The Lords Of Tantrazz

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

The Lords Of Tantrazz

Post by glamrockbandit » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:57 am

Hi, I figured that this forum would be a good place to ask about this, with the Alice Cooper connection this has.
I've been trying to find the full release date of Kane Roberts' game, "The Lords Of Tantrazz", but I've only ever seen just the year it came out (1996) and nothing more than that online.
I asked Kane about it, and he said that he doesn't remember a specific date, but he did say he remembered a signing event for the game that he and Alice Cooper did on its release day in Hollywood, apparently in Tower Records.
Does anyone here know when exactly that event happened?
"I'd sing to the worms, but they'd turn their back! My beats would be under attack!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The Lords Of Tantrazz

Post by Si » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:21 am

Did you try a site search?
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/07-timel ... mmer96.php

"Nov 9th '96 Signing session at Virgin Megastore, Burbank, LA with Kane Roberts for Kane's game "Lords Of Tantrazz" which features Alice's voice."
There's a flyer as well.

Not sure if this is the event Kane remembers as Tower Records or a second signing though. I don't have any listings for one at Tower Records and a search of local LA newspapers only shows adverts for this Virgin Megastore signing.

glamrockbandit
Trash
Trash

Post by glamrockbandit » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:09 am

I did not try a site search, I didn't think of that. My apologies for missing that!
But seriously, oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'd imagine there's a chance Kane didn't remember it properly, so that's probably the event that he was talking about!
"I'd sing to the worms, but they'd turn their back! My beats would be under attack!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:27 am

glamrockbandit wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:09 am
But seriously, oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'd imagine there's a chance Kane didn't remember it properly, so that's probably the event that he was talking about!
I would say that is probably correct. As I say I can't find any references to any other signing for Tantrazz around that time.