s. Doubt it will happen, but I'd personally like to see an organ/keys player brought back into the fold. Brings much more musical depth though.

Mark Wahlberg
Trash
Trash

Post by Mark Wahlberg » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:08 pm

Nita joins Demi Lovato.
Kane is back.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:52 am

Maaki wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:37 pm
That is unless Johnny Depp is willing to leave Jeff Beck for Alice's band. I frankly would rather not see that happen.
Alice can't afford Johnny. As a Vampire I'm sure there's a percentage between members.
But, Johnny as a "Hired Gun"? I think not. Maybe a "Guest" appearance or 2. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:35 am

Mark Wahlberg wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:08 pm
Nita joins Demi Lovato.
Kane is back.
This is what I'm hearing.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:22 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:35 am
Mark Wahlberg wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:08 pm
Nita joins Demi Lovato.
Kane is back.
This is what I'm hearing.
Me too. Kane was a good shredder back in the day and would seem like a smooth transition from Nita. But his last couple of solo projects have been anything but shredding. The last one was down right embarrassingly bad.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:36 am

Only one person is indispensable and that is Alice Cooper. Since the original band split, everybody else is a hired gun no matter how great they are, and as such they have the best gig in the World. I’m hearing Kane Roberts is coming back and he will be perfect, just as he was when Alice made his comeback in 1986.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 am

Kane Roberts seems like a backward step to me.

One of the big strengths of the recent years has been the collective personality of the band. Now it'll be Alice and the band and Kane Roberts.

His arrival will also see a renewed strong connection with Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell, which will delight plenty of people. I'm very far from being one of them.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:45 am

How legit / well sourced are the Kane rumours?

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:28 am

Time to bring in a keyboardist.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:08 am

Sad to see her go.
She’s been a force of nature since she joined, and she seems like a nice and down to earth person.

I’m sure she is lining up for a bigger payday. Inevitable perhaps

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:38 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 am

One of the big strengths of the recent years has been the collective personality of the band. Now it'll be Alice and the band and Kane Roberts.

His arrival will also see a renewed strong connection with Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell, which will delight plenty of people. I'm very far from being one of them.
No it won’t, it would be Kane as part of the band. They have been playing 4 songs he actually recorded. A lot of people seem to forget or don’t know he played the guitar solo on Bed of Nails. Add Freedom to the set and keep the two songs off Constrictor and give Kane the solo spot before Roses on White Lace, and the transition will be as smooth as silk.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:25 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:38 am
VinceRaven wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 am

No it won’t, it would be Kane as part of the band. They have been playing 4 songs he actually recorded. A lot of people seem to forget or don’t know he played the guitar solo on Bed of Nails. Add Freedom to the set and keep the two songs off Constrictor and give Kane the solo spot before Roses on White Lace, and the transition will be as smooth as silk.
Now’s your chance, Steven! Kane’s cool and everything, but you were the first one I thought of when I heard the news. Remember us little people, ok?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:18 pm

The only weary thing I have with the Kane rumors is that he hasn’t played live in a LONG time. Does he still have the chops in a live setting? Then again, I’m sure this was something that’s been planned for months and these guys are all pros.

As far as people being worried about all these Constrictor/RYFAY songs, I doubt he’s going to rejoin and we’ll get Thrill my Gorilla. They have 4 Kane played songs in the set, and 3 of them center around the theatrics. With the tour a month and a half away, it probably makes more sense to just have Kane come back